Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

FRAG Battlefield's Final Tour

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

FRAG Battlefield's Final Tour

Old 09-29-2019, 07:03 PM
BcuriousR

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Default FRAG Battlefield's Final Tour

The FRAG Battlefield will be looking for a new home. It has taken 19 years to make it what it is. I've only been a part of it for a few years, but certainly feel the impending loss of our small piece of history, (pun totally intended).

Old 09-29-2019, 07:24 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Wow! That's a bummer. You guys have put a lot of work into that place. It will be hard to mobilize all that. I feel lucky to have battled there, it's like nowhere else.

If the Western Slope Division can help, let us know.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:27 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Do you have any idea where you are going to setup next? I would love to do something here in FL but it is just too hot all the darn time.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:12 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Very sorry to hear this. Lack of a dedicated club area IMHO is a major contributor as to why the clubs established here in the Bay Area never lasted.
I won't go on about it as I've voiced my sentiment about this many times. Suffice it to say finding a home was never a priority for these clubs and the price
is readily seen. In fairness available options are slim here what with wall to wall development and high value real estate but where there's a will...

Anyway I hope you folks quickly find a new home.

Jerry
Old 09-30-2019, 11:48 AM
jjackso5

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So sorry to hear your loosing your battlefield. Hope you can find a new location, rebuild, and continue the great hobby of R/C Tanking. I'm sure this will be a complicated and long process to remove all of your stuff from the sight, store it for some duration of time, then develop a new layout and build up the new location. It appears you have a lot of interested members willing to help and work, that's what it takes as you well know to have a good battle field and retain membership.
Keep us posted on the development and direction the club is going.
We are going to attempt to restart the club we had here in Michigan, but are looking for new/old members to see what we can do.
I'll look forward to seeing your new chapter develop in the coming months, best of luck and thank you for supporting this hobby, R/C Tanking.
Jim
Old 09-30-2019, 12:22 PM
Pah co chu puk

Like nowhere else on Earth...

My Panther "dead" in the center of town

Old 10-05-2019, 08:26 AM
BcuriousR

Thanks all! We do not have plans, yet, about where/if we will rebuild. We are hopeful and are looking. Ideally, we'd be inside with concessions, bathrooms, and air conditioning. Oh, and 1000 more dues paying members
Old 10-07-2019, 03:17 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

You guys and Paul with your battlefield and postings have inspired many to develop the same in their own backyards or sandbox.

Since my intro into the hobby 18 years ago FRAG has always been inspiring, look forward to your new space!
Old 10-08-2019, 09:54 PM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck moving forward. When SCAT lost our first battlefield we were lucky that one of the club founders stepped up and offered his home. That bought us a couple more years. A battlefield is always tough to get, and hold onto. Even Tamiya sold off their US HQ with its RC Track and off-road area where we would run our TAMIYACON battles.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:39 AM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

DAK feels the pain as our first field was a loaner horse property behind a friend's dad house. When he sold to move to a retirement home we were lucky to have a member donate part of his yard to the cause. If some of the elements do need a new home we will do our best to help!
Old 10-16-2019, 08:53 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks to all you gentlemen out there who have posted encouraging words and praise over the years. FRAG has always tried to recreate WWII in miniature both for our enjoyment and yours. We lasted 19 years at the field, which gave us a great opportunity to build an extensive layout (over 50 buildings and more than 1000 trees). Lots and lots of fun! We are now seeking an inside location so that we can be open to the public and operate year round .... as well as not have to set everything up each Battleday..... AND avoid all that leaf and weed cleanup that was required each time. You all should see the pile of tree limbs, weeds, leaves etc that we accumulated..... it’s 10’ deep by 30’ across (filling in a hillside) and hard enough to walk on from all the dirt and gravel bits that were also raked up. We will miss the location certainly, but this does offer us an opportunity to build a better battlefield.... to both promote the hobby and the history of the sacrifice our WWII forefathers made to keep us free today. We owe so much to them. Wish us luck!!! PP
Old 10-28-2019, 07:35 PM
Desertrat99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, out here in LA at the LA RC tank club, we would be interested in some elements of your battlefield if they need a new permanent home. Let me know.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:24 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

It is a very sad news... We wish you guys to be staunch and find the new home...

Is it OK if I share your video?

Last edited by HAL_HUSKER; 11-01-2019 at 03:32 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Pah co chu puk

Originally Posted by HAL_HUSKER
It is a very sad news... We wish you guys to be staunch and find the new home...

Yes, it is OK to share my video.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:36 PM
BcuriousR

Originally Posted by HAL_HUSKER

If you're referring to the 1st video in this thread, yes of course you can share it....spread the word. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:22 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Thought I’d give you all an update. No new location yet, but we have incorporated the organization as a Colorado non-profit and are filing for a 501c3 classification w the IRS. This will allow us to accept tax free donations and secure federal and private grants and and awards. The goal is to raise the necessary funds to open as an Interpretive History museum featuring miniature battle re-enactments and activities honoring American Veterans. This would then provide us w a permanent indoor facility that can be operated much more frequently. All this will take some time and effort, so stay tuned. Any ideas in support of this concept would be appreciated. Thanks much and Merry Christmas to all. PP
Old 12-23-2019, 05:32 PM
Pah co chu puk

Thanks for the update. Please keep us on the western slope in the info loop.