Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen Track stretching

Old 06-03-2019, 08:37 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

All of our tracks do use the knurled track pins currently. However from time to time we do updates on the tracks so this shouldn't be too terrible to fix. However the point Bob makes about the track pins is very important and missed by a bunch. If by chance your track pins have the knurled side towards the inside try and either swap to the other side to have them on the outside or re-pin them to the correct outside placement for that side track. The tracks are agnostic and do not care what side the pin is inserted in the track. Once again if you guys need spares please let me know and I'll take care of you guys

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 06-03-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
All of our tracks do use the knurled track pins currently. However from time to time we do updates on the tracks so this shouldn't be too terrible to fix. However the point Bob makes about the track pins is very important and missed by a bunch. If by chance your track pins have the knurled side towards the inside try and either swap to the other side to have them on the outside or re-pin them to the correct outside placement for that side track. The tracks are agnostic and do not care what side the pin is inserted in the track. Once again if you guys need spares please let me know and I'll take care of you guys
Sorry an unrelated question for you. When are you going to have your black can 390 motors with 3:1 pinions back in stock. I prefer them over the red HL motors, but they have been "out of stock" for months now.

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:25 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsttanks
Sorry an unrelated question for you. When are you going to have your black can 390 motors with 3:1 pinions back in stock. I prefer them over the red HL motors, but they have been "out of stock" for months now.

Thanks.
It's a tank forum, everything is related I've got them on order now actually. Strangely enough the 390 motors for the 3:1 gearboxes sold much quicker than the 4:1 type, I wasn't expecting that and I had to reorder a ton of the other ones. However, I've got a set or two sitting around, send me an email and I'll hook you up with a set ok? Remember guys, it never hurts to ask, I hoard a lot of stuff around here for repairs/replacements so chances are I just might have that part you are looking for. You guys never bother me lol, I may be a bit slow to respond to PMs but emails I try to reply to within 24 business hours max with most of the time being able to respond within a few hours max. I also run our FB account as well so you might be able to get a hold of me quickly there depending after hours (depends on what I'm gaming/building that night) too.

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 06-03-2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 10-28-2019, 12:20 AM
Asoldier4god

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new tank... 3rd time out pins backing out

I got my taigen Sherman last week... I also am having pins backing out. After looking online for maintenance recommendations, unsuccessfully... I was gonna ask erik if it was common or part of the routine maintenance to take these out then check pins and give them a few taps after each use. I ran across this site in the process and noticed he is responding here. (good to know)

Erik I know you are busy but if you could do some basic maintenance videos.. ie what to check, how often to check them, suggestions on cleaning, what to lube and how often it would be very helpful for all of us. Yes I watched all the vids on your youtube channel. Thank you for posting that all those helpful vids.

looking forward to my next purchase.

Last edited by Asoldier4god; 10-28-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:52 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

A dab of CA glue on the end pin will keep them from backing out.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:00 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Yes I have many Taigen shermans and as soon as one or two pins back out, I gently put a drop on each pin on both sides. I was driving this one around and then noticed it. I just pushed it back in with my leatherman and kept driving. When I got home I did the CA on every end connector on both side

Old 10-28-2019, 07:26 AM
pitstain

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Rich,

I know they are binoculars but it's almost lunchtime and for a split second I though "hmmm what sandwich is that commander eating it looks good"
Old 10-28-2019, 11:26 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

lol lol
Old 10-29-2019, 12:19 AM
Asoldier4god

Default Thanks guys

I'll get the ca glue this weekend..thanks guys
Old 11-11-2019, 05:08 AM
Asoldier4god

Default Looks like the ca holds.

Thanks for the advice guys. I was gonna post a pic but alas.. I need to post a few more times.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:44 PM
Andrewjohn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Real tracks

Originally Posted by Tanque
I have a feeling all tracks will stretch with time, probably even full sized ones. The trick is to find an alloy that gives the best of all worlds
strength, hardness, resistance to stretching and still be affordable.

I'm sure rc tank track makers made a price point decision and that isn't changing anytime soon...

jerry
Hello Jerry. I’m new to this , just registered, so bear with me,..
Yes, real tracks stretch , of course they do. “Track bashing “ is a big part of any soldiers life if he is in an armoured squadron. When I was in a signals armoured squadron we used single pin tracks on our 439 signals variant APC. This was a steel track with a rubber pad. The pin was octagonal in cross section and sleeved with a hard plastic sheaf. This hard plastic sleeve took the wear and was better than a metal in metal pivot point. Each track started at 92 links , as I remember, and you replaced the whole thing once you were down to 88. You also replaced the drive teeth. The idler wheel was adjusted by means of a grease pump, you literally pumped the tracks up. Track bashing is a constant job and a tracked armored vehicle will go through many sets of tracks durring it’s service life.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:09 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrewjohn
Hello Jerry. I’m new to this , just registered, so bear with me,..
Yes, real tracks stretch , of course they do. “Track bashing “ is a big part of any soldiers life if he is in an armoured squadron. When I was in a signals armoured squadron we used single pin tracks on our 439 signals variant APC. This was a steel track with a rubber pad. The pin was octagonal in cross section and sleeved with a hard plastic sheaf. This hard plastic sleeve took the wear and was better than a metal in metal pivot point. Each track started at 92 links , as I remember, and you replaced the whole thing once you were down to 88. You also replaced the drive teeth. The idler wheel was adjusted by means of a grease pump, you literally pumped the tracks up. Track bashing is a constant job and a tracked armored vehicle will go through many sets of tracks durring it’s service life.
Great write up, interesting subject matter. Welcome to rcu tanks and Happy New Year. John
Old 01-09-2020, 12:14 AM
Andrewjohn

Default A quick reply to John

I hope you are getting this John. Thank you for wishing me a new year. Sorry for leaving you high and dry on that other thread. I did actually write up an introduction but I managed to get myself temporarily leaving locked out while trying to post some pics. Silly me. I’ll post something tomorrow morning, try to make amends .. I really didn’t mean to make that much of a splash on my first appearance. Seems I left you to take all the flak.. sorry about that.

Last edited by Andrewjohn; 01-09-2020 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Want to add some stuff
Old 01-09-2020, 12:15 AM
Andrewjohn

Default Ten posts

I must make ten posts to use ULR
Old 01-09-2020, 12:16 AM
Andrewjohn

Default This is going to be harder than I thought

This is the fifth
Old 01-09-2020, 12:17 AM
Andrewjohn

Default Now the sixth

I think, not quite sure
Old 01-10-2020, 04:05 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default All OK.

Originally Posted by Andrewjohn
I hope you are getting this John. Thank you for wishing me a new year. Sorry for leaving you high and dry on that other thread. I did actually write up an introduction but I managed to get myself temporarily leaving locked out while trying to post some pics. Silly me. I’ll post something tomorrow morning, try to make amends .. I really didn’t mean to make that much of a splash on my first appearance. Seems I left you to take all the flak.. sorry about that.
Hi Andrewjohn, No problem, funny military oriented humorous stuff you wrote. All is good, they have not banned me just yet! I answered you over at your intro/bio post. Thank you for posting, please note, many doofus’s are into the rc tank hobby, keeps things interesting. John
Old 01-10-2020, 11:54 PM
Andrewjohn

Default I am still trying to download some pics

Am really hoping to be able to do this..