Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Elmod?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Elmod?

I am new to tanks. I have always been into RC Airplanes and here recently my son got into tanks so I bought him a HL Tiger 1 S&S. I liked it so I bought a HL M26 S&S. I just coldnt spend the money on a tamiya right now so decided to wait on that. I like to tinker on things so this looks like it will be a great winter hobby since I am a cropduster I have extra time in the winter, but anyways I saw the elmod modules and thought about getting them for the tiger one. Has anyone installed these how are they, and are the sounds authentic?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Elmod?

authentic?...elmod pwnz the t*miy* all day...elmod is the best stuff you can buy w/ money right now...they turn a toy tank into a "think tank"
    elmod is light years ahead of the dmd...apples & oranges mang!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have read a couple comments on elmod stuff being a problem with static or interference, and the mods should be insulated. Have you had any such problems? I'm just interested in smoother running and response.
    HL M-26, M-46, M-41B, T-34/85, IDF M-51 (2)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Never had this kind of problems. My ElMod Tiger runs smooth and in a realistic manner. Plastic gears, plastic tracks and have never break a link or a tooth...
    Not cheap, but it's worth every cent!

Regards
    Jose
    Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with axe.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My only issue with my El Mod equipped Jagdpanther has nothing to do with the El Mod electronics, but has to do with the weight of my
    Jagdpanther HL conversion.

The El Mod Booster unit (motor ESCs) can only put out 5amps to the motors, as my Jagdpanther conversion weighs in at a modest 9.5 to 10lbs it's
    too much weight for the Booster to handle.

Ok what this means is this in a close quarters fight with a Tamiya tank, my Jagdpanther can't turn on soft ground.
    My Jagdpanther also has problems doing any kind of climbing of hills.

I have contacted El Mod via email and was assured that the problem is known and that a upgrade is in the works.

Now the reason thet my Jagdpanther is so very heavy is that the Mato Panther wheels add alot ot weight to the chassis then
    add the metal tracks and gearboxes their ya go!

It is still a really cool setup and I will aqcuire another ElMod set soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv63794.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	178.7 KB 
ID:	763332  
    DBC/DBQ 39th Terran Lancers, Dinochrome Brigade
    \"Stand and be Judged\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I Like the EI MOD system, but have only converted one tank. I have another package ready, but so far I haven't bothered. I don't have the sound sytem, but I have heard and it sounds pretty decent.

I found that my tank powered out as well. My Tiger is heavy with metal track and dual batteries. I found that I missed having that boost of power when I needed it!!!!

As a side note Darkith and his DBC circuit, kind of does some of the same stuff the EL MOD does at a fraction of the cost. Firing rate and momentum are features that come with DBC.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The sound is really cool, I get a kick out of the manual startup.
    DBC/DBQ 39th Terran Lancers, Dinochrome Brigade
    \"Stand and be Judged\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi i have just installed everything el mod sell in my HL tiger 1, along with a futaba 6ex 2.4ghz TR,and like your jagdpanther it is heavy, it ways in at just under 11lbs,its had the best of everything thrown at it, metal tracks, wheels, hatches, mudflaps,gearboxes,and more besides,all from germany, the quality and detail is far,far superior to mato,the point i am trying to make is the only thing that lets it down is the battery, not very much capacity,it turns well on any surface goes up hills and it does what tanks do, albeit for only 15mins,(will be buying decent batteries soon)so, i cant see why you think the el mod stuff cant give enough grunt,mine has had no problems in that department,something you might want to consider is putting a 9.6v battery pack in it, the sort you find in the T34(i have a T34)it does make it go better, and will not burn out the electronics, el mod modules can take up to 12v safely,as soon as money allows i will be doing the same with my other 2 tanks, a T34,and a HL pantiger, like you i am converting it to a jagdpanther, nice job on yours by the way. the pictures i uploaded were taken before the el mod conversion, but they show the detail of the parts from germany, hope you like the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt58807.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	763517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us54175.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	763518   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Da83178.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	763519   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh14561.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	763520  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info looks like I will be upgrading to ELmod. Just wondering where did you get the modules? I went to their site and it said all that was accepted was a check/money order. I would like to pay with my credit card is there any other place to buy the elmod modules?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, this is tiger205s missus. Talk to Thomas, who runs the Elmod site, hes a very helpful guy. All our stuff came direct from the Elmod site and we paid via paypal which of course you can link direct to your credit card anyway, but you will need to talk to Thomas and prearrange paypal with him, as paypal made a bit of a cockup with their usual paypal address, so the option to pay via paypal has been removed from the main site until further notice. I cant recommend them highly enough, their after sales help and advice is second to none. The email address is thkusch@web.de. I thought Id post this info for you as a 'tank widow' I usually deal with the financial side of things here, but hey, if you cant beat 'em and all that.

ps, the tank sounds fantastic now