Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Forum wont load pictures any more

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Forum wont load pictures any more

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 07:19 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts
Default Forum wont load pictures any more

I dont know whats wrong but on my PC I cannot get the file attachment button to appear under the Current Attachments box after you "Go Advanced"
I run firefox on my pc. I have found that my company issued Ipad seems to be able to use the forum as it used to be with the manage attachments button but for some reason it will not show up at all on my PC.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:14 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I always just upload my photos to imgur and then copy them from there. I used to use photobucket, but I'm sure you guys all remember what happened there.
The following users liked this post:
RichJohnson (01-24-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 01:18 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by RichJohnson
I dont know whats wrong but on my PC I cannot get the file attachment button to appear under the Current Attachments box after you "Go Advanced"
I run firefox on my pc. I have found that my company issued Ipad seems to be able to use the forum as it used to be with the manage attachments button but for some reason it will not show up at all on my PC.
My firefox will do the same but some times it will come up on firefox so if i'm posting pics I will use microsoft edge.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:02 PM
RichJohnson

For the love of Gawd I am going crazy trying to make this forum work.

I first opened Edge and was going to try that but it wanted me to sign in with my email and I didnt want to do that because Im sure it would screw up everything how I have it set up on my pc so I had to finally use the task manger to shut down edge because I couldnt even close the window without signing in.

Then I downloaded chrome and opened it as user 1 and logged into RCU and tried to load up pictures but I got to the upload screen with the cloud image and it was stuck. I was unable to click on the browse my device button or the cancel button, neither worked so I could not even back out of the screen. I had to close the tab out entirely. I tried a few times same result.

Then a friend suggested I sign into the chrome so I figured out how to sign into chrome using my phone account. I then was signed into Chrome and went to RCU and tried to log in.
Now I log in and RCU acknowledges its me signing in and says it is redirecting me but then I wind back up at the login screen and have to log in again.
Its an endless loop of trying to log in and then getting logged right out in Chrome.
All I can say is what the heck is going on, I have no idea what is going on or what to do get logged in on chrome and try to load pictures.
Old 02-19-2024, 12:14 PM
Max-U52

Can't help you with Chrome, but if you upload the pictures to imgur, then you bring up the image, right click on it, click on copy image and then paste it into your forum post. I do that all the time and I never have any problems. I know it's a hassle to upload the photos somewhere else first, but it works really good and never gives me crap. And I don't think imgur will ever pull the same crap that photo bucket did.
Old 02-19-2024, 03:14 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

I just uploaded a pic using Chrome from my home PC a few minutes ago with no issues.
Old 02-19-2024, 08:39 PM
RichJohnson

Ok so I think I figured this out.
After I log in with Chrome it takes be back to the log in screen and it appears that I am not logged in, but I clicked on forums and it took me to the forum header page and showed me logged in with my name etc on the right top side.
Now I just grabbed a photo that was in a handy meme folder and threw it up here to test and see if it works.
But darn, have to switch to Chrome just to use the forum to load pictures because firefox wont display the manage attachments button.

Old 02-22-2024, 06:56 AM
RichJohnson

Im so tired of this damn forum not working for photos.
I don't know if its this forum or my computer but now, again I can't even get Chrome to work to load pictures.
It worked once after I loaded and set up chrome after several tries.

Today I wanted to post a big update to my leopard build thread and I get to the pop up window with the cloud and arrow to upload pictures but I am unable to click on the browse my device button or the cancel button to close the popup window.
This is on Chrome now. WTH. Im giving up..... Im just loosing my **** over this and cant keep it together. Im not good enough at making computers work to figure this out any further and the stress and frustration is just getting my blood pressure up too high.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:37 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

No problem at all with Edge.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:03 AM
Max-U52

I don't know if its this forum or my computer but now, again I can't even get Chrome to work to load pictures.

Today I wanted to post a big update to my leopard build thread and I get to the pop up window with the cloud and arrow to upload pictures but I am unable to click on the browse my device button or the cancel button to close the popup window.
This is on Chrome now. WTH. Im giving up..... Im just loosing my **** over this and cant keep it together. Im not good enough at making computers work to figure this out any further and the stress and frustration is just getting my blood pressure up too high.
One more time. Upload your Photos to imgur, right click on the photo, click on copy image, go back to the forum, click paste, and you're done.

I guess it's time to make another video about this.
Old 02-22-2024, 11:18 AM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm starting to wonder if its a windows 11 security thing and only working with Edge .
Old 02-22-2024, 12:30 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by bowlman
I'm starting to wonder if its a windows 11 security thing and only working with Edge .
I haven't had any issues with Chrome from my home PC. Chrome did prompt me for some new version the other day and I did install it.
Old 02-23-2024, 07:17 AM
RichJohnson

So yesterday I figured out that the malwarebytes browser guard had just been loaded onto chrome since this weekend when I had set up chrome.
So i toggled it off and refreshed the forum and was able to get all the way to loading the picture but I didnt submit the post, so I cant prove I actually got it to work.

Today, I opened chrome, went to the extensions and toggled off the malwarebytes browser guard and opened rcu and for some reason, its not working, just like before.
I get to the upload popup window with the cloud and arrow but I can not click on the blue browse my device button.

I dont understand what is wrong now, I did what I did yesterday when I got it to work but now it wont. This is so frustrating.
Old 02-23-2024, 08:30 AM
RichJohnson

I am now on my brand new Motorola android phone.
I thought I would try this route even though it's tough to use.
I logged in to RCU and then came to this thread
And tried to reply and RCU prompted me to log in again. After backing out and resting and trying a few times I just logged in again when when I wanted to reply and can now reply, but the manage attachments button still does not show up where it should be.

There is something very wrong with this forum and the admin are ignoring it.
I can post on the other rc forum I use without any problems both in my PC with Firefox and from my android which I did the other day as well as the railroad forum I use without issues.
This forum has some bugs in it they need to address.
I wish they would do something about it as this is the primary rc tank forum I post on with all my builds and it's a shame I cannot get attachments to upload.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:11 PM
Max-U52

Have you tried "view full site" on the new phone? I know there are some things you can't do on a phone, you have to open the same button that shows if you have a PM and select "view full site".
Old 02-25-2024, 09:35 AM
RichJohnson

Why wont the people that mange this forum post on this thread and address this problem?