Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark's 1/16 Cromwell

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 06:41 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Heard but believe a Tiger is further down the line. In addition to the Cromwell he's already studying the Comet & getting lobbied to consider a Cruiser III and or Centurion.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:04 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by herrmill
Heard but believe a Tiger is further down the line. In addition to the Cromwell he's already studying the Comet & getting lobbied to consider a Cruiser III and or Centurion.
Don't want to go to far off your thread's topic as I'm really interested in Clark's Cromwell but the comments regarding another 1/16 Tiger I made me think about one
in particular I've not heard about in a while: Aero-Mate's Tiger I. I've had business with those guys and I'm a fan. Don't really know where theirs sits on the true_to_scale
index however I love their work. I know it's not the cheapest but their work is just marvelous. I've been meaning to write them to ask about their latest to see if there's more info on the Panther...

So is the Cromwell still on track to hit the market mid 2019?

Jerry
Old 01-20-2019, 01:42 AM
herrmill

Jerry,

Not sure what's happening with Aero-Mate. They've seemed to have gone away or, at the very least, deep underground. I saw them 9 years ago at SIME & was very impressed with their product. Again, that other player I sent you, Metal Xu, who makes the 1/16 Panther, KT, JT (DRLM offers) & PzH 2000 offers what appears to be jewelry quality but he's strictly a one man shop.

Regarding the Cromwell Clark mentioned yesterday an early summer release with pricing in the $600 range. I saw he posted also on his M113A1 so would presume that will be out before the first of the Brit tanks.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:09 AM
Tanque

Jerry,

Not sure what's happening with Aero-Mate. They've seemed to have gone away or, at the very least, deep underground. I saw them 9 years ago at SIME & was very impressed with their product. Again, that other player I sent you, Metal Xu, who makes the 1/16 Panther, KT, JT (DRLM offers) & PzH 2000 offers what appears to be jewelry quality but he's strictly a one man shop.

Regarding the Cromwell Clark mentioned yesterday an early summer release with pricing in the $600 range. I saw he posted also on his M113A1 so would presume that will be out before the first of the Brit tanks.
Yup I'm very buzzed up about a Cromwell, I'd like one of those. Regarding Aero-Mate I was fortunate to get 2 of their Tigers. I purchased a kit directly but also found and rescued a damaged one on ebay which had been fairly abused but responded well to repairs and cleanup. She's a great runner, I may have posted a thread about the repairs. They are/were pricey but their execution was beyond excellent, impressive as you say. They also did some custom work for me to make several sets of 1/10 scale Tiger I engine deck sets and I have to say their excellent work transferred nicely to the larger scale.

I like that Clark is offering their Cromwell with metal tracks, I know metal isn't right for everything but tracks of metal just seem the way to go. I need to pay more attention to Clark's FB posts..

I appreciate the information you have shared regarding this work.

Jerry
Old 01-20-2019, 01:11 PM
herrmill

Jerry, funny thing happened last night after I sent that post. I got a message from Feng @ Hooben stating one of his EU dealers was inquiring on British tanks, specifically Churchill, Cromwell & Comet so apparently some folks are awakening to the fact there is a market out there for something different. That said, he told me his main focus will remain 1/10 & when I asked specifically of your wish for the new M4A3E8, he'll said his new run of 100 will be ready in March so recommend you get your order into Kate. Also mentioned he'll have some new releases in the same scale for 2019.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:19 PM
Tanque

......Also mentioned he'll have some new releases in the same scale for 2019.
Oooo, I just felt a disturbance in the Force.....either that or...never mind..

Jerry
Old 01-20-2019, 01:26 PM
herrmill

Yea, thought that might get you all hot & bothered.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:56 PM
herrmill

Clark posted another design update with more detail.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:45 PM
herrmill

Clark's design progresses with more added details such as welds on the bosses on the turret. He's got some excellent reference material from several Brits who are restoring a Mk IV & Charioteer. I just passed along to Clark many detailed photos of the track link from the Charioteer owner I'm in contact with who has it sitting in his backyard.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:01 AM
herrmill

Old 02-27-2019, 01:40 AM
herrmill

Clark posted a few more progress shots of his A27 project. He's thinking of leaving off the injected fenders & offering these as an option in brass for more scale appearance.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:22 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

A little info post for you al regarding the kit
Dear All,

Here are some update about Cromwell Project,

Art team has finished 3d modeling, CAD team will start to work on detailing and mechanical design, please refer to the album and let us know if you spot any error on it, we can correct any time before production.

-Final options for RTR are as the following
a. Flysky i6s transmitter + ia6b receiver (street price :$80 )
b. Steel gear TDGB ( triple differential gear box) ( street price:$150)
c. TK80S control board in 10-CH control mode with Cromwell sound set( street price: $150)
d. metal chassis, suspension, road wheel(with rubber), idler and sprocket,
d. plastic upper hull and small parts,
e. Pressed metal fender,
f. servo recoil and elevation,
g. full steel turret rotation unit,
h. Clear plastic coaxial and hull mount MG barrel.

-Golden sample will be finished in July for demonstration.

- Business model will be group buying and will only be produced once in limited Qty to reduce cost and we will move on to next project, the price are as the following from subcontractor
a. 100 units : $699
b. 200 units: $649
c. 300 units: $599

-Will open for ordering from May 1st to Jun 30. price will be based on the final order we get. if total order less than 100 units, we simply suspend the production and move to others, all payments will be refunded

-Start to ship from Sep. 1st.

Please feel free to contact us if any question.

Regards,
Clark
Old 03-20-2019, 11:04 AM
herrmill

Glad to see this reposted from Clark's FB page. Folks, the Cromwell has gone live but Clark will need a minimum of 100 pre-orders to see it arrive on the market. If you like British armor, be sure place your order & spread the word.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:48 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

So these are a dedicated run as opposed to the print to order m60a3 kit?
Old 03-20-2019, 02:57 PM
herrmill

That is correct, Rich. I don't know how much of the upper & detail parts are 3D, but do know the Cromwell & others he's planning to follow will be dedicated runs using injected & metal parts to offer a reasonable price.

As Clark said several hours ago,
We put all the good stuff together to reduce total cost and no one needs to upgrade in future.
It is refreshing to know we have someone who is truly listening to the audience.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:24 AM
Cruiser133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should enter into a partnership with the WOT tanks folks to really get the word out. Everybody loves the Cromwell in that game.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:17 PM
herrmill

Originally Posted by Cruiser133
They should enter into a partnership with the WOT tanks folks to really get the word out. Everybody loves the Cromwell in that game.
Forget WOT - I know their former China manager who oversaw their Shanghai office & after hearing what it was like working with those Russians, I'd not recommend anyone partner with them.

Considering the number of questions posed over at RCTW, I just posted of what I know on the Cromwell project. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

I, along with several others, have been working in the background with Clark on research to help see this Cromwell & other British subjects come to fruition. To be clear, my only interest in assisting Clark is to buy one his new tanks at list price like anyone else. If the Cromwell is a hit, he already has Crusader Mk III, Centurion & Comet on his list but that's down the road after a few others appear that he's currently working.

Regarding Clark's business model, I have no problem with his approach since I've know him for years & he's a reliable seller & registered company. I personally know most of the Asian based sources here, been burned by a few but have no qualms on what Clark is proposing.

As stated in his post, he will accept orders May-June & payment is not due until after the proto "golden" sample is finished in July. At that point buyers will be asked to pay in full for delivery Sept 1. If they cannot get 100 paid orders then the Cromwell project will be cancelled & he'll move on with BT-7. Refunds will be given to all who paid in but I doubt that will be needed given the interest. That said, if you are interested in seeing the Cromwell, I'd suggest not sitting on your duff.

I suggested Kickstarter but it's not available in Taiwan where he's based. Only means would be to open a new company in the States or another country currently eligible for project use. Thats not about to happen.

Regarding the stated price, it's a bargain given the standard features he's offering down to the stamped brass fenders which was one of my suggestions in lieu of plastic injected parts found on others. Check out the close ups of the detail he's putting into his design drawings like the welds on the rivet bosses on the turret. As you would expect the hedgerow cutter, etc shown in his latest drawings will be detachable. All said, based on what I know this will be one fine piece of kit.

Get your mates to go in on this & you'll see other models will follow. Feel free to ask any questions. Cheers.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:43 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

I'm really interested in having one, but since I got laid off two months ago it might not be in the cards for me. Hopefully I will have gainful employment soon or at least before June.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:47 PM
herrmill

The man is getting way ahead of himself now; certainly keeping his design team busy!

Old 03-22-2019, 12:24 PM
king_tubby

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Is Clark's kit based on the Tamiya 1:35 offering?
The Tamiya Cromwell kit depicts a type C hull, while most tanks fielded operationaly had the engine deck replaced, making them a Type D. The Tamiya cupola is the early type, with two periscopes only. Most tanks had all-round periscopes like the later Churchill cupola. There were also differences in driver/co-driver hatch arrangements.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:34 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

The man is getting way ahead of himself now; certainly keeping his design team busy!

Crikey, theres a lot of hours gone into that lot - either his modellers are very cheap or he is going to go bankrupt very quickly
Old 03-23-2019, 03:00 PM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Cromwell is welcomed, a BT is completely unexpected.

This is interesting for sure.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:26 AM
herrmill

FYI, Clark will have his RTR tank page up next week on his website http://www.clark-model.com

For those on Facebook, you'll want to join his user group to place orders for the BT-7 & Cromwell.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:45 AM
herrmill

Default Clark's 1/16 BT-7 / BT-42

Clark announced he'll offer the BT-7 for sale ahead of the Cromwell starting mid-April. As with the Cromwell, there will be a initial period to solicit interest & orders followed by prototype "golden" sample after which payment will be due after presentation. Delivery will follow in August.

The BT-42 will be offered as an option for those who want the Finnish SP so no worries about needing a 100 piece MOQ. As with his other planned releases, production will commence once the 100 minimum is met for the BT-7 chassis & payments received.

Keep in mind the BT-7, Cromwell & other pending releases will be offered as single limited runs similar to how Armortek operates so if you're interested in getting one, best place your order once the buy period is open.

1/16 RTR RUSSIAN TANK BT-7 MODEL 1935

Specification:
-Flysky i6s transmitter + micro receiver (street price :$85 )
-Full Steel track motor -TK39SP control board in 10-CH control mode with BT-7 sound set( street price: $115)
-Metal track link, suspension, road wheel(with rubber), idler and sprocket
-Plastic upper hull and small parts
-Servo recoil and elevation
-Full steel turret rotation unit
-Clear plastic coaxial and hull mount MG barrel
-Compatible with Tamiya IR battle

Business model: Group buying and will only be produced once in limited Qty to reduce cost, estimated price are as the following from subcontractor
a. 100 units :$339
b. 200 units: $299
c. 300 units: $259

Old 03-24-2019, 01:18 AM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

I'm wondering if Clark has talked to any vendors that might want to buy some to have on hand to resell? That might help get the production numbers, lower cost, and get them into more hands that might not be able to put down money at the time needed. Just a thought.... I realize then the vendor takes on some risk and it may take them some time to move the kits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.