Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RC German Halftrack

Old 10-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Derek2611

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RC German Halftrack

Hi, I've been a member on here for a while, but I know that there are some very skilled modelers here. The German Sdkfz 251 Hanomag is one of my favorite vehicles of all time. I have even gone so far as to buy a static model and tried to convert it to rc. I know others have done this. My question is this: does anyone possibly have a halftrack they'd be willing to sell? All my life I've been fascinated with history and I do have static models, but getting an rc halftrack would really be something cool for me. I would just convert my own, but I am quite possibly the least skilled person when it comes to fabricating or working on models, especially rc. Thanks! I appreciate it! Derek
Old 10-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Jarhead2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll almost have to convert one. Spyker Workshop sells some conversion parts, but for a bit more FOA sells the complete build kit. I'm wanting to do one in 1/6 myself, after I get my 1/6 Sherman done, and I wanna do the version the cannon in a theytu, and convert it to either airsoft or paintball and dual the two
Old 10-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

21st century toys made one a while back in 1/18 scale. I has been converted to RC in the past, they are rare, but it can be done, I have battled against one in an IR battle. The guy who did it does amazing work converting odd static stuff into RC. Your best bet is to find one online and convert it yourself.

My static one

The RC one
Old 10-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Hey Paco, is it just me, or is Rommel a freakin' Giant?
Old 10-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

He's standing on the seat, the others are standing on the floor. He is the Field Marshall after all. He should be looked up to
Old 10-09-2018, 12:40 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

I have for some years been expecting WSN/TORRO to produce a German Half Track in 1/16 to complement the 1/16 GMC M16 Half Track that they made,
It is by the way very easy to modify into a very pleasing and highly detailed version and with the addition of the ELMOD Control Board that is specific to the Model you can end up with a real beaut,
I just wish I had its German opposite number to give balance to the M16.
I know LUDWIG (www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de) sells a kit in 1/16 of a German Half Track that can be fitted with R/C but it is a lot of money with the prospect of a lot of work to complete it.
Shaun.

Last edited by jarndice; 10-09-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:15 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Here's an on-going Ludwig Pakwagen build you can follow from the Netherlands:

https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...p?f=23&t=26165