Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen 1:16 recoil barrel help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen 1:16 recoil barrel help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 12:14 PM
Rossman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Taigen 1:16 recoil barrel help

Hello all,

New here, and first post, and new to the 1:16th tank hobby, but jumping right in. I have a Taigen metal edition late-model Tiger with V1 electronics/360 turrent rotation/Airsoft. I recently purchased their new recoiling Airsoft turret. Their instructions were basically “plug and play.” I have two questions/issues: First, I have confirmed with Erik at Taigen that the tank is connected properly, but no gun fire/recoil/sound. Per Erik’s instruction I opened up the turrent and discovered the recoil wire was severely bent. I fixed that and reconnected everything. The recoil server activates/recoils slightly when the tank is turned on, but nothing after that - and a faint intermittent servo sound is heard, like there’s a bad connection or something (everything else functions). Being a novice here I would make the assumption the servo is bad/fried? Second question: The new turret is not 360 compatible. I think I can solve that using the connections from the previous turrent, but in that scenario there is no accounting for the power cable that runs from the new recoil turret to the power in the main body - the question is does anyone know the fix for this? Taigen essentially sells a tiger that has the airsoft recoil unit and 360 rotation - that’s the setup I’m trying to get to, but my skill/knowledge level reached it’s event horizon awhile ago.

I’m working with Erik at Taigen, but he’s a busy guy, understandbly.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any suggestions.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Ampickle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recoil servo

Had the same issue. Mine is about a month old. It worked once then quit. Erik was good on sending me info to trouble shoot. Interesting that my wire was bent as well. I relayed that to Erik and he said that it wasn’t covered under warranty since I probably ran it into something and broke the servo. He recommended I take it to a local hobby store and get it fixed. Kind of a shame as I was about to order another tank.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:35 PM
Panzer222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I had the same problem,on mine the the servo wire was just bowed after a slight wall bump but stopped working,I Straighten the wire but it eventually stopped altogether,there no movement whatsoever now and my thought is the servo has gone belly up,
after disassembling the turret and inspecting the connections between the servo and the barrel I’m not overly impressed with it . I’ve seen a couple of aftermarket nylon servo kits that seem to be much better thought out and assembled.
Erik makes sure to mention they had the forthought to add a spare servo wire with my tank,Taigen Tiger I Metal Mid production which means to me they expect that thin wire to bend and need replacing.
dont get me wrong love my TigerI just wish that for barrel recoil feature had been better thought out.and was a bit more strudy.
also for Erik to say because the owner bumping the barrel into something and bending the servo wire invalidates that part of the warranty is just bull**** ,these are $500 tanks and should be built with quality parts that the manufacturer warranty fully backs up for 1 year.
sure if I’m walkingalong carrying it and drop it and it shatters that’s on me but if I’m driving it and accidentally bump into a piece of furniture and it breaks ,replacement parts should be available under the warranty.( including the servo)
Larry.

Last edited by Panzer222; 11-08-2019 at 05:59 PM.