Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Taigen JS-2 initial impressions

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen JS-2 initial impressions

Old 04-19-2019, 06:55 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I was at their website and i thought it said the turret only has 180 degrees of rotation? That can't be right, can it? I've been waiting for a t-72 for a long time, but what I really want is a better option for the T-55. An RTR T-55 would make me a happy camper.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:44 AM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

The spec sheet says 340 for the Standard and Enthusiast models. The Extreme says 360. Those are from the DKLM RC picture posts.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:46 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
I was at their website and i thought it said the turret only has 180 degrees of rotation? That can't be right, can it? I've been waiting for a t-72 for a long time, but what I really want is a better option for the T-55. An RTR T-55 would make me a happy camper.
It will be offered in 3 configurations, all three of which have airsoft or infrared versions (all the airsoft models come with airsoft barrel recoil). The lower two versions will have 340 degrees of rotation while the top end one will have full 360 degrees of rotation. I'm sure there will be an upgrade offered to fix that if you wish.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:05 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

That's good to know. Just so you guys know I'm not crazy, this is what I saw

Radio Controlled toys & hobbies - Enthusiasm beyond compare - Waltersons

Scroll down just a bit to specs and it says 180 degrees, but it also says IR range is only 3 meters, so I bet it's the 1/72 or 1/24. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:48 AM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

If you scroll down to the pictures on that link you posted, the tank fits in the palm of the guy's hand. That particular model looks to be 1/72 scale.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:50 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

That is the product page for the 1/72nd. The official pics and stuff from Walterson's will be released next week though the show is going on right now in Beijing where it is being announced. Lots of neat stuff on it I can finally talk about.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:35 AM
blueimperator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks very nice the IS-2. Been hovering over the buy it now button over at taigen for days now, problem is the leopard 2a6 is so tempting as well. i Do not have any tank in my harem that is not of the ww2 variant. And the leopard is so very tempting. I had just decided to finish off my panther g with parts when i saw this and dropped 400 so i cannot in good conscience buy both and let my new child starve once again.

i was in iraq, my son was in iraq, my grandson will not be in iraq, this i pledge. "Common Dirk, put that tutu on, we dont want to miss ballet class, and stop touching my tanks. Those are for sissies not for the next casanova like you boy!"
Old 05-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Navy chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JS2 owner

Greetings.. Received my JS2 yesterday. Mostly favorable purchase. I find the weathering acceptable. The white stripping however could be toned down a bit. Maybe aged with a yellower shade of white. Applied thinner. Let some green bleed through. LOTS of bubbles in the white paint. Was somewhat surprised the hull mounted shovel tool was sprayed green and with cast iron texture. Lack of attention to detail from the finisher. Especially considering this is an EXPENSIVE model. Noticed the Torro and most other JS2's sold out of the USA, namely Russia, did not get the shovel sprayed turret green. The white stripping was less pock marked as well.

The tank does run spectacular. Smooth and responsive. The proportional smoker is the best Ive ever used. The effect is surprisingly good.

Build quality so far is very good. The factory needs better painters however for a $600 + dollar model. (recruit some Taigen Tiger painters).

If i could do it all over again, Id wait until they improve the finish. Too many flaws now.