Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

hobby website

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Aslvrfrost98csvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobby website

http://www.bananahobby.com/rc-toys-rc-tanks.html i just went to this site because so far they are the only place that has the s&s tiger or any S&S for that matter. i just wanted to know if anybody has done business with them before and what their experiance was.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:48 PM
DAP

Default RE: hobby website

Ive never done business with them but looking at the web site I see a 15% restock fee. Thats a turn off. There is no address that I can find but the phone # is local for me. I may try to find if they have a store.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:51 PM
James S.

Mato has S&S
http://www.matotoys.com/canada/

They also have a good rep for fixing problems if given a chance.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Kabul Tanker

I have dealt with MATO on a number of occassions... and I have to say they are one of teh BEST businesses I have EVER dealt with.... RC or not.

KT
Old 01-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mato has a nice selection of S&S tanks, and I believe all of them come with metal gearbox.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:35 PM
ah64

I have heard of them but never used them myself. All you can do it try.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted just the basic S&S tank, as it comes from the factory with no upgrades installed. That way I can decide which upgrades I want/need and I also saved money that way. The upgraded tanks (metal gearsets) from Mato are nice and they have a lot of incentives for buyers and good customer suport. Shipping to my location from Canada was just a little too prohibitive so I ordered from a company similar to Bananahobby called ZHobby. That was my first HL tank and I didn't want to risk too much $$ on the HL gamble, at least initially.

They too have a similar return policy: Returns of product, other than for exchange or replacement, are subject to a 15% return fee. Which I think is fair enough. The only way I would have returned my tank was for exchange or replacement so I was not concerned over this (I was committed to getting a HL tank ).

Mato Toys has a return/restocking fee of 20%.

Don't be afraid of trying another vendor. I had a 110% experience with ZHobby. They were very quick to respond via email and sent out a replacement part free of charge and in great haste.

-Harq

Old 02-25-2007, 10:15 PM
noddywa

HI...Being in australia we get a little behind in some things..at the moment we have only the non S&S versions of these HL tanks that I can find and not much else..the 1:12 tanks are now in the market
Are we here in Oz going to catch up sometime..would like also to get one of the massive 1:8's but can't find anyone so far who would ship to australia ..I know it would probably cost a months wages or more but willing to pay reasonable shipping fees
anyone know ??
thanks
Old 03-10-2007, 11:31 AM
MatchSticks

Hi

I know this is probably already too late, but just as an update as to where to get S&S tanks in Aus. The pics show only the non S&S version, but reading the details they reckon it is S&S. I'll let you guys decide; this is mainly just a reference as to where one could purchase HengLong tanks in Australia. The hobby store is located in Newcastle. However, biggest size I can see is the 1/16 scale tanks that they carry.

[link=http://www.frontlinehobbies.com.au/Shop/productList.aspx?subCat=R/CVEH&catName=R/C%20Tanks,%20Motorbikes,%20Road%20Trucks]www.frontlinehobbies.com.au[/link]
Old 03-30-2007, 03:30 PM
LOWDOWNDIRTYRAT1

Yep, I have purchased from BananaHobby, the motor failed at first test, they had me return the defective parts via mail ..and I have yet to get anything back. Good luck getting them to respond to calls or e-mails.. Personally, I'd look elsewhere. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:37 PM
shadopilot

ORIGINAL: noddywa

HI...Being in australia we get a little behind in some things..at the moment we have only the non S&S versions of these HL tanks that I can find and not much else..the 1:12 tanks are now in the market
Are we here in Oz going to catch up sometime..would like also to get one of the massive 1:8's but can't find anyone so far who would ship to australia ..I know it would probably cost a months wages or more but willing to pay reasonable shipping fees
anyone know ??
thanks
Behind?? You guys have the crazy Aussie who has the 1/2 scale DRIVABLE Sherman!! He will even help you build one!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:46 PM
shadopilot

ORIGINAL: noddywa

anyone know ??
thanks
PM sent on shipping.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:17 AM
jerryboy111

ORIGINAL: LOWDOWNDIRTYRAT1

Yep, I have purchased from BananaHobby, the motor failed at first test, they had me return the defective parts via mail ..and I have yet to get anything back. Good luck getting them to respond to calls or e-mails.. Personally, I'd look elsewhere. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.
Hi sir

I bought a 3d aerobatic helicopter plus parts from bananahobby for well over $400 and they sent me a pile of junks that do not work. they will not pick up their phone calls and ignore all my emails. i kno they are somewhere near los angeles so I can drive to their store. can you give me their physical address so i can drive up there to return this pile of garbage. help! i'm out $400

someone please post their address here

thanks