Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Leopard 2A6 works with programmable radio (Plus mix settings)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Leopard 2A6 works with programmable radio (Plus mix settings)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 12:11 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dingobattler
The new finespec and programmable radios are completely dissimilar. The finespec comes with pre-programmed functions, but is completely not programmable, and still falls under the category of non-programmable.
Ok, I understood what our colleague said, I just wast not 100% sure.

Indeed, the finespec is absolutelly non programmable. It is not like comparing a Mustang Cobra with a GT, but a Bugatti Veyron with and onld beetle that lacks two wheels.

Last edited by Rad_Schuhart; 11-12-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:38 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

The transmitter system does not include a receiver or battery. This receiver on order: FrSky R-XSR Ultra SBUS/CPPM D16 16CH Mini Redundancy Receiver 1.5g for RC. And the battery for the transmitter: Tenergy 7.4V Li-ion 18650 2200mAh Rechargeable Battery Module with PCB. Using You Tube initially to guide me for the purchase.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:02 AM
Rad_Schuhart

Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2
The transmitter system does not include a receiver or battery. This receiver on order: FrSky R-XSR Ultra SBUS/CPPM D16 16CH Mini Redundancy Receiver 1.5g for RC. And the battery for the transmitter: Tenergy 7.4V Li-ion 18650 2200mAh Rechargeable Battery Module with PCB. Using You Tube initially to guide me for the purchase.
Oh cool. Well, if you are following some youtube videos, it should be more than Ok. About that receiver, if the guy from the video says it works, Im sure it works, lol. The only thing is, that cool truck came with radio and receiver right? Is that stock radio and receiver SBUS too, or are you planning to replace the electronics of the truck?
Old 11-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Good news, pretty good chance the transmitter will bind to the truck’s toy receiver, we will see. What do you recommend for a receiver?

Not the pro version, but updated to include the newer pro:

Old 11-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Rad_Schuhart

The receivers I use vary quite a lot, depending of the model I am using. Most of my receivers are the turnigy/flysky 8ch. I like them because you can open them and fold the antenna inside, having a compact unit. I never had any range problem with them, but the tanks are usually nearby. I used them in all my tamiya tanks using the spare channels for lights, smoke and some other functions, and also in Elmod boards and so on.

For the Open panzer board I use the smallest frsky receiver I found, which is the Xm. 16 channels in a nail, but also beware, I use those receivers because the open panzer board requires SBUS. Newer clark boards require that too, and this is definitelly the future.

For the warbird a spare flysky. For the small things like the searlight in my watchtower, a cheap turnigy/hobbyking 3ch receiver. For 3 euros you can get one.

If I need more than 8 ppm channels I use the flysky AFHDS 2A with 10 channels, or the Orange spektrum 12 channels.. if I even need more than that, I use two modules in the radio at the same time, so I can use up to 32. You will be able to do it with that jumper too, if needed.

All of them working with the same multiprotocol module, which is amazing.

Yep, you might be able to use your radio and bind it straight with the truck, but it might require some trial-error.
I suggest you to try with a tamiya tank first, learn a bit how to program the radio and then try something else like that truck.

Do you have pics of the truck's electronics?
Old 11-22-2019, 01:32 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I am looking at the FlySky i6X 10 Channel 2.4ghtz. Is this a good rig to use with Tamiya?