Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

So stay away from Hen Long but Marui is ok?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

So stay away from Hen Long but Marui is ok?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 12:42 AM
smalltime0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So stay away from Hen Long but Marui is ok?

I bought a Hen long tiger 1 tank recently and have had no problems. The only complaint I have about it is that the decorations break easily (the actual hull is sturdy though).
Old 07-24-2006, 07:11 AM
13BT

my old hen long has stopped firing its gun but the other functions are still ok. I dont know if playing in sand caused that or not.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So let's have a list started and make it a sticky for the HL Tanks..

I would love to buy the Tiger Tank since it's priced really good and the scale is awesome...

So what are upgrades for long term durability?

I know the gearbox and tracks are 2 but what else?
can the gun be fixed to fire farther?

Mark
Old 07-24-2006, 12:56 PM
schutzstaffel

the tracks are tougher then i taught, played a lot with my favorite one.
starting to see wear on drive sprockets and tracks ,but it is the circuit board that i had to replace,had no problem with tracks.

you may check all the mods i made to my tiger1 here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4259100/tm.htm
Old 07-25-2006, 02:17 AM
13BT

ive taken my hen long apart and have seen the spring that fires the bullet. It is easily seen but one end is embedded into melted plastic. This piece of plastic is the object that pushes the bullet out. Its not worth upgrading this spring in my opinion.

does anyone have a link to a site that sells marui or hen long tanks at a good price AND wont rip me off on postage?
Old 07-25-2006, 02:58 AM
Templars83

Yes, buy it from Raiden Tech when he gets more in - you will have to call. Mine was shipped quickly and for around 10 dollars. However, there was a coupon you could add (panther was the code word) that saved you 10% off the grand total - which was about $67 shipped - you can't beat that. Their website is showing none available right now though.

Then again, thats for here in the states - not sure what it would be to Australia.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:18 AM
swathdiver

The little spring on the outside pulls the nozzel forward to chamber the round and seal the breech. The main spring inside fires the piston which propels the bb out of the barrel. The guns are glued into the mantlet and this glue often drips down and dries over that spring. Doesn't seem to negatively affect function though. It's the spring inside that's critical to the performance of the gun.

I would contact Murphy at Mato Toys. He might be able to arrange a drop ship or send one directly to you for a decent price. I thought there was someone from Australia that sold them on eBay???
Old 07-26-2006, 04:51 AM
13BT

thanks guys, I havent searched ebay just yet. I need to get paypal verified which i havent gotten around to.

I was actually referring to Raidentech that charges a lot for postage [&o] I ordered a Cen waveshark, hen long M1A1, and a small toy plane. Guess how much to post to Western Australia?

US$111 and just so you know its not a typo, thats one hundred and eleven US dollars [:'(] can you believe that shyte? Ive ordered a lot of stuff at once before and never had to pay anywhere near that much postage.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:58 AM
noddywa

HI...I'm Just wondering if you had found some where in perth where I can get spare parts from
as I have a 1:16 german panther
stanbridges maybe ??
and perth rc hobbies in stirling st
any one else ??
it don't go backwards in a straigh line
PS I'm country south
thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 06:59 PM
50Kaliber

Just thought I'd let you know I just got a HL tiger 1, yes the quality is a bit iffy, the detailing is pretty good, the sound is excellent, I have heard a real tiger (131) fire up and the sound is quite accurate!

Out the bos my RC txer wouldn't work, opened it up looked okay, put it back together and it worked fine and has ever since, no idea what was wrong. Also one of the gearboxes was jammed, the left track wouldn't turn, I opened it all up and found a bit of old plastic swarf (debris) stuck in one of the metal transmission cogs, cleared it out and has worked fine ever since.

In use a few times when the battery is running low weird stuff starts to happen, controls don't respond, machine gun jams on etc. Reset power and alls fine again, a full recharge cures these faults though.

I got mine as a gift, however they are very cheap on ebay and I notice ebay and Mata Toys sell spare parts real cheap. I plan to put as much steel on mine as possible to make it more robust for the garden and also buy another battery as they dont last long. The smoke generator is a bit of a waste of time too, it works but its hard to see the smoke sometimes and uses more battery, luckily u can turn it off.

For the price I would recommend the HL. If i had the money i would of course buy Tamiya or one of these huge steel things from Mark 1 tanks Ltd in the UK

cheers
Fiddy
Old 03-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Harquebus

FYI: this is an old thread and the subject matter of the title is no longer in consensus. Judging by a typical day's posts, you will find that the HL topics predominate. If you do read a lot of the more current threads ('06-'07), the opinion of the HL tanks has grown and matured to a higher level of satisfaction and contentment of ownership.

The newer tanks have an improved smoke generator that has a clear or smoke colored housing and they are reported to operate much more efficiently and quietly. Even then, the older generation of smokers can be improved with a little elbow grease. I like the novelty of the smoke generator anyway and would not want to dispose of it just yet.

If you want to get the best out of these tanks, then a battery upgrade is warranted. There are very high capacity batteries out there, either in Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) or Nicad and offering much longer run times. Run times of three hours are now being reported. I usually get bored after 1 hour...

In any event, these are very exciting days for the "bargain world" 1/16 RC tank hobby, especially in regard to the upcoming releases.

-HARQ
Old 08-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Cannonpen1s

I just got a hen long truck and the quality is really great it even came with a transmiter with a display sceen