Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long Walker Bulldog Taigen Comp.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long Walker Bulldog Taigen Comp.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 06:34 AM
LasvoochTheTiger1Ace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heng Long Walker Bulldog Taigen Comp.

Hey Guys, I was thinking about doing a job for a friend. He has a Heng Long Walker Bulldog and wants taigen v3 parts in it and 4:1 Steel v2 gearboxes with 390 motors. Will it work?
Old 09-01-2020, 09:08 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I have a wee bit of experience with the M41

And this is the same tank with a different hull top

This has a clark TK20, but the V3 electronics will work fine and should be almost completely plug and play. I say almost because I can't think of any soldering that has to be done, but I've been wrong before so now I tend to cover my ...

For the M41 you want the "3:1" gearboxes to maintain scale speed, and even then you'll be just a couple scale mph slow, but close enough to live with. The V3 has pretty good motor controllers so you'll still get good low speed performance while maintaining a scale speed of about 28 to 30 mph, pretty much spot on for a Bulldog out on the highway. Naturally cross country speeds are significantly slower. I recommend the 3:1 H/L black steel ball bearing gearboxes from Imex. Mine already had metal tracks and sprockets, I added those GBs, and I also plan to install metal suspension and roadwheels, but I had to rob two roadwheels for use on the M26 so I need to replace those before proceeding. I just did that same thing to my M26 and they're very similar so if you haven't seen that video you might want to take a look, the procedure for the M41 is very similar. Then there are several fairly easy mods that can greatly improve appearance, like correcting the angle of the periscopes. If you find yourself in need of small parts, like tow hooks and stuff, check with me before you spend money somewhere like aliexpress, I have buckets of spare Bulldog parts, including a complete spare airsoft turret, and maybe even a spare set of periscopes. The guys here will tell you that for stuff like that, stuff that can fit in one of those little padded mailers, I usually just give the stuff away. I'm a big believer in having guys pay it forward to some other poor slob that has yet to show up, but you just know is gonna need tons of help. Kinda like me when I first joined.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:15 AM
Crius

BTW, as far as I know, the 390s are too long for the M41, but I could be wrong about that. And I don't know how it will look on your device, but on my screen both the above videos have a little ad banner across the bottom for other videos from my channel. If i made that happen it wasn't on purpose and I have no idea how I did it, but those videos are from an upcoming project I have yet to post, some cool little improvements to my beloved Tauchpanzer.

Last edited by Crius; 09-01-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:13 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

The 390s will be a very tight fit but it is possible. You must use a High/Low motor type gearbox and the 58mm length shafts for that tank due to the smoke unit mounting between the gearboxes. We have both 3:1 and 4:1 variants for those both. If you have plans to relocate or remove the smoker than you can run the Mid/Low motors but at the same cost you might as well use the High/Low type. I do believe I have some spare parts if you need, just not sure how much and of what. Just hit us up on the Taigen site if you need anything. The new site lets us send you guys invoices and such much easier for special or requested parts versus the old system. If you need just a single part or even international just ask and the team will get on it.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:49 PM
LasvoochTheTiger1Ace

On the subject of the new website, I just wanted to tell you that it is a HUGE improvement over the last one. I like it a lot! You guys did a great job on it.
Old 09-01-2020, 02:46 PM
BcuriousR

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LasvoochTheTiger1Ace
On the subject of the new website, I just wanted to tell you that it is a HUGE improvement over the last one. I like it a lot! You guys did a great job on it.
But where are the kits?...........Ordering a tank by parts is an expensive proposition.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:56 PM
Imex-Erik

Thanks! I actually did it myself. While I'm still working on it the improvement to the backend was the biggest upgrade. There is a lot of stuff we can do now we couldn't before such as rewards, ability to edit orders pre/post, international stuff, and even cheaper shipping options for you guys since we have more granular control over how everything works. I now don't have to send you guys an invoice with a coupon for a few dollar part, I can just send you an invoice by mail with a final charge including shipping and make it simple for you guys. I also do have a bunch more planned in the future too. As a consequence I have stepped back from support a bit but I still do run the department (as well as a few others) so while I may not be the one that answers anymore I'm still around.

Originally Posted by BcuriousR
But where are the kits?...........Ordering a tank by parts is an expensive proposition.
Kits are actually on the site, just not live. They needed a small update plus I'm adding the new Leopard 2A6 kit too. It will be a FULL build just like the T1 kit and will be a piece by piece build with color picture instructions. If you need something please contact on the site, while it may not be live that doesn't mean I don't have it or can't send you an invoice for one. In fact I have a P3 IR and P3 BB kit beside me we have never even listed before so feel free to contact us on the site, we have more staff to help with issues and I'm working to make things easier for you. If you have a request please let me know on the site and I'll do my best to implement it. I did just finish a compatibility list on all TG parts and the tanks, all parts *should* show what they actually do and don't fit. If you see something that doesn't also let me know and I might have a reward for you

Also right now the RCULOVE coupon is current down, but not forever. Just leave us a note in the comments when checking out and I'll make sure you get your gift. Once again please feel free to give me feedback on the site, I can't fix things if I don't know what is wrong and here are the opinions I value the highest.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:38 AM
LasvoochTheTiger1Ace

Talking

Dang Erik, listening to you talk about the new leopard kit makes me want to pick one up! Got to finish the tiger 1 first, then I might go for one of those. I am glad to see that you guys are working on the full build kits with those wonderful instructions that you provide. The tiger 1 was a blast to build and makes me want more tanks kits like it! (and it cost a TON less than buying it rtr) I do have a couple of ideas for later tanks (Skorpion G, M-48/M-60 Patton, and more) that I think you should consider making. But I am glad to hear that the kits are still active!
Old 09-03-2020, 10:21 AM
Imex-Erik

Dang Erik, listening to you talk about the new leopard kit makes me want to pick one up! Got to finish the tiger 1 first, then I might go for one of those. I am glad to see that you guys are working on the full build kits with those wonderful instructions that you provide. The tiger 1 was a blast to build and makes me want more tanks kits like it! (and it cost a TON less than buying it rtr) I do have a couple of ideas for later tanks (Skorpion G, M-48/M-60 Patton, and more) that I think you should consider making. But I am glad to hear that the kits are still active!
Well to be fair the T1 instructions I wrote personally after building the T1 kit a few times over. The Leo kit instructions were done by Torro and as such is a bit lacking compared to the very detailed ones I did for everyone. If I get enough time I might go through and redo it all, but these days I'm pretty slammed with work. It will however be a 3 in 1 kit like the T1 and be able to be built static, airsoft, or in infrared versions. I just put a bunch of airsoft kits together and we got a few scratch and dents to go up for the weekend too.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:59 AM
LasvoochTheTiger1Ace

By any chance would you have any left over bulldog parts you could put up on the website? My brother wants to build one from scratch.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:39 PM
Imex-Erik

By any chance would you have any left over bulldog parts you could put up on the website? My brother wants to build one from scratch.
Hit us up on the site with what you want and I'll have the guys go hunting for you. If it is small enough we can charge you less shipping that way too as we can send customized invoices to your email (also yes PayPal is back too!) so you can pay as you wish or be confident knowing we picked the right parts for you. If it is something like a small piece or two I would hate to charge $8.99 to ship it like we used to if you know what I mean.

On a side note the kits are now up on the site as well as the old Scratch and Dent section. The newsletter hasn't gone out yet but there is a promo this weekend where if you add a kit and a set of V2 gearboxes you get 20% off the gearboxes so if you need them make sure to add them and the site will automatically add the discount for you. Just a heads up the Leopard kit is now live too, ETA on that is the first week of October with the rest of the tanks and trucks. The manual for it can be found on the listing if you want to browse it. I'm also revamping the manuals section now to include a few more details than the last one so please give me a bit to update that page. Otherwise if you don't see something message us and I'll do my best!
Old 09-04-2020, 02:12 PM
Crius

Great job on the website, Bro. Much easier to find stuff and you've got a link to scratch and dent right where it's easy to see. Yeah, scratch and dent is my favorite section, cheap buzzard that I am. If I didn't already have 5 tigers, including an airsoft w/barrel recoil, I'd be on that one you have up right now. That's a brand new turret, right, just unpainted? That's an excellent tank. Mine is still box-stock and I love it just the way it is. With the V3 electronics I have almost everything on my wish list for electronics in an airsoft tank.
Old 01-01-2021, 04:48 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Guys, I was thinking about doing a job for a friend. He has a Heng Long Walker Bulldog and wants taigen v3 parts in it and 4:1 Steel v2 gearboxes with 390 motors. Will it work?
Older thread, but...

If the 390s are the same length or shorter than 480s,then they will fit with the steel 3:1s. To get scale speeds, you may have to play with the pinion sizes. I didn't get very far on my Bulldog. But, here is what I did: M41A3 Bulldog - Mythical USMC Build
Old 01-01-2021, 09:37 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

The 390s are about 5mm longer than the 480 when measured to the end of the motor wire tabs.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:39 AM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme
The 390s are about 5mm longer than the 480 when measured to the end of the motor wire tabs.
Good to know.