Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1/6'th scale tanks

I'm seriously thinking about getting into 1/6'th scale tanks but I notice that there are very few of you here into them. Is there a better place/forum where they are more common.
    If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 1/6'th scale tanks

..if 1/6th scale tank were common, so would the forums..

SFC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You know, big toys for big boys.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think that the problem is that there are so few 1:6 scale tanks within our price range.

I just go t a 1:6 scale Stuart (plastic: $150.00), but I don't know of any others that are for sale for less than a few grand.

If you've got the duckies, check out what these cats have to offer:

http://www.totalmodel.com/military/pages/index_19.shtml

http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/

http://www.armortek.co.uk/productrange.html

http://www.rcarmory.com/

Jason
    \"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.\"
    G. Marx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The only mainstream manufacturer of the 1/6 rc tanks is 21st century toys, ultimate soldier. They only have the Stuart tank in different color schemes as far as I know. There is a Yahoo discussion group that talks about the different modifications and upgrades you can do to these. I own one of them , and are readily available on ebay.
    There are the very high end ones available as well, made of metal etc..but these cost the same as a car or something like that. Plus I have heard more than my share of dissatisfied clients of these "high end" tanks. They do however have many different models to choose from...Tigers etc. A quick google search should point you in the right direction.

cheers
    hazardzone aka losttourist

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys
    this is a special thank you to the guys who helped me get my sons tank up and running SFC from netherlands,icecreamslick from Texas USA guys take a bow you saved christmas with all the help you gave a real credit to to you both i took the tank apart and found nothing loose nor busted so it was`nt that but jason thanks for the pics gave me a intrest i9n joining the boys at play ,SFC spot on with the battery
    GUYS YOURE THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS TO MY COUNTRYMAN TOO WHO GAVE ME HELP TOO KIIITOS !!!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check out the www.rctankcombat.com site. There's an email based forum that you can register for. These guys are very helpful and full of great building ideas. They mostly scratchbuild 1/6th scale RC Combat tanks. They shoot paintballs at each other. I'm going to build a Jagdpanther for combat. Not entirely 1/6th though as the rules for combat participation stipulate a tank of no less than 36" in length.

Cool stuff.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As Mike mentions, RCTankCombat.com is a good site to check out if your interested in building 1:6 scale tanks on a budget. I've built two to date, a T34-85 and a Cromwell, both to 1:6 scale. I need to correct a statement Mike made regarding the 36" length requirement. Our rules state that if you build at a scale other than 1:6 scale the vehicle hull length must be at least 36". If you build at 1:6 scale the vehicle length can be below 36". We call this our three foot rule. This allows conversion of the 1:6 scale GI Joe toys and also allows construction of the larger tanks to a size that is easily manageable.

Steve T.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Steve-- Thanks for the correction. I misread the rules. Some of these tanks can be absolutely massive in these larger scales.

If you haven't checked out the noted site yet you should. It has lots of great tips and techniques for building these behemoths and constructing tracks (which was the most daunting part in my view until going on the site) and lots of cool video clips.

All in all, the best and most helpful site with regards to getting a big shooting tank up and running.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would like to thank you all for your replies in this matter. I have checked out the recommended sites and rctankcombat is more along the lines of what I was looking for, thanks Mike and Steve T. I enjoy scratch-building my models, heck I could probably put one of these together for less than $200 with all of the "junk" that I have laying around here.

To all of the rest of you here thanks, your tanks are all very nice. Having been "playing" with hobbies for many years now, you get what you pay for. Yes, the Tamyia tanks are expensive but they are reliable and built well. So quit complaining about the quality of the H-L and Walmart specials, they are made in China, they ARE going to break. You get what you pay for.

Just my two cents worth.