Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Tank problem

Old 08-13-2019, 12:30 PM
308jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Tank problem

Afternoon everyone,

I think I'm putting this in the right spot this time. I didn't earlier, My dad has a Tamiya tank he built from a kit he purchase in Hong Kong some time back a Tiger I think. It runs well and is fun to push around the yard but a problem has developed. It is somehow missing a couple of track links. Don't know where they are or when they disappeared but we are now in need of some replacements. While we're at it we'll probably upgrade some electronics too. Does anyone know where to find parts for these tanks? Anyone have some links lying around? Something? Thanks.

Rick H.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:47 PM
Shark27

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

You can easily get parts for any Tamiya tank at a good price from the AAF tank museum. Here is the link to the parts you want Tiger 1 track links
Steve
Old 08-15-2019, 06:54 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Would this be Tiger E (Tiger 1) or Tiger B (King Tiger)? Can you give us a pic of the internals? Sounds like it's the original, before the DMD/TO system that has sound. If your tank has one motor running both drive sprockets through clutches, it's the original.