RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Armortek's New Tank Release: M3 Grant/Lee

Old 09-17-2018, 03:59 AM
Old MSgt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Armortek's New Tank Release: M3 Grant/Lee

Armortek just announced it's coming out with it's newest tank, the M3. It can be ordered in either the U.S. Lee or the British Grant version. Orders for it will be taken in September and they will begin shipping'em next Spring.

You can check it out on the Armortek site under the Forums section or on their Facebook page.

Mike

Last edited by Old MSgt; 09-17-2018 at 04:08 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:56 AM
assari

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good news for those who fancy that model and who have a lot of money.

M3 is a legendary armored fighting vehicle and mother of Sherman tank.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:46 AM
Jarhead2005

That looks like an awesome kit! But one project at a time for me. (Even tho technically I have several, between the 1/6 Sherman, a 1/16 Sherman, and a 1/16 Lee, plus RC aircraft)
Old 09-18-2018, 02:33 AM
Armortek

Here is our official announcement (not allowed to attach photos yet):

Armortek, the world’s leading manufacturer of 1:6 scale metal model kits announces the launch of their latest products – the iconic M3 Lee/Grant medium tanks.

Used by the Americans, British, Australians, Indians and the Russians during World War II, the M3 medium tank was most effective in matching and even beating the German firepower in the North African campaign and was a vital “stop-gap” until the M4 Sherman tanks made their debut.

In keeping with previous Armortek releases, the Armortek M3 Lee and Grant medium tank kits are a result of detailed research and measurements of a full-scale vehicle. Made predominantly from CNC machined aluminium and steel, the kits feature scale thickness armour, prototypical suspension and can be remote control enabled.

Containing over 2,000 parts (with more than 200 unique components), the M3 medium tank kit will take about 200 hours to build.

The M3 Lee/ Grant from Armortek measures 94cm (37”) long and 44cm (17”) wide and stands 48cm (19”) tall. They will weigh approximately 80kg (180 lbs) in their remote-controlled configuration.

The kits are manufactured in a small batch as Limited Editions and each one comes with a serial number and certificate of authenticity

Option packs can be added to the kits to provide them with remote-controlled drive, turret turn, gun elevation and slew, realistic sounds and exhaust smoke.

The M3 Lee and M3 Grant will be available for delivery in Spring 2019 and will cost £3,295 excluding VAT and P&P.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:17 AM
sevoblast

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Old MSgt View Post
Armortek just announced it's coming out with it's newest tank, the M3. It can be ordered in either the U.S. Lee or the British Grant version. Orders for it will be taken in September and they will begin shipping'em next Spring.

You can check it out on the Armortek site under the Forums section or on their Facebook page.

Mike
Looks like a great kit! Wish it was in my scale of 1/16, but this scale is good enough. You going to get one, Gramps?
Old 09-18-2018, 09:54 AM
Old MSgt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Aww Bob, I would LOVE to get one but I ain't got no money... we poor back here in these Kantuck hollars. If the dollar and pound were closer to even, then I WOULD have to do some figuring and scheming.

Guess I could pull a pair of my wife's panty hose over my head again and go down to the Quik Stop and make a 'withdrawal' but that's where I git my Powerball tickets at so they might know who me is.

Mike

Last edited by Old MSgt; 09-18-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Crius

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Old MSgt View Post
Aww Bob, I would LOVE to get one but I ain't got no money... we poor back here in these Kantuck hollars. If the dollar and pound were closer to even, then I WOULD have to do some figuring and scheming.

Guess I could pull a pair of my wife's panty hose over my head again and go down to the Quik Stop and make a 'withdrawal' but that's where I git my Powerball tickets at so they might know who me is.

Mike

Something tells me you'll have one before it's over.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:45 PM
Markocaster

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by old msgt View Post
aww bob, i would love to get one but i ain't got no money... We poor back here in these kantuck hollars. If the dollar and pound were closer to even, then i would have to do some figuring and scheming.

Guess i could pull a pair of my wife's panty hose over my head again and go down to the quik stop and make a 'withdrawal' but that's where i git my powerball tickets at so they might know who me is.

Mike
lol
Old 09-18-2018, 09:45 PM
sevoblast

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Try a different disguise. Wash your face and hands, shave, comb your hair, then put on your Sunday Go To Meetin' suit, a fresh white shirt and tie. No way they'd recognize you then, you can make the withdrawal and be long gone while the POlease be lookin' for some danged Yankee who done robbed the quick stop. Remember to put on the shirt that has a collar for the tie. Fresh white Tee shirt with a tie won't work....
Old 09-18-2018, 10:29 PM
herrmill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nice! Now only if someone in the 1/16 market would follow with one. Whatever became of MATO's plans from years ago to release one?

Doubt highly that Armortek will have to worry about the new Chinese upstart, Warslug, copying that - they appear too focused on next releasing a Tiger & "Fury" as they called it last month at SIME followed by a Churchill & Tortoise. Crazy.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:57 PM
Jarhead2005

Originally Posted by herrmill View Post
Nice! Now only if someone in the 1/16 market would follow with one. Whatever became of MATO's plans from years ago to release one?

Doubt highly that Armortek will have to worry about the new Chinese upstart, Warslug, copying that - they appear too focused on next releasing a Tiger & "Fury" as they called it last month at SIME followed by a Churchill & Tortoise. Crazy.
You can find 1/16 kits, which I'm about to buy one of, and build it for my spare Sherman chassis. But the only RTR one I've seen is by haya, and it's kinda pricey, at least for me, in par with torro prices.