Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Walterson's T-72A Info

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Elefant
Exactly, Crius. When, where, how much. ;-)
I'm working on it, I was talking to them this morning actually. Shouldn't be too much longer and I can release some more info. Just waiting on them atm
Old 09-12-2019, 06:50 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

They wait long enough and I will run out of money... Just pre-ordered the Chieftain from Haya last week.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:46 PM
dingobattler

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone know if they'll be progressing on the T-series to T-90? I don't want the HL one, as I have to cut the barrel off to get recoil, but its a sweet looking tank.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:10 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme
They wait long enough and I will run out of money... Just pre-ordered the Chieftain from Haya last week.
That sounds like me. Please show us that Chieftain when it arrives.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:49 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly, Crius. When, where, how much. ;-)
When- Erik said "Summer Release" so in the US, summer ends on September 23 2019, so maybe before then? Or "soon" is always a good answer
Where- Retailers of coarse, where else.
How much- "Depends" on the final options, and what configurations.....

Just joking around here guys, not being serious...
I enjoy reading when new things are being developed, no matter hobby or non hobby products.
Its always fun to see the initial date of the post and then the date it actually hits the market.

"oh it will be worth the wait" lol

Enjoy,
Shad
Old 09-13-2019, 05:36 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by dingobattler
anyone know if they'll be progressing on the T-series to T-90? I don't want the HL one, as I have to cut the barrel off to get recoil, but its a sweet looking tank.
I'll let them announce future plans, I don't work for Waltersons, just a good friend. It makes sense to do one in the future, but that doesn't mean that is will be the next one. They have a lot of talent and access to molds so really now that the hard stuff is done like all the new guts I would think the next tanks will be much faster.
I feel you there, I think that is the same for everything. I'm always waiting on FC, ESC, or some other type of tech to come along. There is a new HD FPV system I've had my eyes on for a bit.... if it wasnt a dynamic frame rate based system I would of jumped on that asap for the tanks. Now I'm waiting on a $200+ transmitter I have almost to little to no info on that is a successor to my current tx. The wait is horrible...
Originally Posted by Shorty54
When- Erik said "Summer Release" so in the US, summer ends on September 23 2019, so maybe before then? Or "soon" is always a good answer
Where- Retailers of coarse, where else.
How much- "Depends" on the final options, and what configurations.....

Just joking around here guys, not being serious...
I enjoy reading when new things are being developed, no matter hobby or non hobby products.
Its always fun to see the initial date of the post and then the date it actually hits the market.
"oh it will be worth the wait" lol

Enjoy,
Shad
This exact reason is why I try not to announce products until they are already shipping across the pond. A single minor issue (which I'll go over when I get the OK) can push back weeks or even months to fix. I've seen it all too much over the years and even US Customs can hold your stuff for weeks/months at a time if they want. Not only that, but if you release your info and can't get it out quick enough someone might come in and snipe you
Old 09-13-2019, 06:21 AM
50koruny

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts

WOW.
Making tracks from the POM (acetal) is great idea.Really great.I think that must be one of the best plastic material for that purpose.
Nylon can be great too, but this POM is the ultimate solution i think.
I dont think i have seen something like this.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:27 AM
tankme

Originally Posted by Panther F
That sounds like me. Please show us that Chieftain when it arrives.
Oh I will, but it will be in Oct some time.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:46 AM
sde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks really nice will check out FB
Old 10-22-2019, 03:26 AM
Elefant

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Any news ?
When I read “the wait is over” on their FB page, I want to laugh...
Old 10-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Imex-Erik

Any news ?
When I read “the wait is over” on their FB page, I want to laugh...
I've added a few new pictures on the site, but nothing new I can share atm Progress is coming along slowly but surely.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:56 AM
afv aficionado

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Hi Erik
Happy new year. Any update on this?

Mal
Old 01-20-2020, 11:39 AM
Imex-Erik

I have one sitting beside me. While I might not be able to answer all your questions I might be able to answer a few. What questions do you have?
Old 01-20-2020, 12:13 PM
afv aficionado

Hi Erik
Was just wondering about where this was at, seemed to just stop? I'm still quite interested in their recoiling airsoft system.

Mal
Old 01-20-2020, 12:27 PM
Elefant

Hi Erik
my only question : when ?
it was supposed to be released in 2017, 2018, summer ‘19...
and today ? What is the schedule ?
thx
The following users liked this post:
DirtyBird69 (02-17-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 02:18 PM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Erik
Was just wondering about where this was at, seemed to just stop? I'm still quite interested in their recoiling airsoft system.

Mal
It is still being worked on. The initial first 100 units are set to start production soon if not already with all the final bugs worked out. What exactly you wondering about? The whole turret system is kinda large, it will be hard to separate it all and retrofit in another if that is what you were thinking.

Hi Erik
my only question : when ?
it was supposed to be released in 2017, 2018, summer ‘19...
and today ? What is the schedule ?
thx
I do not work for Waltersons, I would ask them However it is driving and working just fine and I even was doing some smoke unit testing on it on Friday too (WOW does that thing smoke!). The new TX for it is done as well and the sound cards for it (not compatible with TG sound cards) is working good too. The smoker is compatible with our current systems and has a turbine instead of a piston for smoke. The heating chamber and fan are wired together, though it is easy to separate and wire the heating element and turbine fan.

While I do have one here it doesn't mean I have a retail model to bash so I'm almost in the same boat. It is WAY better to find issues first before releasing and fixing later. Yes delays suck, yes it has been a while, and yes I understand the wait isn't fun either. However a more finished and polished tank is the goal. Tanks just as a whole take forever I've found. I've been in the RC business for almost a decade now and while you can pump out cars, planes, and drones at a crazy pace the tank research time takes longer than production for other RC stuff alone. If they weren't so detailed we could just pump them out but that would defeat the whole purpose.

Besides the release schedule, do you guys have any other questions I might be able to answer?
Old 01-20-2020, 02:31 PM
afv aficionado

Hi Erik
"The whole turret system is kinda large, it will be hard to separate it all and retrofit in another if that is what you were thinking.'' - Yep, that was what I was wondering about, also interested in how it works. Yes, have seen the video, but that doesn't go too far.
While I'm not into smokers per se, that turbine sounds interesting?
Funny you mention that tanks are more complicated than cars & trucks etc - various countries found that out - in spades - during WWII.

Mal
Old 03-04-2020, 11:13 AM
Elefant

So ?
Old 04-29-2020, 02:14 PM
Dreadnaughty

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they going to release this year??
Old 04-29-2020, 02:24 PM
tankme

They are on Covid delay I suppose now. I was just looking at HL T-72s today because I'm tired of waiting on this one.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Elefant

Covid or not Covid, they were way behind their schedule. Probably another vaportank…
Old 04-30-2020, 10:31 AM
Dreadnaughty

It's been 3 years already! It's been delayed for so long, maybe they will keep upgrading the tank to perfection to the point where they won't release it at all.
The following users liked this post:
Elefant (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 10:40 AM
Elefant

Originally Posted by Dreadnaughty
It's been 3 years already! It's been delayed for so long, maybe they will keep upgrading the tank to perfection to the point where they won't release it at all.

It’s a good one.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:45 PM
tankme

They at least made a prototype...unlike other vaperware tanks...
Old 05-01-2020, 07:22 AM
Dreadnaughty

They at least made a prototype...unlike other vaperware tanks...
Prototype or not, we just want an actual product that we can buy! I've been folowing their development since early 2019, now I think it's time to just go with the henglong T-72. It's sad cuz i'm really interested with their recoiling airsoft component

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.