Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Go Buy Some NEW Tanks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:04 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Go Buy Some NEW Tanks!!!

Fantastic detail, I want one! Make it two!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Affe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my latest project, I have been working on it for about 6 months now. I will post more pictures of it later. By the way can anyone see what tank it is????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44779.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	798152  
Old 11-06-2007, 09:59 AM
fv432
Banned

wouldn't be the "s"tank by any chance
Old 11-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Affe

Yes it is. I wanted it so bad I just had to build one
Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 AM
fv432
Banned

don't forget to keep us updated and plenty of pics[8D][8D][8D]
will it have the body raise lower to aim the gun feature ?????
and what scale
Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 AM
gww

ORIGINAL: Affe

Yes it is. I wanted it so bad I just had to build one
..... and I suppose you can all the details you want off the one in the front yard of the army museum in Stockholm. Fascinating tank!
Geoff
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

The 'S' Tank. Reminds me of that old Triumph car commercial about the TR7 ...

... "The shape of things to come".

Jeff
Old 11-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Affe

It is 1:16 scale and it willl be able to raise and lower the gun just like the real tank, I will use leopard 2 tracks wich was not too different from the tracks used on the strv-103c. I used to live just outside stockholm and it was just 30 minutes travel to to the army museum, but now i live in northern sweden. So i have to wait untill my next visit in stockolm before i can see the real S-tank again.

More pics vill be added soon

/Anders
Old 11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Panther F

It is 1:16 scale and it willl be able to raise and lower the gun just like the real tank
Can't wait to see that!

Jeff
Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

It is 1:16 scale and it willl be able to raise and lower the gun just like the real tank,

/Anders

What plans do you have for the suspension?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Affe

I have my homemade suspension plans, I have made a 2D model of the suspension out of hard paper and small nails [8D]. It was only to test my idea, it worked fine and i hope the real will to.

/Anders
Old 11-10-2007, 01:17 PM
pattoncommander

Final installment....Japanese Type 97 Shinhoto Chi Ha is now manned and ready for invasion of the Chinese mainland. A one pronged attack with center on the HL factory and convert the factory into making early Shermans, Churchills, Centurians, PZ 38T and Japanese medium tanks and type 95 tankettes.

Had a problem on the test drive....the left track came off, but figured it was the super loose track.[] Put it back and a few seconds later I had problems turning left.....Sprocket was spinning but not catching the track. [X(]Brought it in and checked and for a few blocks the teeth would mesh OK, but then allignment problems. [:-]I put on the original plastic sprocket and everything is OK. Seem there a hair too much distance (a blonde one) between the teeth. [>:]Don't know how long this plastic sprocket will last, although I don't run them that much. OK, is this a normal problem? Is it fixable, or would the plastic sprocket do OK if I don't do much running? I could go back to the original tracks, but would probably loose the sloppy, loose Japanese" dead" track effect. [&o]

Name:	Om33133.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	800712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20510.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	237.7 KB
ID:	800713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71376.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	800714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga77272.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	290.1 KB
ID:	800715  
Old 11-10-2007, 01:22 PM
hdbeast

That's some very cool tank work, PC, looks Great, paint and mods, nice job.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 11-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Panther F

Very nice and creative Bill!

Jeff
Old 11-10-2007, 03:21 PM
BIGMIG

Wase'nt that one of the big problems on one or two of the japanese model tanks,throwing tracks.They had problems trying to keep proper tension on them,even tried to correct this problem but without much success.Was not a tank guy but have had a fair amount of experience with cats and a few track excavators.Lose tracks cause a lot of unwanted wear and problems down the road.On model tanks no big deal,but real life it relates to lost time and lots of money repairing for improper maintinance. BIGMIG
Old 11-10-2007, 11:39 PM
pattoncommander

Pattonrocked;, the projection at the turret rear is a machine gun....and they didn't have a coax....not a cool idea, but the type 97 was Japans most effective WW II tank and the 47mm gun could take out a Sherman at 500 yds. [:@]The gun could also be traversed a few degrees left or right without moving the turret. Great idea since they didn't have power traverse.

Thanks everyone for a compliments..this one took a lot of work, and although lost movement of the gun, it still runs OK.

On that split loader's hatch...may look cool, but those hatches caused a of of lost fingers. [:@]They had a very nasty pinch area as they closed together. [&o] Plus, when open, they got in the way of vision and blocked movement of the cal 50. The hatch was on a swivel ring and the cal 50 could be positioned, but there was no ideal place for it, as no matter where it was, it was in the way. The travel lock was at the opposit side of the ring and did a great job of blocking entry/exit and just opening and closing the hatch. [] The loader didn't need a hatch that big and the oval model was a great improvement and open, it provided a very neat seat, hanging over the side of the turret. Most productive change was when they moved the Cal 50 to mount on the gunners periscope shield on the M-46 and some M-26A1's.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:42 PM
HVI

Thought I would take your advice, between moving job, house and continent I picked up a new Tiger - a 1/6th late production model. Weighs in at approx 40kg, has two whapping great 300watt electric motors and runs on 12v 10Amp motorcycle battery.

Picture attached. In front is my 4year old sons 1/35 KT. Amazing how dexterous such a small boy can be with the RC. In between is my current project scratch building an 1/16th Tiger using the HL as a template. Barrel, chassis, suspension, super structure, were done before I moved house - only had time this week to pick up the tools again and get back into it. Hardest part was making a turret race - ended up making a thrust bearing using the top of a porridge tin, some plastic sheet and very small ballbearings. Not sure how I will make the engine louvres may cheat and use the HL ones so I can move onto my 1/6th. Wasting far too much time thinking about all the little bits to make and attach.

The big tiger came as a rolling chassis with turret rotation, gun elevation and sound system. I have fitted RC (Grupner 7 channel) and speakers along with some power control switches. My budget didn't stretch to recoil or smoke generators perhaps if I speak nicely to Mrs Santa.......

Name:	Bz78419.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	818604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33606.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	818605  
Old 12-04-2007, 04:48 PM
fv432
Banned

looks good hvi bet you cant wait to get that 1/16 tiger finished now
Old 12-04-2007, 06:29 PM
HVI

Just happy to get the dolls house out of the way - I hate painting rooms no matter how small.

Still got a lot to do with the 1/16th. A whole turret and then the internal mechanism - recoil in favour of BB, smoke pot sound etc etc.

Regards H