Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Problem M41A3 Walker Bulldog Heng Long

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Problem M41A3 Walker Bulldog Heng Long

Old 07-17-2019, 09:25 AM
Maverick82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem M41A3 Walker Bulldog Heng Long

Hi Guys,

Hopefully anybody can help me here! I bought a new M41A3 Walker Bulldog tank from Heng Long, but the turret won't go UP and DOWN. It tries to go down, but it falters en doesn't go UP or DOWN. I hear some 'ticking'

Anybody any idea what might be the problem causing this?

Thx in advance for any help !

Last edited by Maverick82; 07-17-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I have a few guesses, hopefully this helps troubleshoot it.
  • Open the turret and see if you can see anything wrong right off the bat. The tanks are pretty simple once you open them and go back together pretty easy too. Before you unplug anything make sure to take a picture!
  • Check to see if there is a spring on the top side of the airsoft unit (it is on top of the airsoft unit between it and the top of the turret) to see if this has fallen off. If so then the turret will not elevate correctly as the spring is required to put tension on the cam gear on the elevation unit. The airsoft unit sits on top of that gear and when the elevation unit moves it will cycle the barrel up and down.
  • Try and hit the stick and get the tank to elevate when you have the turret apart. It might be a bit difficult here to do this but you might be able to physically see the issue when trying to elevate.
  • I know you can't post pictures this early but if you can figure out a way for us to see what you are seeing then I bet you would be surprised at how fast we can diagnose the issue. The tankers here are all pretty seasoned and know a lot.
While I don't work for HL the internals of the earlier HL tanks are similar to TG's tanks and the wiring was similar on that model. If by Monday you haven't figured it out just send me a PM or an email and I'll see what I can do to help ok? Most of the time the fixes are pretty quick and easy for the elevation and airsoft as long as you can solder.