Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Tanker, New Member

Old 04-30-2020, 01:48 PM
bcmfin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tanker, New Member

Ordered myself a HL King Tiger looking for some indoor activity during this stay at home thing. Turns out it's an older 5 point whatever board. I've read all the threads back to 2015 looking for an upgrade and cannot find a consensus. A Heng Long TK6.1 seems like the easiest solution. Thoughts, suggestions, help?
Old 04-30-2020, 03:14 PM
BcuriousR

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I bought a 6.0 tank. I like it a lot. However, I bought it as a project and parted it out already. I need servo elevation and recoil.......so I was impressed enough with the 6.0 that I thought I'd give the 6.1 a try. (Coming from a guy who uses IBU2U boards exclusively). It will arrive toward the end of June. It was fairly expensive compared to the 6.0 board. So, unless you need servos, I think you'd be plenty happy with the 6.0. compared to your 5.x, it will add IR capabilities to the airsoft. It's much cheaper than the 6.1 and readily available.

Side note: a 6.x board will not be plug and play. The wiring has changed. Not too complicated, but different.

Last edited by BcuriousR; 04-30-2020 at 03:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bcmfin (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 03:54 PM
bcmfin

Back yard runner so no need for IR. When you say recoil and elevation, is that referring the kick up when the gun fires or normal up down barrel movement? I definitely want recoil so I'm thinking the 6.1. Thanks for your quick response.
Old 04-30-2020, 11:51 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Hi Welcome and enjoy,
Heng Long have not fitted the Version 6.0 board to the whole of its current range of Armour,
They have concentrated on the best sellers which counts out the Tiger 2 for the moment.
B Curious is right the conversion to the V6.0 from earlier boards involves a bit more than just changing boards,
The earlier recoil just made the Tank jump and it looks pretty naff,
The recoil that is fitted in the latest Tanks does mean the barrel recoils as it would in the real Tank,
Aftermarket upgrades are available to allow early Tank main guns to recoil correctly,
The hard part is removing that darn fool leap,.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:59 AM
bcmfin

Originally Posted by jarndice
Hi Welcome and enjoy,
Heng Long have not fitted the Version 6.0 board to the whole of its current range of Armour,
They have concentrated on the best sellers which counts out the Tiger 2 for the moment.
B Curious is right the conversion to the V6.0 from earlier boards involves a bit more than just changing boards,
The earlier recoil just made the Tank jump and it looks pretty naff,
The recoil that is fitted in the latest Tanks does mean the barrel recoils as it would in the real Tank,
Aftermarket upgrades are available to allow early Tank main guns to recoil correctly,
The hard part is removing that darn fool leap,.
Thanks, I'll give the 6.1 a go. Lots of time on my hands. Can I fit Heng Longs barrel recoil in or should I go aftermarket?