Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HenLong versus Tamiya Battle System

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HenLong versus Tamiya Battle System

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:07 PM
sownare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HenLong versus Tamiya Battle System

In Ocotober, for about $102.00, a battle system that is compatible with Tamiya is due to be released.

http://www.razyboard.com/system/inde...ge=0#go_243053

If this battle system allows the HenLong tanks to become slower and less maneuverable with each hit, then we've got something here!
Anyone read German?[:@]
Old 08-16-2006, 12:14 PM
sownare

Default RE: HenLong versus Tamiya Battle System

Try this one.

http://www.razyboard.com/system/inde...ge=0#go_243053
Old 08-16-2006, 02:22 PM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Not only Hen Long, but Trumpeter and Hobbyzone or scratch built tanks can use this system!

Can't wait for October!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:26 PM
GD Dave

ooops, already answered
Old 08-16-2006, 08:45 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THIS is a step in the right direction. [sm=thumbup.gif] If Tamiya continues to maintain the same price range for their rc tanks, the invention of a system like this, which will bring real competition to the table (as far as IR war gaming), will really cut into Tamiya's profits. Tamiya tanks are still much better quality, but it is the sophisticated battle that draws many people to tanking clubs. If you can have that same opportunity at a fraction of the cost, many people will forgo the higher quality and more accurate details for cheaper tanks with the same abilities.

Having said that, I will stick with Tamiya for the quality and detail that I have come to expect from my hobby. [8D] If this invention causes Tamiya to re-think prices, all the better for us......actually, me. I don't really care about the rest of you guys.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:13 PM
tesujin

wow thats great news.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Planedev

This is what many of us have been waiting for. It will allow many of my friends(who dun want to spend the buck) to get a tank an ddo battle with us.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:07 PM
tesujin

so who loses out in the end?

ORIGINAL: Planedev

This is what many of us have been waiting for. It will allow many of my friends(who dun want to spend the buck) to get a tank an ddo battle with us.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Planedev

What is there to loose? Its their money and they want to spend it the way they like. i like the more precise sound of my tamiya thus will stick to it, but for ppl whom are not fantics that only want their tanks to be scale(sound and speed) then a trumpeter or even a HL tank is a good introductory tank. If they can live with the inaccurate sound the tank makes, thats their problem rite? If tamiya looses money becoz of this and stops this line completely, though I will be sad, i will live with it.

tesujin, you seem to have a personal vendetta against tamiya, for wadever reason. In the end if the day, making all this noise here isn't going to lower the price they want to sell their tanks and there will be always ppl buying their tanks so, even if you boycott them, it wun mean peanuts to Big T.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:32 PM
tesujin

cool and calm and relax. theres no personal vendetta against tamiya and i have no other motive.

well if you've read some of my post you will know that i own tamiya tanks too.

as for making noise why do you think so. i am just giving my points as to why tamiya should lower their prices in order to compete better and everyone will be happier.

as for what is there to loose, nothing for me, i am just referring to tamiyas lost thats all so dont get so work up.

owning other brand of tanks doesnt mean they are not fanatics, have you seen others who mod their other brand of tanks which can anytime outwit a fully mod tam for a lesser cost?

ORIGINAL: Planedev

What is there to loose? Its their money and they want to spend it the way they like. i like the more precise sound of my tamiya thus will stick to it, but for ppl whom are not fantics that only want their tanks to be scale(sound and speed) then a trumpeter or even a HL tank is a good introductory tank. If they can live with the inaccurate sound the tank makes, thats their problem rite? If tamiya looses money becoz of this and stops this line completely, though I will be sad, i will live with it.

tesujin, you seem to have a personal vendetta against tamiya, for wadever reason. In the end if the day, making all this noise here isn't going to lower the price they want to sell their tanks and there will be always ppl buying their tanks so, even if you boycott them, it wun mean peanuts to Big T.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:35 PM
tesujin

oh by the way, if we all are able to convince tam to lower its price wouldnt you be happy too? unless of course you tell me you dont mind paying back the same price even if tam lowers its price.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:36 PM
TANKDUEL

Oh, you have Tamiya's; my apologies then, I misunderstood this in the current 'hot' thread.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Planedev

I am just refering to my friends, who which we dabble in speed boats, submarines, edf jets and even turbine jet. They are not tank fanatics but they wun mind spend ing $100 on a tank to battle with some of us whom are more fanatics. For example, they dun care if the tiger sounded like a sherman they dun care, just that it can move and fire that is fine for them.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Supreme Reign

Am I correct to assume this system will only work with HL boards and not Tamiya DMDs? It's great news indeed for HL owners. Hopefully, they will use the same IR wavelegnths as Tamiya so that HL tanks can battle Tamiyas.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:57 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Hopefully, they will use the same IR wavelegnths as Tamiya so that HL tanks can battle Tamiyas.
On that note, I think that Tamiya owners might very well have to stand up and take notice when a HL tank is battling with them in the field. As a person with both HL and Tamiya tanks, I can say with confidence that HL tanks have quicker turret rotation than a Sherman or a Pershing. If that extra speed is used by someone with good battling skills, it could result in more hits for the HL.

.....just a point that I have noticed with my own tanks. []

Jason
Old 08-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Planedev

I am looking at getting a system like that to put on a T34 if future funds allow
Old 08-17-2006, 06:53 AM
outcastrc

Great idea, too expensive.

Hopefully HL will see the need and eventually offer a like system at a much lower price. After all it is only a couple wires and circuits. It shouldn't be worth more then the whole tank.

But I do applaud them for doing it.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:02 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Both systems are compatible as mentioned on the forum (I understand some German), basically functions the same as the TBS. Tamiya tanks can battle with HL, Trumpeter or Hobbyzone or other tanks equiped with the EGS system.

Keep in mind this new system is the battlesystem only, so each tank depending on manufacturer will have some differences inputing the system for operation (not exactly plug-n-play) although it looks easily adaptable to any RC tank.

This is a great boon for the hobby, especially for those scratch built vehicles and conversions like the 6th scale Stuart equiped with battlesystems without having to drop 500 dollars for associated electronics too!
Old 08-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Templars83

Anyone have link to an English translation to all this?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:14 PM
James S.

you can try babelfish but it is very basic translation
Old 08-19-2006, 09:42 AM
b.bullfrog

So is anyone in the USA going to carry these? Do you still need the apple too? How about a pre-order?I don't speak German.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Planedev

I think the system comes with their own apple. I am sure some of our english speaking german friends on this forum can help us lias with the makers of this EGS to help us order some when the need arises. Or simply ask for an easy way to order them.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:58 AM
19th Alta Dragoon

Has anyone heard of or seen the SLU which is the Sound & Light unit for HL tiger, Panther, Pershing, Sherman and in addition has a Battle system incorporated in the unit. It is put out by Cking Marketing, here in Canada
Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fireman Tim is importing them, and has them for sale. We had a review here awhile back.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Panther G

No it wont. The quality of the Tamiya vehicles still is far greater than any of the others.
It will just make it easier for those who choose not to pay Tamiya prices the opertunity to play along with the Tamiya tanks. It is there that the quality differences always turn up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.