Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Leopard 2A6 and M1A2 transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Leopard 2A6 and M1A2 transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 11:43 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2
I doubt if Daryl will care, the Leo Desert build imaged above is almost a decade old now? I did hear the stabilizer beep, but you do not clearly show the stabilizer at work, so well done, partially, LOL. And...Still a low end radio operating a highend kit, that is a non sequiter, amigo. Awesome, good looking and fragile A7 for sure. Adios gaucho.

Bye bye,

John
John, with all my respect, some time ago I thought you were just Tamiya hardcore fan... But it is pletty clear that you just plain (Censored), (Censored and censored) lol

There is a bunch of people telling you, here and now, that you dont need the ****ty tamiya radio you recommend anymore, and there are many options much better, with much better quality that lets you do whatever you want to do. For some fanatic reason that nobody understands, you just dont want to trust anybody. I bet if somebody comes here and does a video with the leopard and the abrams working with a propper hobby grade radio, you will say that this was a pantomime and the wife was controlling the tank with the tamiya radio. Thats how you are.

You cannot teach/help somebody that does not want to he teached/helped, and obviously you are one of those who dont want. Keep on controlling your tanks like toys, if that makes you happy, but dont more people to do this.

If I had to control the tanks like you do, Id have abandoned the hobby long time ago. Im not a 5 years boy anymore.

And low end radio? The low end radio is obviously the tamiya. With the turnigy 9x that mcovalks is controlling his tank, I did what you saw in my video, also what I posted in the tutorial, and many this more, like I see how much battery is left in the radio and in the tank when running it, or if you are flying something, you can see the GPS coordinates in case you lose the track of it. Multiprotocol module, making my radio compatible with almost every brand in the market. It lets me use even your futaba receivers with my radio. I am not tied to a brand. I can use super small receivers like this, please take a look: FrSky XM Receiver up to 16CH for X9D PLUS Q X7 X9E RC Drone FPV Racing 16 channels in a finger!. Up to 60 different models saved in my radio, I have 40 positions in the switches, yes, 40! (you need them when using advanced models, not the basic tamiya tanks) Also the software in the radio is updated about twice a month with more and newer features. You dont trust it neither, right? Take a look here. https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4676 or again, "With this radios There is NO limit" words of Daryl himself. Go and ask him. Of course you wont do it.

Now tell me, what can you do with the ****ty tamiya radio that we cant with our advanced radios, now that we all know (but you) all the tamiya tanks can be controlled with our propper hobby grade radios?

Last edited by Rad_Schuhart; 09-16-2018 at 05:29 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:22 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Neat Leo2a7 build!
Old 09-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I run my Tamiya Leopard 2A6 with a Futaba 4YF 2.4 ghz with the FHSS system. It works great. No problems, no issues.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Pah co chu puk
I run my Tamiya Leopard 2A6 with a Futaba 4YF 2.4 ghz with the FHSS system. It works great. No problems, no issues.
If your using the after market Leo 2 Tamiya Stabilization Unit, your statement is not true. You will not access it with a Futaba 4YF 2.4 ghz with the FHSS system.

Through as a learned a long time ago the Futaba 4YF 2.4 ghz with the FHSS system will operate all other functions just fine. Only talking about accessing the stabilization unit.

Which is kinda of important if you bought and installed one, don't you think?

Try reading the thread next time bud.

Old 09-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
John, with all my respect, some time ago I thought you were just Tamiya hardcore fan... But it is pletty clear that you just plain (Censored), (Censored and censored) lol

There is a bunch of people telling you, here and now, that you dont need the ****ty tamiya radio you recommend anymore, and there are many options much better, with much better quality that lets you do whatever you want to do. For some fanatic reason that nobody understands, you just dont want to trust anybody. I bet if somebody comes here and does a video with the leopard and the abrams working with a propper hobby grade radio, you will say that this was a pantomime and the wife was controlling the tank with the tamiya radio. Thats how you are.

You cannot teach/help somebody that does not want to he teached/helped, and obviously you are one of those who dont want. Keep on controlling your tanks like toys, if that makes you happy, but dont more people to do this.

If I had to control the tanks like you do, Id have abandoned the hobby long time ago. Im not a 5 years boy anymore.

And low end radio? The low end radio is obviously the tamiya. With the turnigy 9x that mcovalks is controlling his tank, I did what you saw in my video, also what I posted in the tutorial, and many this more, like I see how much battery is left in the radio and in the tank when running it, or if you are flying something, you can see the GPS coordinates in case you lose the track of it. Multiprotocol module, making my radio compatible with almost every brand in the market. It lets me use even your futaba receivers with my radio. I am not tied to a brand. I can use super small receivers like this, please take a look: FrSky XM Receiver up to 16CH for X9D PLUS Q X7 X9E RC Drone FPV Racing 16 channels in a finger!. Up to 60 different models saved in my radio, I have 40 positions in the switches, yes, 40! (you need them when using advanced models, not the basic tamiya tanks) Also the software in the radio is updated about twice a month with more and newer features. You dont trust it neither, right? Take a look here. https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4676 or again, "With this radios There is NO limit" words of Daryl himself. Go and ask him. Of course you wont do it.

Now tell me, what can you do with the ****ty tamiya radio that we cant with our advanced radios, now that we all know (but you) all the tamiya tanks can be controlled with our propper hobby grade radios?
Hi RAD,

Enjoy reading your BS, but truly tired of you and WHY?

First some humor, you may well be a plan old fashioned "Three Stooges" type imbecile (uncensored), which explains everything and or just dumb.

First, you kindly offer up a rc solution to fix the Tamiya Abrams Kit rc operation issues, by recommending a radio swap. The problem turned out to be a factory bad chassis control unit, plus the Abrams' control units are NOT compatible with the Futaba 2.4 rc system the AAF Museum was selling along with the Abrams Kit. Tamiya USA did not know about that issue back in October 2017, nor did the AAF Museum people

Thanks anyway RAD Modeler, love incorrect tips.

Specially, if I had sent you (shipped to Europe) the 2 NEW control units and void the Tamiya USA replacement warranty by putting them in your hands. Anyway, the Abrams rebuild issue was not at the rc setup build stage when you chimed in, but the task was to verify that the Tamiya kit electronics actually worked. I stated my build quest was to determine the ops issues being experienced by several USA Abrams builders AND I did that AND then passed on via FB and rcu Tamiya USA's best advice and recommends about the Abrams rc operation issue and how to fix it!

You kinda got ahead of yourself in a quest to establish your self proclaimed pro rc expertise. Which may or may not be true. Your radio recommends will probably work OK with the Tamiya Abrams if you leave the sticks dumb, but some other modeler will need to spend the money and time to know if that is true or not, LOL.

All in all your rc educational tips were of no value for my 2 Abrams build.

FYI, on You Tube an Asian Modeler uses a Futaba 8 channel system to operate his Tamiya RC Abrams, works great! I got one of those too and will use it, LOL. A REAL man's radio and not some discount EURO kid's stuff. LOL.

Thanks for nothing RAD (censored).

BYE BYE,

John

RAD, I truly appreciate your masterful work on the Tiger IE rc setup and latest video documentation, well done.
Though, how the blazes that would help with my past faulty chassis control unit and Tamiya Abrams RC IR setup is lost in your presentation.
And I am guessing your close to age 6 years old. Great work for an off point tech child Idiot.

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 09-16-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:27 PM
Pah co chu puk

If your using the after market Leo 2 Tamiya Stabilization Unit, your statement is not true. You will not access it with a Futaba 4YF 2.4 ghz with the FHSS system.

Through as a learned a long time ago the Futaba 4YF 2.4 ghz with the FHSS system will operate all other functions just fine. Only talking about accessing the stabilization unit.

Which is kinda of important if you bought and installed one, don't you think?

Try reading the thread next time bud.

He picks a fight with me too. LOL Every time you post, I laugh.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:41 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Originally Posted by Pah co chu puk
He picks a fight with me too. LOL Every time you post, I laugh.

Your laughing at yourself, for sure, 'cause you have nothing to say or show.

A spurious claim on your part. My data is sourced from Tamiya USA and yours is no doubt
from your buttocks...LOL.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:29 PM
Pah co chu puk

LOL

Here is my Leopard working fine out in the real world...

Leopard 2A6 Loader's view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbU0MrW5wcc&t=
Old 09-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Pah co chu puk

LOL

Here is my Leopard in action, out in the real world.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:49 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Hi RAD,

Enjoy reading your BS, but truly tired of you and WHY?

First some humor, you may well be a plan old fashioned "Three Stooges" type imbecile (uncensored), which explains everything and or just dumb.

First, you kindly offer up a rc solution to fix the Tamiya Abrams Kit rc operation issues, by recommending a radio swap. The problem turned out to be a factory bad chassis control unit, plus the Abrams' control units are NOT compatible with the Futaba 2.4 rc system the AAF Museum was selling along with the Abrams Kit. Tamiya USA did not know about that issue back in October 2017, nor did the AAF Museum people

Thanks anyway RAD Modeler, love incorrect tips.

Specially, if I had sent you (shipped to Europe) the 2 NEW control units and void the Tamiya USA replacement warranty by putting them in your hands. Anyway, the Abrams rebuild issue was not at the rc setup build stage when you chimed in, but the task was to verify that the Tamiya kit electronics actually worked. I stated my build quest was to determine the ops issues being experienced by several USA Abrams builders AND I did that AND then passed on via FB and rcu Tamiya USA's best advice and recommends about the Abrams rc operation issue and how to fix it!

You kinda got ahead of yourself in a quest to establish your self proclaimed pro rc expertise. Which may or may not be true. Your radio recommends will probably work OK with the Tamiya Abrams if you leave the sticks dumb, but some other modeler will need to spend the money and time to know if that is true or not, LOL.

All in all your rc educational tips were of no value for my 2 Abrams build.

FYI, on You Tube an Asian Modeler uses a Futaba 8 channel system to operate his Tamiya RC Abrams, works great! I got one of those too and will use it, LOL. A REAL man's radio and not some discount EURO kid's stuff. LOL.

Thanks for nothing RAD (censored).

BYE BYE,

John

RAD, I truly appreciate your masterful work on the Tiger IE rc setup and latest video documentation, well done.
Though, how the blazes that would help with my past faulty chassis control unit and Tamiya Abrams RC IR setup is lost in your presentation.
And I am guessing your close to age 6 years old. Great work for an off point tech child Idiot.
John, your tears are delicious.

1) My BS? Well, you still dont believe I can do that things with the radio, when you cant with your radio, right? Im still waiting for your anwers.
2) How could I know your tamiya unit was defective? I thought all tamiya stuff was made in heaven, with no failures at all, because it is ultra premium, doesnt it? Anyway, thats how you treat people that tries to helo you for free. Great. Hey, rest of the people in the forum, take good note of this please.
3) Your unit's guarantee... That was going to be untouched, I was never ever going to open those electronics, cut any wire of modify them in any way. I was just going to plug my receiver and to try it with my radio.
4) I said many times I am not any rc expertise. In fact as you can see, some of the tutorials I posted are not mine, and for doing my gear setup I had to ask the OPENRC guys. I am far, far away from being an expert and I have to ask things quite often. Always learning, unlike you.
5) Oh, so you ended buying a programable radio, LOL at the end of all, you have seen those crappy tamiya radios you were recommending worth nothing, and ended buying a programable radio like I recommended you months ago. Thats interesting. Pity that radio lacks of channels for controlling the most modern aftermarket boards, but hey, it is a beginning.
6) "Real man's radio and no discounted euro kids stuff" That makes me laugh. Talking to you is like showing a spacerocket to a neanderthal guy. It is pretty clear you just will dont understand why those radios are so good. Te taranis X9D as far as I know is the most used radio for long distance FPV flying and drone racing for example. (And YES; you can use it with the tanks too)
7) Thanks for nothing? Well, say thanks, now you have a programable radio.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:23 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

This is so much fun to read.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:55 AM
Pah co chu puk

Yes, it has me laughing.

I love Rad's statement "your tears are delicious" that's some poetic stuff. I will be using that phrase in the future for sure. Thanks Rad.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:28 AM
Arctic Cat ZRT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the market for another stick radio but on a budget. I ended up going with the FlySky I6X. Not as programmable as the taranis but works for me (I was looking at a taranis but I didn't need that kind of functionality/complexity). Biggest upgrade from the standard I6 is that you can solder in 3 position switches to replace the 2 position and they will work automatically with no programming. Also allows me to use 10 channels with only a few changed options and a 10 channel receiver! I was able to get a FlySky I6X (with 6 channel receiver) and 3 position switch for about 70 bucks through amazon.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:11 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I ever feel the need to spice things up around here, I can always ask which radio is best for the Tamiya Abrams then watch the fireworks begin.....I agree, reading this thread brings joy to my life. LOL