Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Best tamiya tank prices.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
karel47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best tamiya tank prices.

this is the link to dave4what ebayshop

http://stores.shop.benl.ebay.be/dave4what__W0QQ_armrsZ1

its a power seller, wellknown you have the link go and see
Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would still stick with the AAF, Karen will never stear you wrong.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Pzjgr

He's good to do business with, it's great to have competition I say.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71030.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1421754   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43726.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	1421755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95119.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	1421756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl26044.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1421757  
Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 PM
streetsquid

I don't know guys,

Hard to beat Stella - Got my Tiger I, with metal tracks, a metal barrel, and a Tamiya Battle Unit delivered to my house in Arizona for $560.00. I paid with paypal at 11:00pm on a Sunday night and it was delivered by DHL on Wednesday. Stella Models off of e-bay is pretty top notch in my mind, great prices, and fast shipping!

Squid
Old 04-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Pzjgr

I agree with you on Stella, I bought my very first Tiger I from him way back when. But when I went through AAF and Ebay looking for a KV-1 dave4what had the best deal at the time for me.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 PM
BiggTony

They must be having a dry spell cause they've only the KV1 and KV2.......and the prices aren't at all appealing.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just ordered a KV 2 from AAF tank museum.  730 delivered.  They were hard to beat on the KV2

Old 04-20-2010, 11:54 PM
BiggTony

That's a good price for the Kv2! 
That seller in the Tank classifieds actually has the best prices on the Jagdpanther and the Panther!! I must resist.....I want the Sherman! lol
Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 AM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: streetsquid

I don't know guys,

Hard to beat Stella - Got my Tiger I, with metal tracks, a metal barrel, and a Tamiya Battle Unit delivered to my house in Arizona for $560.00. I paid with paypal at 11:00pm on a Sunday night and it was delivered by DHL on Wednesday. Stella Models off of e-bay is pretty top notch in my mind, great prices, and fast shipping!

Squid
That seems like nice price. Where did you find the metal tracks on the stella site? Ore did you just mail them and asked for a nice price combo deal ?

I had a look at the king tiger in my LHS and it was a wopping 1650 $, same price tag on the sherman, and the tiger a bit less, around 1400$

No wonder the tank community in Norway is small.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:05 AM
RSEA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pzjgr & Jeff489 - You guys have a KV-1 and KV-2 now!! What is the world coming to?? Two principal DAK Axis guys with KV tanks now..

By May 22nd, I guess it is just going to be Squid and I against EVERYONE else at the DAK field! A tale of two Tigers against the world.. It will be like early May 1945.

It was I, that was suppose to be the DAK KV commander, now I have no other choice but to destroy Jeff and Duane at our next battle (or die trying). But, of course, not until I have heard all those sweet diesel engine sounds emitting from their speaker boxes first

You better watch your KVs guys when I'm around.. I might accidentally pick one of yours up and take it home with me instead of my Tiger
Old 04-21-2010, 02:24 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

RSEA, it was coincidental that we got these at the same time. I was as surprised as Pzjr to find out that we were getting the KV 2 and KV 1. I hope to have it done by the May battle. Got some projects in front of it though. Still, I'm going to try...

With all the new Soviet armor, maybe the next battleday could be "Operation Barbarossa" so that we may begin the Great Patriotic War.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:21 AM
streetsquid

sollie,
I did not have to ask for any special combo or pricing from Stella. I saw the Tiger advertised on e-bay, and it was sold as a package deal that included the metal barrel and metal tracks. They also had Tamiya battle unit listed on another e-bay auction, and both auction said they would combine shipping for mutiple purchases. I just sent an e-mail requesting the 2 items be sent together, and they replied with a total for both items shipped. I paid using paypal

Please let me also clarify that was not a recent purchase but several years ago!

Squid

PS Believe me I know how fortunate I was to find that deal, and I know I won't find it again!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Pzjgr

Your right Jeff, Ethan should make our May battle "Operation Barbarossa". I also should be done with my KV-1 by next battle, haven't started yet I'm waiting for bearings to arrive (per Jeff's suggestion). Ethan, you and me could even have a May Parade Day, with a pass in review to intimidate our enemies. And I'll be keeping a sharp eye on you RSEA to make sure you don't "accidentally" pick up the wrong tank and take home with you.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:33 PM
BiggTony

This is the lowest place I can find a Sherman... $496.25 shipped to my location. Not sure if I want to deal with the overseas waiting when that time comes....but it's a savings nonetheless.http://www.rcstation.com/eshop/produ...roducts_id=984
Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
dyeager535
My Feedback: (1)

Not sure if I'm missing something or not, but the Sherman being sold at the tank museum ( http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/RC%20Tank%20Kits.htm ) is $490 SHIPPED.

Even if it were a reasonable amount more than another retailer, I'd be happy knowing that the proceeds of the sale were going to something worthwhile.

Not a shill for them, just been contemplating a purchase, and consistently they are the lowest in price, or very near. Coupled with the support they show the hobby, I think it would a great place to spend your money.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
edoubleaz

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Best deals I used to get were from ModelStation in San Fran. I haven't bought a new kit in over two years, my last builds have been from assorted parts or refurbs.

As per DAK... We are still observing the time line so our Next event will be "BLITZKREIG" Get your panzer IIIs and Matildas ready.... Next June will be Barbarossa and will will really play that theme up. I should have my T-34s redone by then!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:42 PM
BiggTony

Hmmmmm, then their shipping calculator is on the fritz.
When I've entered my zip (32548) the price I get is..............$520. But I've always been unsure if entering you zip is optional....even though it asks again when going to paypal. As I've said, not sure I want to deal with overseas waiting.
I hate to sound un-compassionate, unpatriotic, and non-supportive........but why is it that we must considernobilityfirst to make purchases that suits the bestinterestto us as a consumer andhobbyist? I don't disagree that it goes to a good cause and that some of the deals are decent.......but that shouldn't and doesn't mean the search is over and all proceeds to enjoy this hobby should always be considered to be filtered there first.
Same goes for supporting US dealers first........It all boils down to competition. That's the nature of business. Anyone who disagrees.....I wonder how often you shop at Walmart or a big department store over you local stores that have been hanging by a thread? Nuff said.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:54 PM
dyeager535

I just clicked on "Add to cart" and it told me shipping was $15 on top of the $475 price. You are right...if you update it with your actual zip, the shipping price goes up to $45. I suppose you could call, I believe Karen is the person at the museum who handles this stuff. If you wanted to risk it, I assume you could just leave it without updating your zip, and see if you get an email saying shipping cost is wrong.

You don't have any obligation to buy anything based on what other people think. My point wasn't the fact that you should spend extra money so you can feel good about where it's going, rather that yes, you MIGHT spend more (again in this case, based on their shipping) but you are dealing with a vendor that has SHOWN they care about their customers, and that you will get good support from them. On the plus side, to go along with the good support you will likely receive, the proceeds will go to the museum. WHATEVER the "extra" money goes towards, you are guaranteed to be buying from a solid vendor.

If you are paying a for-profit vendor the same price, there is no difference, except you aren't supporting a museum, you are supporting their livelihood. They need money too, no question.

I will certainly "shop around", but with many things, at some point the cost savings typically result in more hassle on your part....kind of like buying a Heng Long instead of a Tamiya.

Not intending to start a conflict here, sorry it's gone off track a bit.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:03 PM
BiggTony

NO, NO! No conflict here. I was just merely making a comment so I hope this doesn't start some patriotic war if someone decides to chime in.[]
I wholeheartedly agree with what your saying and that was my intention from the beginning until I decided to see if there were other reasonable vendors about. I've been dying to get a Tamiya Sherman.......and I don't know why since I've been pretty opposed to the smaller tanks. I think it has something to do with the fact that I feel weird about having a HL nazi tank and no US one, lol. The HL KV-1 helps though, lol. Plus, I really want a Tamiya.
It's just I've read and been recommended that quite often and I've never experienced this in my previous heli hobby and such. It's just been eating at me to say it.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:20 PM
dyeager535

Much of it probably has to do with how "niche" the RC tank world is. Within that niche, quality vendors among the relatively few vendors out there overall, are a good commodity to have. Especially when it comes to the Tamiya tanks. At least online, it doesn't seem to me that there is much competition among Tamiya vendors, within the same price range AAF sells their stuff for.

I could be blind, but when looking at Tamiya vendors, I looked at AAF last, because I expected their prices to be ridiculous, yet it was the exact opposite.

Pretty easy to find tanks at a much higher price than there, but when I know someone reputable has them, and cheaper to boot, I'm going with cheaper.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:37 AM
rareplastic

ORIGINAL: karel47

this is the link to dave4what ebayshop

http://stores.shop.benl.ebay.be/dave4what__W0QQ_armrsZ1

its a power seller, wellknown you have the link go and see

Thanks for thereferral Karel47!
After a long absence in the R/C tank business I have been able to sell Tamiya tanks at good pricing once again. I am a Top-Rated Power Seller on Ebay and am also working on getting my new website up and running. My previous website was Dave4what.com which has not been active for years. My new website is Rareplastic.com and will be active by the end of June. In the meantime you can see my auctions for R/C tanks on Ebay under the username Dave4what. If you want to get tanks from me even cheaper, I can be reached on my cell phone at (313) 505-2877. I can save you an average of an additional $20-$35 off Ebay prices for not having to pay the ever-rising costs of Ebay seller fees. Currently, paymentscan be made by Paypal or Western Union Money Order.
Thanks,
Dave Haddad
Old 05-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Hi Dave, good to see you back at it. I bought several tank kits from you years back and I'll have nothing but good
things to say about those transactions. I enjoyed chatting with you back then and would do again.

Jerry
Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

I got my static Porsche KT from him its almost done as a rc version now at the time he was the only one who had one now there poping up on ebay all the time .

Jimmy
Old 05-26-2010, 11:42 AM
karel47

He guy's Dave4what is now a ebayshop you easily can track him on ebay just take the name on search
Old 05-26-2010, 01:44 PM
metalhead1986

My Leo arrived from dave4what yesterday. It was a couple dollars cheaper than AAF and not a special order. That sealed it for me. The inner box was in the outer box backwards, but everything else was perfect. Should I ever finish the Leo (I am intimidated) and want another tank (can you say Pershing), I will definitely look up dave first.

Here's a big thumbs up for dave4what.

Thanks again Dave. Feedeback is coming ASAP.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.