Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

User sounds at will!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 12:03 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Default User sounds at will!

Hi, if somebody has interest on it, I fitted user sounds in my tank. I trigger them pressing some push buttons I fitted in the back on the radio, and programming some mixes.

Now is cooler than ever to give platoon orders to the other tanks. It says in german:
Ahead!
Stop!
Left!
Right!
Go back!
Fire!
There is no other option, attack! attack!
For the fatherland!
Hold your fire!
Focus people, look from where the shoots are comming
Better you than us
-Radio chatter.
Horn
Waiting for orders!

And then several music pieces ranging from german marches to classic pieces, or conan the barbarian soundtrack.
Of course is the tank who plays the sounds, not the radio. (I can do it in the radio too, but it is not the point, lol)

Last edited by Rad_Schuhart; 09-13-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:36 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job Rad! I am surprised you have any room left in your radio for all the things you have added!
By far you must have the most highly modded, most functionable radio out there! You have really taken functions to a very high level!
Very impressive

Enjoy
Shad
Old 09-13-2019, 05:47 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Originally Posted by Shorty54
Nice job Rad! I am surprised you have any room left in your radio for all the things you have added!
By far you must have the most highly modded, most functionable radio out there! You have really taken functions to a very high level!
Very impressive

Enjoy
Shad
Thanks for the kind words, Shad.
The radio indeed does have heaps of mods, for mentioning some:
All the switches were replaced with three position swirches
One potentiometer has been replaced with a 6 positions switch.
It has 2 multiprotocol modules, so I have 32 channels, and my radio is compatible with almost any brand of receivers out there, from futaba to frsky.
Taranis gimballs.
The most importand mod, 9xtreme board with erskytx flashed.
Bluetooth connection.
And also I can change the color screen to any color I want, in case I have the need of having a pink screen, lol.

It has some more mods and some other in process, but thanks for pointing it
Old 09-13-2019, 05:51 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad_Schuhart
Thanks for the kind words, Shad.
The radio indeed does have heaps of mods, for mentioning some:
All the switches were replaced with three position swirches
One potentiometer has been replaced with a 6 positions switch.
It has 2 multiprotocol modules, so I have 32 channels, and my radio is compatible with almost any brand of receivers out there, from futaba to frsky.
Taranis gimballs.
The most importand mod, 9xtreme board with erskytx flashed.
Bluetooth connection.
And also I can change the color screen to any color I want, in case I have the need of having a pink screen, lol.

It has some more mods and some other in process, but thanks for pointing it
If I recall, you added "vibration" motors too?
Voice readout??
I remember all the things you were adding when you were helping me flash my radio.
I haven't had any time to mess with mine after I got them both flashed. Maybe this Winter I can get back to it.
I am sure Ill be asking you for more help when the time comes.

Enjoy,
Shad
Old 09-13-2019, 06:17 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Originally Posted by Shorty54
If I recall, you added "vibration" motors too?
Voice readout??
I remember all the things you were adding when you were helping me flash my radio.
I haven't had any time to mess with mine after I got them both flashed. Maybe this Winter I can get back to it.
I am sure Ill be asking you for more help when the time comes.

Enjoy,
Shad
I indeed added vibration motors, so the radio vibrates when I press the cannon button and more options if I want to.
And also it plays sounds or music if I want to.
I also added metal stand offs (so I can open and close the radio infinite times without damaging it)
Speaker
Reverse polarity protection mod. PPM protection mod, and some things more.

The last part of this crazy thing will be a 7 position encoder. And yep, at this very moment I dont think more mods are physically possible and I know no other radio with so many things...

BUT (and there comes the big BUT) I did not reinvent the wheel and I have learnt everything from the open rc guys. They,with their tutorials and patience were an excelent guide for me, and I owe them everything. My radio is just a mixture of all those people mods and knowledge joined in one.

And even most important, all those mods without the unbelievable powerfull software they did, are useless.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:44 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I indeed added vibration motors, so the radio vibrates when I press the cannon button and more options if I want to.
And also it plays sounds or music if I want to.
I also added metal stand offs (so I can open and close the radio infinite times without damaging it)
Speaker
Reverse polarity protection mod. PPM protection mod, and some things more.

The last part of this crazy thing will be a 7 position encoder. And yep, at this very moment I dont think more mods are physically possible and I know no other radio with so many things...

BUT (and there comes the big BUT) I did not reinvent the wheel and I have learnt everything from the open rc guys. They,with their tutorials and patience were an excelent guide for me, and I owe them everything. My radio is just a mixture of all those people mods and knowledge joined in one.

And even most important, all those mods without the unbelievable powerfull software they did, are useless.
I'm waiting for you to get a Tarango I've wanted to build one myself but am waiting for the Tango 2 before I make another big TX purchase. I really like having a screen on my TX but OpenTX is just soooooo nice. Have you seen the Tarango yet? You have to build it but it looks like something you would like for sure.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:56 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
I'm waiting for you to get a Tarango I've wanted to build one myself but am waiting for the Tango 2 before I make another big TX purchase. I really like having a screen on my TX but OpenTX is just soooooo nice. Have you seen the Tarango yet? You have to build it but it looks like something you would like for sure.
Woah, this is the first news I have about the Tarango! It does indeed look very interesting, and that big screen is something I feel I will need in the future at some point!
I have seen some people are installing hall effects gimballs in those Tarangos too. I have never touched them so far. Are they worth it?
Old 09-13-2019, 08:10 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Very cool stuff, Rad. You never cease to amaze me with your programming skills. Just one little thing, though, since they're speaking German, shouldn't they be saying for the Fatherland, instead of for the motherland?
Old 09-13-2019, 08:32 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Originally Posted by Crius
Very cool stuff, Rad. You never cease to amaze me with your programming skills. Just one little thing, though, since they're speaking German, shouldn't they be saying for the Fatherland, instead of for the motherland?
Thanks Crius

Yes, you are right, they do say Fatherland. You now, when translating there are always some things that get lost in translation or reinterpreted. I dont know in english, but in Spanish (my mother tongue) and in russian, it is motherland. In german it is Fatherland. But in english? Please throw me light, lol.

I corrected it in the main post anyway.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:12 AM
Imex-Erik

Woah, this is the first news I have about the Tarango! It does indeed look very interesting, and that big screen is something I feel I will need in the future at some point!
I have seen some people are installing hall effects gimballs in those Tarangos too. I have never touched them so far. Are they worth it?
Yea the Tarango has been around for a year or so, you need to 3d print most of the case for it though. If you need just a screen and minor programming the TBS Tango is great, but the Tango 2 will have OpenTX, just not a FPV receiver & screen built in. TBS says there will be some way to add a screen but it won't come equipped with one so I went ahead and score a Tango 1 real cheap. The hall effect gimbals are a HUGE upgrade over the normal potentiometers. They are butter smooth even after months in the sand here in FL. The X9D has two of them, the M9 and M9R gimbals. The M9 gimbals have the normal 60 degree throws while the M9R will have 45 degree throws. For most people the normals are fine but I like the reduced throw ones. I've had both (I go through gimbals about every 3-6 months) and the M9R is my favorite. The signals sent are much smoother and it can be felt on an aircraft, not so sure about ground vehicles.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:21 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Yea the Tarango has been around for a year or so, you need to 3d print most of the case for it though. If you need just a screen and minor programming the TBS Tango is great, but the Tango 2 will have OpenTX, just not a FPV receiver & screen built in. TBS says there will be some way to add a screen but it won't come equipped with one so I went ahead and score a Tango 1 real cheap. The hall effect gimbals are a HUGE upgrade over the normal potentiometers. They are butter smooth even after months in the sand here in FL. The X9D has two of them, the M9 and M9R gimbals. The M9 gimbals have the normal 60 degree throws while the M9R will have 45 degree throws. For most people the normals are fine but I like the reduced throw ones. I've had both (I go through gimbals about every 3-6 months) and the M9R is my favorite. The signals sent are much smoother and it can be felt on an aircraft, not so sure about ground vehicles.
Hi Erik. I am happy so far with my gimbals, but if I have to replace them at some point, why not to upgrade? Lol.
Do you know if any of those hall gimballs can be fitted with no horrible industrial work in the 9x radio? I tried to find some info but I could not find much. I belive the time of the 9x radios is almost gone...

But it is normal, I have seen tons of new alternatives! I also took another look at the Tarango radios, and definitelly radios are improving quite a lot in no time! And also are affordable! Anyway I still think IF I needed another radio because a massive catastrophic failure of mine (lets say lipo fire), I'd get the jumper T16. I hope they make agreements with the frsky guys at some point.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:43 AM
Imex-Erik

Yea the time of the 9X radios are gone now, the Taranis is the new king. You don't need to install new boards and parts are available from a few different places now. There are a few new Taranis models out this year (2019 models) that add a bunch of new protocol features as well if you are still using 2.4ghz. Works with the multimodules too of course, both the serial and ppm versions. If you need to replace the gimbals then absolutely the hall effect gimbals are probably the best in the game for the price. However I'm pretty sure they are 3.3V so you will need to work that out. There are a few guides online but it might just be a good option to upgrade at once instead of cutting the gimbals up.
I would be super careful on the Jumper thing right now. From what I've been told the internals are a QX7 clone and FRSky is not to happy with the clone. Since they have paid devs on the OpenTX team and they also pay the team as a whole for supported features I highly doubt the OpenTX team can or will support them. Also after looking at the Github it seems they are pretty dead already. Since you have to purchase the 4n1 anyways (it isn't internal) why not just use a X9D/QX7/Xlite? If it were me I would get the X9D and use the Visaton BF32 speaker in it to get a nice sound on it. The print is on thingiverse for it and it is an easy install.