Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long Pershing here, big quality issues. UPDATE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long Pershing here, big quality issues. UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:17 AM
The_Stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heng Long Pershing here, big quality issues. UPDATE

hmm for you guys with your frequency's, buddy of mine has a 40mhz bulldog. lucky bugger has a one of a kind among our collection so he can drive when ever he wants.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hotice17

i bought a 1/16 HL Mark 3 no sound and no smoke, on day four the tank wont move forward , but only when i press the O.K button and move the joystick forward at the same time it work. i cant find what's the problem.

Sounds like the controller.

The batteries don't seem to go in right and sometimes the controller will just go dead then come back on again when you move it.

Push the batterries away from the spring so that they make a good contact at the +ve end.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Hotice17

I already done that. i suspected the controller also. even bought a new batt. when programe to move it works perfectly. [:@] or should i buy a new controller?[&o]
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
HL Pershing Rookie

Hey Folks, I've had an S&S Pershing from Raidentech and like it or not I really can't say anything bad about them or the tank - I almost bought that 1/12th monster that's floating around the web, glad I didn't.
I've had it for about a month now, and I think I've "properly" bashed it.
The only issue's are after opening her up to trim the smoke tubes and clearing out some packing in one of the tubes, smoke was much improved - for a few minutes... it seems the smoke unit is really sensitive to too much smoke juice...
Then the shooter stopped shooting, I blew it out with some compressed air (from a can) it made some really strange noises but started shooting again but alas just dry fires now - I've got a couple of shooters coming from Mato and a pair of smokers as well as an "upped" Bulldog (stern looks from my girl notwithstanding).
From what I've seen on these forums, some of the repairs you might need are relatively minor - one guy just replaced and resoldered all his wires inside and resolved some issue's he was experiencing.

If I want to run my tank, there's no fussin' or fixin', just a charged battery and I'm good to go - don't think I'm just lucky, my luck usually doesn't run that way...

I did get a Venom 3000mah battery as well as an appropriate charger, and I'm getting run times in excess of an hour and a quarter.
The original 1700mah, max's out at around 35 - 45 minutes, looks like I'll be stepping up to the 3300 or 4000mah's. - gotta love that extended run time especially in the "heat of battle" - those squirrels are really giving the tank dirty looks...

Can't read Chinese, but my interpretation of their instructions on the refill, is just several drops of juice (3 - 5ml is too much I think) - way too easy to overfill - at the recommedation on this forum since I have to wait for the new units I'll wait and see if it dries itself out.

I haven't tried it yet, but I've read here somewhere, that there's also a wad of some kind of cotton/batting?? and others have removed it and gotten satisfactory and improved results from the removal - I'll putz with mine after the arrival of the new ones.
Keep checking these forums, they have a wealth of info and advice, and somebody somewhere here has probably had similar issue's to what your experiencing.
This is my first tank and I'm hooked - jones'n for a "battle"... Squirrels don't play fair, they keep running up those damn trees...

Who knows? you may get to like your tank again - don't get discouraged...
Good Luck
Old 04-25-2007, 10:34 PM
SNOWTANK

Speaking of smoke I know I shouldn't do this but I haven't had a problem so far. I top off the smoke units full and I do mean FULL! Other than a little leakage when I turn the tank over to turn it on I have yet to have an issue with the smoke unit not being able to smoke with smoke unit full of the fluid. Maybe just lucky I guess. The tanks are easy to repair I agree and that's what I LIKE about them. Had issues with some of the airsoft firing systems but no big deal going with the IR battle system anyway.
SNOWTANK
HL TIGER1
HL PANTHER
HL PANZER III
HL PERSHING
HL WALKER BULLDOG
WSN T34/85
patiently waiting for the KT
Old 04-26-2007, 07:48 AM
karma99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SNOWTANK

Speaking of smoke I know I shouldn't do this but I haven't had a problem so far. I top off the smoke units full and I do mean FULL! Other than a little leakage when I turn the tank over to turn it on I have yet to have an issue with the smoke unit not being able to smoke with smoke unit full of the fluid.
Hmm, has anyone else tried this? I think we've all always err'ed on the side of "don't overfill it", I've not yet seen from anyone who's filled it to the top before you Snow. I might give that a go.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:50 PM
HL Pershing Rookie

"Fill'er up?", first time I've seen that posted - working up the nerve to give it a shot.
Has anyone heard of burning out the smoker by letting it go dry?

RE: the frequency thingey - after seeing all that on the freq., just checked mine, and the crystal tag say 27.095 (ch. 3).
And this is after I told Raidentech to send 2 different channels since I bought their 2 tank special - much to my dismay they sent both tanks on ch. 3 (yeesh).
So far not a problem, cause the bud that got the other tank hasn't even taken it out of the box (he just teases his nephews - what a waste, tsk, tsk, tsk).
And it looks like the shooter finally to a dump, it makes all the right noises and I even get a "puff" of air but no pellets.
I'm assuming there's a jam internally, I've stopped using the included pellets and started using .20g pellets, first dozen came out with "authority", then nothing.
Since I've got a Bulldog coming I juat might go the IR route - we'll see...

SNOWTANK - I think you've got the luck of the Irish, don't try and figure it out, just be grateful...
Old 11-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Hamstercrusher

Hi folks, Im new to this whole scene so please be gentle I recently (as in two days ago) bought a HL German Panther 1/16, and it worked once for me and died [&o] I charged up the battery hooked everything up and switched her on, loved it!! the smoke, the noise, everything. Fiddled with the controls a bit just to get used to teh general feel of it. Then I turned it off and fileld up the hopper with the BB pellets so I could have a little fun with it. Unfortunantly it hasnt worked since [&o] Ihave retried everything, I even took the BB pellets out in some mad wild bit of hope that for some bizzare reason that was what was wrongbut no avail. There is power in the transmitter as the light comes on, and the headlight on the tank lights up and flashes but the engine wont start up!! It just keeps flashing and doing nothing else, I swear that flashing light is haunting my dreams. Going on past experiences from reading through this thread I have ordered some ew control crystals in the hope that this is all thats causing the problem, anybody suggest any other problems that may be plauging it in case they dont work? Much appreciation in advance folks
Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 AM
swathdiver

Check your wiring, open up the transmitter first and check all the connections, then the tank. It's probably the crystal but check everything anyway. Throw away those factory BBs, they'll ruin your gun and buy some good ones such as Crosman Glo .12g.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:52 AM
ah64

Welcome aboard Hamstercrusher....Sounds like your tank is cursed by a banshee.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 AM
Hamstercrusher

Many thanks folks, yeah friggin banshee gona get a slap when I gets hold of her [:@] Was showin the tank to a mate of mine last night and even without it workin he thought it was the coolest thing ever lol think he gona mess his pants when she is finally running
Old 11-12-2007, 08:34 AM
wackywheelz

ORIGINAL: Hotice17

i bought a 1/16 HL Mark 3 no sound and no smoke, on day four the tank wont move forward , but only when i press the O.K button and move the joystick forward at the same time it work. i cant find what's the problem.

TK01 boards don't like extended run times in heat, or stalling out a lot. I havent had probs with mine, but I dont push them. If where you live has hot weather, and you're running them for a while, I suggest flipping the circuit boards over (aids in cooling) and perhaps adding a small dc fan from a PC (definitely helps cooling)
Old 11-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Hotice17

well in Brunei it can be a little bit hot here. i sold the tank 2 or 3 months ago n bought a S&S Tiger instead [>:] and had no problem with it except for the broken bushing and 2 left fender.[:@]
Old 11-14-2007, 03:55 AM
Hamstercrusher

Still waiting on my control crystals [&o] even tried the technical tap on it but no avail, i should get them in the next day or two, will keep you updated on it.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome aboard Hamstercrusher! How did you come about that user name?

Jeff
Old 11-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Hamstercrusher

ah the name?? lol yeah i use it on other forums as well, to be honest it originally came from my nickname (hamster) years ago. As that was taken Itried to think of something more original that mightnt be taken and came up with Hamstercrusher. No I havent crushed any hamsters...............yet, wait till I get the tank up and running, then we will see
Old 04-23-2008, 05:24 PM
RMSINSD

Just received HL's new Panzer IV F 1. Pretty cool! Everything works, I guess i should be happy.

Anyway, I also have their PzKfw III, with the "programming feature" transmitter, not the sound extras. It wasn't in the manual, at least not in English, but can anyone tell me how the programming works? There are 3 buttons with the following symbols an OK in a broken circle, a diagonal line in a circle, and a wiggly line with numbers under it ...... ? Any help has my thanks in advance..
Old 06-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Happyguy

6-26-08
Hi Ima 7 year old boy who had a Jone 2008 birthday and my dad bought me a Heng Long SnowLeopard tank. After playing with it for aday it went ded. The D&J Hobby Store in Campbell, California, where we bought it, has a policy of not taking back this tank. The store was mean and it look like the store no like to deal with this tank and the holesaler. We lost $120 plus tax. I’m having lousy summer and no fun without a good toy. The store gived us the contat informacion of the holesaler, CIS-Associates.

Carmel Ish Shalom
CIS-Associates
1 El Capitan Ct.
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: 408-314-8460
Fax: 510-764-1787
E-mail:: [email protected]
www.cis-associates.com

So if you have problem with Snow Leopard, you know who to contat

Happyguy
Old 06-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Panzerfaust77

Hi Happyguy

Don't worry, these tanks do break down and fixing them is half the fun! It's a shame the store won't replace it but there's nothing in these tanks which cannot be repaired or replaced. Can you tell us what's wrong with your tank? Its most likely something really simple, like a loose wire. Start another post in this forum and we'll try to help

ORIGINAL: Happyguy

6-26-08
Hi Ima 7 year old boy who had a Jone 2008 birthday and my dad bought me a Heng Long SnowLeopard tank. After playing with it for aday it went ded. The D&J Hobby Store in Campbell, California, where we bought it, has a policy of not taking back this tank. The store was mean and it look like the store no like to deal with this tank and the holesaler. We lost $120 plus tax. I’m having lousy summer and no fun without a good toy. The store gived us the contat informacion of the holesaler, CIS-Associates.

Carmel Ish Shalom
CIS-Associates
1 El Capitan Ct.
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: 408-314-8460
Fax: 510-764-1787
E-mail:: [email protected]
www.cis-associates.com

So if you have problem with Snow Leopard, you know who to contat

Happyguy
Old 06-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Happyguy

Please Post Full Heng Long Snow Leopard Circuit Schematics, especially power supply module.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:49 PM
swathdiver

Did y'all see my post for you? [:-]
Old 06-29-2008, 12:10 PM
RCCOMMAND

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

Did y'all see my post for you? [:-]
Here's the link to James' post of the wiring diagram...

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7672024/tm.htm[/link]
Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Sgt. Rock

Hi,
This is my first post about my first tank so please go easy on me.

Just read hpiguy's long, sad tale about his Pershing and I guess I'm in the same boat. I just bought the smoke and sound Pershing from RC Command. Ran it for about 30 minutes and I was thrilled! Now the left track won't work no matter what I do. I didn't expect wonders but I thought it would work for an hour anyway.

Should I try and send it back? I don't think I can because (during the first five minutes) I already broke of the tow cable with my thumb.... I repair clocks so I'm not afraid in the least to take stuff apart. Could the motor have quit already? Should I get the upgraded controller board everyone talks about?

Any words of encouragement right now would be welcome...[&o]
Old 04-13-2009, 12:02 PM
chinito_03

sgt.rock
try checking the gear's wire that connects to the board.. it might be disconnected... had the same experience with my mrk III from ebay.. but i found out the wires that connect them together were disconnected..
Old 04-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I would contact Bill at RC Command first, see what he has to say and go from there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.