Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

YOUR AGE, WHAT TANKS YOU OWN, AND....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

YOUR AGE, WHAT TANKS YOU OWN, AND....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: YOUR AGE, WHAT TANKS YOU OWN, AND....

Wow - is it really 3 years since I originally posted in this thread? [X(]

Name: Still 'Martin' (or 'Mart' - just don't call me 'Marty' *shudders*)
Age: nearly 37 (and still in denial about growing up..!)
Occupation: Senior Engineer (I gots promotified - Yay!) for a major automotive powertrain consultancy.

Screen Name: Probably should be Re_Pat_Tanker now that I have moved back to the UK...

Tanks: Still too many...

Panzer III's: Ausf L sPzAbt 502 winter (DBC), Ausf N sPzAbt 501 Tunisia (DBC), Su-76i (Modellino kit, DBCRC2), Ausf L 3rd SS Pz Gren Div Kursk, Ausf F (Imperial Modelbau Kit), Ausf H, Stug IIID and Stug IIIF (Profiline)

T34's: Green T34/85 (DBCRC2) White T35/85 (getting reworked to a M1943 76mm version), White T34 with Modellino's M1942 76mm turret (DBRC2), SU-85 (Imperial Modelbau kit, no electronics at present), SU-122 (scratch build using an SU85 kit as a base)

Tiger I's: (All HL/Motorro) Winter sPzAbt 502 (converting to Tamiya electronics), Tunisia camo sPzAbt 501 (DBCRC2), Kursk 3rd SS Pz Gren Div (DBCRC2), 101st sSSPzBtn Normandy (El-Mod)

King Tiger's: Matorro KT sPzAbt 505 (still not finished the paint 3 years later! converting to Tamiya Electronics). Matorro KT sPzAbt 503 Normandy (Tam Porsche turret, El-Mod)

Panzer IV's: SturmPanzer IV (Modellino kit, DBCRC2), PzIV ausf H 12th SSPzDiv (Modellino gun and mantlet, DBCRC2), JagdPanzerIV (v) L/70 (Modellino, DBCRC2) Pz IV F2 (Modellino mantlet and gun, DBCRC2), In Progress: Kugelblitz (Modellino), JagdPanzer IV L/48

Pershing's: HL Pershing with RCC 3:1 Steel gearboxes, T81 tracks and Tam electronics (chassis still stuck in Michigan somewhere [:@]) HL Pershing converted to a M45 (DBCRC2)

1 M41 - 480 motors, RCC steel 3:1 gears and Tam Pershing Electronics.

1 Matorro Sturmtiger (El-mod)

1 Pantiger - Still in its box and un-loved - tho I quite fancy going down the route that Hal took, and make a 'what if' version...

M16 half tracks - 1 stock waiting for El-Mod electronics, 1 converted to an M3A1 troop carrier (also doubles as the 'Combat Camera' truck )

Shermans: 1 Tamiya M4 converted to M4A3E8, M4A3 105 (Tam top / Mato chassis, Tamiya Electronics). In Progress M4A3 75(w), M4A3 76(w), M51.

KV's: SU-152 (El-Mod / Asiatam), KV-2A (HL / Juwa, Tam electronics), KV-85 (Profiline / Asiatam chassis, in progress)

Panther: Profiline Panther D kit waiting for a donor chassis...
Old 07-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Well, I don’t have completed as many as Ex_Pat_Tanker has but my collection has grown significantly since this thread was created.

It includes 3 Profiline conversion kits, 5 Tamiya kits, 3 turret kits, a Stug IV conversion kit, all 3 Kubelwagon kits and a JUWA kit for a KV-85 which will be modified into a KV-122 tank. The parts include a metal muzzle brake from Frank, late wheels from DT, Tamiya electronics, recoil, battle system all going on a HL KV-1 tank. Metal upgrades to follow later.

Trying right now to finish up the A3 I've been struggling on for the past year so I can return to the Tamiya Late Panther G that was started many moons ago. The Panther will have the steel wheel at the last station and all round metal wheels and metal tracks. The bolt detail was a deal breaker to say the least and pushed this project to the sideline.

I’d say the past 2 years has been a lesson learned in mankind as well as some lucky survival being pushed to the limit. Didn't think 4 or 5 months ago I was ever going to walk again due to a thyroid condition that prompted surgery. Being in a wheel chair for 4 months to do everything sucked. Working is out of the question.

I still haven’t fully recovered ... that is from the surgery. Trusting mankind will never again be repeated.

- Jeff
Old 10-14-2011, 09:26 AM
dlobmwm3
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 39 and my experience in military started when I was young like most of you. My grandfather was a high ranking official in the Republic of China Army and would always tell me stories. My intrigue into tanks was about 7 yrs of age, when I got a metal diecast. Recently within the last 2 yrs, my son saw a Billboard for the Tank Museum in Greensboro, NC and we decided to go in Spring of 2010. Since then he has been intrigued with the military and what better way to spend Father - Son time than to battle tanks?

We now have a Tamiya Sherman, Tamiya Tiger 1 (sold), Tamiya Panther G, and Tamiya Leopard 2A6. Have only been in the RC Tanks for less than two years. We always look forward to battling at the Tank Museum in Danville.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:06 AM
TeTris MoNk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my screen name is TeTris MoNk. Yes the caps are random and I got the name (or came up with it) with being known as the quieter type. As well, Tetris has to be the first game I've ever played, and as life goes on everything fits into together kind of like the game itself. (Deep right?)

I'm 18 on the 21st

In the garage: M41 Walker Bulldog with an SLU in shipment. (soon to be on it.)

I started this hobby as I'm extremely interested in the military, not in depth like alot of members here but enough that I know some stuff. Ialso play airsoft alot as its cheaper then paintball. So I wanted a tank that shoots airsoft and now the rest is history.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:32 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

1 Rivetcounter mon âge 45 mon nom vient du premier Tigre 1 j'ai construit avec l'Aber PE le kit tous mes amis m'ont appelĂ© un comptoir de Rivet de lĂ* le nom

2, My tanks
1/6 Tiger I, 1/6 Scwimmwagen, 1/6 Willys Jeep 1/6 other build to be announced

3, Ik heb altijd al geïnteresseerd in wwii panzers en de geschiedenis in het algemeen, als "I ’ m gefascineerd in de manier waarop deze panzers gaan dat zijn de twee belangrijkste redenen voor mijn belangstelling.

I’m English by the grace of god but have lived in Belgium my beloved second home and now Germany, god only knows where the next location is just so long as they sell Leffe I will be a happy man.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:44 PM
FreakyDude

Freakydude 46 used it in the saying wow that is freaky dude, lol, my mid teens years were in the hallucinagenic era
IJust have a Tiger in RC but at one time or another I basicly built every tank available in 1/35th scale, always seem to go back to german WWII models though
Always loved the power and the idea of not being able to stop a tank.
it was you tube that got me looking for a tank then I was at a flea market and scooped up the Tiger I have. Been thinking lately that I need that nice metal one Mato has now.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:09 PM
dash69

I am Davd Brown age is 62 Retired from rail road, I have 1 Tiger 1 being modified, A Bulldog, runing well because I have never tried to modify it. 1 Pz3, I Stug 3 being modified, 1 Elmod eqipped KV-1 being modified.

Be well
Old 10-15-2011, 03:46 AM
Glen B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I turned 59 this summer, how'd that happen

I am an Engineering Technologist for a petroleum exploration/production company, coming up on my 35 year anniversery with the ourfit.

I have done some modeling off and on since I was in grade school and read some history.

Started into r/c tanks at the end of the summer of 2010 and got my first airbrush in the fall

I am a member of the Can Am RC Tank Club (enjoying that a lot). my "specialty is WWII east front panzers.

Tanks to date, in order of purchase;

HL Panther G, airsoft, HG Div. Poland 1944

HL Panzer IV, airsoft, GD Russia 1942

HL Stug III F8, DBC, Stug Abt 210, sourhtern Russia spring 1943

HL Tiger I, airsoft w/3:1's, Abt 506 (next project to convert to SLU and refinish as Abt 503)

HL Jagdpanther, airsoft, 9th SS, Hungary 1945 (my Christmas 2010 present)

HL Tiger I, SLU w/3:1's, Das Reich

HL King Tiger, currently being worked on, SLU w/3:1's, Abt 503, Hungary, Oct./Nov. 1944 (I know the one in the historic photo is a production turret version)

- Next?..........likely a Panther G, unit to be decided.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wt59238.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	3.87 MB
ID:	1674554   Click image for larger version

Name:	ca83002.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	1674555   Click image for larger version

Name:	ol31579.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	4.55 MB