Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long m4a3 Sherman conversion to mato chassis

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long m4a3 Sherman conversion to mato chassis

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 06:00 AM
Jarhead2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
Good mork man. Thta chas nversion is not for the faint of heart, you need to be willing to cut and chop and expirement to do it. Nice work with the flat magents, good idea, i have not seen that before.
Thanks Rich! It wasn't nearly as difficult as I had imagined. If you have even an ounce of common Sense, then you can figure out what you need to do without doing any damage. 2 hours had the gearboxes in. The hard part was actually trying to figure out how to mate them. The flat magnets were therethe idea I could come up with. I was hesitant on glueing in the flat pieces of lexon inside the upper cause I knew once I did that, there was no way way to return if it didn't work!
Old 10-01-2018, 05:27 PM
SteelBird

Originally Posted by Jarhead2005

On the Sherman's, there is an engine access hatch on the rear. On this chairsc, that for is actually functional (after I replaced the hinges). So I had the switch behind that access door. I did have to remove the exhaust diffuser to do so tho.
That's great! On Mato's Tiger 1, the engine cover and driver's hatch can be opened, dealer told me they place their switch and charging port there but I use HL's upper, so none can be opened. Why the cross on the rear? Had your Sherman been captured by the Nazi?
Old 10-01-2018, 07:07 PM
Jarhead2005

Originally Posted by SteelBird
That's great! On Mato's Tiger 1, the engine cover and driver's hatch can be opened, dealer told me they place their switch and charging port there but I use HL's upper, so none can be opened. Why the cross on the rear? Had your Sherman been captured by the Nazi?

Mine is also a HL upper that I had to modify to for the mato chassis.
On the cross, yes it is captured. Going thru everyone else's Sherman's, both here and in cape Facebook groups, they are predominantly marked as allied. I like being different so I decided mine is gonna be a captured Sherman. I would like a few more minor German details, such as a mg42 instead of the 50, some German packs, and maybe a German tank Commander, but I'm working with what i have on hand.