Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RC Tank F.A.Q.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 07:05 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Yes, there are several different types of low voltage alarms on the market, some of them that show the voltage of each cell and some of them that just give you Red Light Green Light, kind of like go, no-go. You can get them from HobbyKing anywhere from about $3 up to about $10. Just go to Hobby King and look for low-voltage alarm, LVA for short.
The following users liked this post:
Ghost@amps1 (04-28-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 06:02 AM
Ghost@amps1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crius
Yes, there are several different types of low voltage alarms on the market, some of them that show the voltage of each cell and some of them that just give you Red Light Green Light, kind of like go, no-go. You can get them from HobbyKing anywhere from about $3 up to about $10. Just go to Hobby King and look for low-voltage alarm, LVA for short.
Thanks for the info. They do have a good selection.
Old 04-28-2022, 03:31 PM
Ghost@amps1

Originally Posted by Richard L.
Not all battery packs will fit Heng Long battery compartment. The stock battery pack is around 5 1/8" or 130mm long, so when looking for a replacement, look for one that has a similar length.
I found this out the hard way lol. I bought two RC RoardingTop Lipo batts and neither my HL Tiger I or Sherman would take them so I bought two others that do fit, and have to sell the other two, if I can. Whoops measure measure measure!
Oh yeah and add extra room for the wires and plugs please
Old 04-28-2022, 03:39 PM
Ghost@amps1

Are they metal or plastic?
Old 04-29-2022, 01:49 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghost@amps1
I found this out the hard way lol. I bought two RC RoardingTop Lipo batts and neither my HL Tiger I or Sherman would take them so I bought two others that do fit, and have to sell the other two, if I can. Whoops measure measure measure!
Oh yeah and add extra room for the wires and plugs please
Instead of trying to sell the batteries, I think you should buy a couple of tanks that have enough room in there to hold the new batteries.
Old 04-30-2022, 10:21 AM
Ghost@amps1

Smile

Originally Posted by Crius
Instead of trying to sell the batteries, I think you should buy a couple of tanks that have enough room in there to hold the new batteries.
Ha ha believe me, I've thought about it
Old 06-09-2022, 11:39 PM
Biasphere1

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Can the Sabertooth 2x12/25/35 etc run on SBUS or PPM ?
The single connection output types to the Sabertooth.
Can a PPM TGY-iA6BV2RX or any PPM RX use on channel 1(PPM/CH1) PPM output and still use the other output channels 2 to 6 for the RX below to power servo's ?
Any help appreciated.
Click image for larger version

Name:	107646.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2271849
Old 06-11-2022, 01:35 PM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

In regards to the Sabertooth question, you can try and ask Dimension Engineering who make the Sabertooth ESCs:
https://www.dimensionengineering.com/
Old 06-11-2022, 10:20 PM
Biasphere1

I have zipped off an email to them already just thought somebody might know .
Some TCB's with a Serial Port 2 can drive the Sabertooth but the 2 I know of Open Panzer and the ASP boards aren't available anymore.
I'm going thru IBU,CLARK,Elmod and others to see if they have the Serial Port 2 output.
Thank you .
PS I found a shop that will have a solution.
This or some version of this will let me through a Y lead go straight to the Sabertooth and on the other side of the Y lead convert PWM to IBUS/SBUS thru a system like this to go to a IBUS/SBUS TCB. .
https://www.flyingtech.co.uk//electr...fc-pixhawk-apm

Last edited by Biasphere1; 06-11-2022 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-03-2022, 12:59 AM
Shagnifico

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pah co chu puk
Yes, those 2000 mAh batteries only run a heavy tank for a few minutes. I run 4500 or 5000 mAh most of the time and it gives me well over an hour of run time. Some folks use lithium ion batteries to get more run time with less weight / bulk, but those batteries have special needs to prevent fires. Start a thread in the main tank forum and you will get more responses to your questions.

OOPS, correction, it's the LiPo batteries that have issues with fire, not Lithium ion.

Welcome aboard.
Lithium ion batteries are considered potentially more dangerous than LiPo batteries because Lion batteries use liquid electrolyte.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:37 PM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Talking about battery and battery charging. I thought I would put my two cents in from experience. I've had NiMH batteries sizzle in a charger (luckily I was in the room) burned my fingers as I pulled them out of the charger. An Alkaline 9V battery blew up that was on my shelf of "dead" batteries. I found something weird on the floor and after some detective work found out it was the internals of the 9 V battery. Fortunately no bad experiences with all my Lipos but I'm always present when they charge and they are stored in those special cases that are supposed to be safe if they ignite (I have my doubts about there safety). I also use a quality charger and charge on metal shelves in case something gets really hot.
The following users liked this post:
Ghost@amps1 (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 05:55 AM
Biasphere1

I saw a scale tank machine gun with a flashing LED and a little smoke after a lot of firing , I now can't find that WEB again can anyone point me in that direction please ?
Old 04-02-2024, 11:13 PM
Azhuonyk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question, recently the tank control board got burned, but before I get a new control, can any one be used or do I have to get a new tank board too?
Old 04-03-2024, 01:16 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

It depends on the brand. Have you got a photo of the board that burned? If you have an HL board, then you have to replace it with the same brand, and if you have a taigen or torro board, you have to replace that with the same. With taigen/torro you'll have to rebind the tx - rx. And you can always go with a different brand or an after market board but then you need to replace both the board and the transmitter. Again, a photo of what you have now would be very helpful.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:56 AM
Azhuonyk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it won't let me upload the images/link to something from 10 posts, but the plate that burned was the one on the receiver, it no longer turns on or gives or receives a signal, and both the receiver and the plate on the vehicle are HL 7.0