RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Spoiler: not tanks!

Old 07-11-2019, 04:54 PM
Tanque

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Spoiler: not tanks!

Interesting to watch. Some think OUR gatherings are over the top! These guys look serious...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xEbiLF1Uw

Jerry
Old 07-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Pah co chu puk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nice to know we are not the craziest RC folks out there.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Tankhobby

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

SWEET!

I was in Victoria Island, Vancouver about two years ago and there was a miniatures museum. If you ever travel there make sure you stop in, its subject matter varies from railroads, military, fantasy and other interesting subject. BUT the reason I bring this up here is there is a 1/10 or 1/9 scale display of a sawmill, fully functional (but not running anymore because of fire hazard concerns) and you can see videos of it running. I love stuff like this and even if its not tank related it great to share here.

We have a Museum close to me here in Vermont, American Precision Museum. I won't go into detail but one display is a diorama (1/86 maybe) of a large machine shop floor. It was animated with motion but hasn't worked in many years. Maybe in time it will run again.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the video and will try to resist buying another RC vehicle (but one that digs!!!)
Old 07-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Tanque

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Interest in earth moving equipment predates my interest in military equipment by decades. For one thing as I was growing up heavy construction equipment
was all over the place as must of the areas around me as a young kid and teenager where developing communities with platoons of
graders, bulldozers, shovels and earth movers. By the time I discovered RC construction equipment I was well entrenched in armor. But I've never
lost an interest in construction equipment and with the miniature hydraulics and powerful drive systems these things look better and better. Many years ago
now I was one of those who had put a down payment on the Caterpillar licensed 1/8 scale fully functional steel Cat D11N that was to be built by a company named IMC.
Sadly the company went under just as they were supposed to begin delivery of the machines we'd waited nearly 10 years for. I was one of a very fortunate few to get a refund...
Most lost everything.

There are several reputable firms making these things in1/14, 1/16 and even larger scales. Very tempting.

Jerry
Old 07-13-2019, 05:50 AM
Pah co chu puk

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, these days many army's use heavy equipment, so there are lots of opportunities to use that stuff alongside modern tanks in movies. Armored bulldozers and backhoes exist now, and are cool to model. That they can be RC, is a plus.

Look up RC scale firefighting if you want to see crazy RC people. They burn scale buildings for fun.