RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark's 1/16 Cromwell

Old 01-19-2019, 06:41 PM
herrmill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Heard but believe a Tiger is further down the line. In addition to the Cromwell he's already studying the Comet & getting lobbied to consider a Cruiser III and or Centurion.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:04 PM
Tanque

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by herrmill View Post
Heard but believe a Tiger is further down the line. In addition to the Cromwell he's already studying the Comet & getting lobbied to consider a Cruiser III and or Centurion.
Don't want to go to far off your thread's topic as I'm really interested in Clark's Cromwell but the comments regarding another 1/16 Tiger I made me think about one
in particular I've not heard about in a while: Aero-Mate's Tiger I. I've had business with those guys and I'm a fan. Don't really know where theirs sits on the true_to_scale
index however I love their work. I know it's not the cheapest but their work is just marvelous. I've been meaning to write them to ask about their latest to see if there's more info on the Panther...

So is the Cromwell still on track to hit the market mid 2019?

Jerry
Old 01-20-2019, 01:42 AM
herrmill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jerry,

Not sure what's happening with Aero-Mate. They've seemed to have gone away or, at the very least, deep underground. I saw them 9 years ago at SIME & was very impressed with their product. Again, that other player I sent you, Metal Xu, who makes the 1/16 Panther, KT, JT (DRLM offers) & PzH 2000 offers what appears to be jewelry quality but he's strictly a one man shop.

Regarding the Cromwell Clark mentioned yesterday an early summer release with pricing in the $600 range. I saw he posted also on his M113A1 so would presume that will be out before the first of the Brit tanks.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:09 AM
Tanque

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jerry,

Not sure what's happening with Aero-Mate. They've seemed to have gone away or, at the very least, deep underground. I saw them 9 years ago at SIME & was very impressed with their product. Again, that other player I sent you, Metal Xu, who makes the 1/16 Panther, KT, JT (DRLM offers) & PzH 2000 offers what appears to be jewelry quality but he's strictly a one man shop.

Regarding the Cromwell Clark mentioned yesterday an early summer release with pricing in the $600 range. I saw he posted also on his M113A1 so would presume that will be out before the first of the Brit tanks.
Yup I'm very buzzed up about a Cromwell, I'd like one of those. Regarding Aero-Mate I was fortunate to get 2 of their Tigers. I purchased a kit directly but also found and rescued a damaged one on ebay which had been fairly abused but responded well to repairs and cleanup. She's a great runner, I may have posted a thread about the repairs. They are/were pricey but their execution was beyond excellent, impressive as you say. They also did some custom work for me to make several sets of 1/10 scale Tiger I engine deck sets and I have to say their excellent work transferred nicely to the larger scale.

I like that Clark is offering their Cromwell with metal tracks, I know metal isn't right for everything but tracks of metal just seem the way to go. I need to pay more attention to Clark's FB posts..

I appreciate the information you have shared regarding this work.

Jerry
Old 01-20-2019, 01:11 PM
herrmill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jerry, funny thing happened last night after I sent that post. I got a message from Feng @ Hooben stating one of his EU dealers was inquiring on British tanks, specifically Churchill, Cromwell & Comet so apparently some folks are awakening to the fact there is a market out there for something different. That said, he told me his main focus will remain 1/10 & when I asked specifically of your wish for the new M4A3E8, he'll said his new run of 100 will be ready in March so recommend you get your order into Kate. Also mentioned he'll have some new releases in the same scale for 2019.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:19 PM
Tanque

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

......Also mentioned he'll have some new releases in the same scale for 2019.
Oooo, I just felt a disturbance in the Force.....either that or...never mind..

Jerry
Old 01-20-2019, 01:26 PM
herrmill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yea, thought that might get you all hot & bothered.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:56 PM
herrmill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Clark posted another design update with more detail.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:45 PM
herrmill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Clark's design progresses with more added details such as welds on the bosses on the turret. He's got some excellent reference material from several Brits who are restoring a Mk IV & Charioteer. I just passed along to Clark many detailed photos of the track link from the Charioteer owner I'm in contact with who has it sitting in his backyard.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:01 AM
herrmill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Old 02-27-2019, 01:40 AM
herrmill

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Clark posted a few more progress shots of his A27 project. He's thinking of leaving off the injected fenders & offering these as an option in brass for more scale appearance.