Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

speaking of HL boards

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 05:42 PM
blitzkrieg65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: speaking of HL boards

ORIGINAL: Gustof Wind

Yes -s&s

Gust of wind, did you order the board already, I could save you a few bucks on shipping and i could install a heat sinf for you for about the extra cost of shipping from Canada?

http://www.rctankwars.com/imagine.php

The Blitz[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 03-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Gustof Wind

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

reply to blitzkrieg65
A friend has ordered two and if it fires up I'll add larger heatsink and already have the boards inverted with room to put the top back on (which I don't recall any one mentioning) and I'll add a fan, otherwise it's history!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:50 PM
swathdiver

One of the newest posts at RC-Panzerkettan forum, english side, one of our fellow Brits showed me what they did to upgrade his boards.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:52 PM
blitzkrieg65

reply to blitzkrieg65
A friend has ordered two and if it fires up I'll add larger heatsink and already have the boards inverted with room to put the top back on (which I don't recall any one mentioning) and I'll add a fan, otherwise it's history!
Excellent, you might want to check the gear box while you in there for any loose screws in the cross bars that hold your gear box together if you haven[t don that already! You know, it frustrated me on my first tank, and i even sent it back, then the next tank I got had a different problem! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Thats when the search began on how to fix and tighten up the sloppy workmanship, and spotty Quality control! Also I abused the heck out of mine, so I wanted it to be somewhat ruggedized! And one day somone said, "ya its a tank, just like the real thing they breakdown and you have to work on them" For some reason that made complete sense to me and I have dove in head first ever since!

The Blitz
Old 03-30-2008, 07:58 PM
swathdiver

ORIGINAL: blitzkrieg65
And one day somone said, "ya its a tank, just like the real thing they breakdown and you have to work on them" For some reason that made complete sense to me and I have dove in head first ever since!
Probably me!

When you think that way these tanks will never let you down! And if one doesn't start up to show off to your friends, grab the other one. You do...
Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 AM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

ORIGINAL: blitzkrieg65
And one day somone said, "ya its a tank, just like the real thing they breakdown and you have to work on them" For some reason that made complete sense to me and I have dove in head first ever since!
Probably me!

When you think that way these tanks will never let you down! And if one doesn't start up to show off to your friends, grab the other one. You do...
James, I think your right is probably was you! [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 03-31-2008, 07:41 AM
Gustof Wind

reply to blitz
Grab the other one? duh-if you bought a defective blender, would you go out and buy another one???? geeze!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:30 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

reply to blitz
Grab the other one? duh-if you bought a defective blender, would you go out and buy another one???? geeze!

It all boils down to the attitude of the purchaser, and the blender market!!!!!!!

Judging from the demand for the Heng long products, I think they must have captured the "fair value" component somewhere in their business model. Are they perfect... No Are they going to appeal to everyone..............No. Will they sell enough to maintain the business endeavour..........apparently

Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 AM
wackywheelz

Most definitely

Without HL, the 1/16 RC market would have remained for the elite, extremely-focused and well-off. Now anyone can grab one, try out the hobby, then buy more. If they dont like it, sell on and wow no money lost. As you can see by the majority though, we buy one, then another.... eventually the whole set... then doubles
Old 03-31-2008, 10:20 AM
blitzkrieg65

reply to blitz

Hey Gustof Wind, I believe it was swath who said grab another one and he was referring too, you will have more then one and when you go to show if off to your friends your favorite one won't work! It has happened to me, but it happens to Tamiyas, they are tanks! I was talking about the first one I bought I sent it back and received a brand new one in return it was my first tank, and like I said I think the smoker or something did not work as good as the first one that just died on me! And I think another thing that you are missing here is a lot of us maybe 60 percent just guessing are over 40! That means when we were growing up we dreamed of having an RC tank with all of theses function and few more! There is a thread floating around out here in the Universe that tells the story of how some of us got into the Hobby! Mine is kind of long but it is true, it was basically I need RC equipment to make an assault on a fellow Marines house who has some big dogs in the yard!
The basic chassis is a canvas for those that are super modelers, and for us that want to beef then up and make them climb a 45-degree hills instead of 30 degrees and join in on the occasional IR Battle they are great! I even started a business around it, so you won't see many winners here, we all eventually get them to run likes champs! I just can't stop there though, then I have to cross a river or something and break it again![&:] How I look at it is,, OK, how can I get it to cross that river, [sm=idea.gif]not OH I better not cross that river![:-] What if another division of fellow tankers need us, and the shortest rout to engage the enemy is hitting the water, or they are going to die, my Brigade must be able to cross-rivers, at least in the Terrain that I will be battling on[sm=punching.gif]! Keep us posted

The Blitz[sm=shades_smile.gif]

RCTankWars.com
Old 03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
lanierrl

HLs are my crack cocaine!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:09 AM
tawney

Update: mail man dropped off replacement boards, put in new board, more things wrong with new board than the one that it was replacing. It had so many poor solder joints that it wouldnt even power up when switched on. Hen long must not have any quality control what so ever, just slap it together send it out the door. Junk to fix junk.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Planedev

Oh boy, I smell smoke
Old 04-03-2008, 05:52 AM
wackywheelz

It'd be nice if all retailers took it upon themselves to inspect and not send suspect boards out, Hobby Havoc here in Aus makes sure every board that goes out the door is in top shape - a little bit of effort saves a whole lot of heartache (emails, parts back and forth in the mail) in the end
Old 04-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Planedev

So far the 2 boards I got from Mato works well. Would like to know where you got yours from.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:09 AM
tawney

boards came from mato, I dont think it is their fault, they were packed well and arrived in good condition.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 PM
tawney

News flash update: installed board no.2 and now it all works like it is supposed to. 50% fail rate on new boards
Old 04-04-2008, 07:06 AM
wackywheelz

50% failure rate on YOUR new boards
Old 04-05-2008, 01:14 AM
ole
My Feedback: (4)

So from reading this thread and thinking about getting a tank, there are no RC tank modelers in this thread that know anything about circuit boards, or have too much money to care. $20 board to fix a $0.15 burnt out chip. Doesn't sound right.

Someone posted that they have engineered out the problems. Please share. On a brand new tank, before you turn it on, what should you do to make sure it lasts longer than 10 minutes.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:19 AM
wackywheelz

Usually nothing. I have a Pershing here that just keeps going and going (RX14), same with my Tiger (RX14 and metal gearboxes). None of my current runners even use fans. Adding fans etc just guarantees longterm running
Old 05-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Dietrich747

Gasp! too many doubts, I'm still taking my chances. hope raidentech doesn't sell lemons. in a few weeks or so the mail will arrive and i shall see what i have gotten. so.... check the solder joints first and all the parts before testing then I'll add the rest of what you guys recommend

heatsinks eh? I'm still kinda on vacation mode here. Philippines GMT+08:00, summer seasons bout to end. so just one question, where do i get the power for the cooling fan from? i got spare heatsinks, their pointy... i stepped on one by accident recently...
Old 05-30-2008, 08:06 PM
MyRcFun

- Eh? what did I tell you, eh?

- Now look, Oddball. The trade for the 1/72 scale models I can understand. But to buy this tank, you got to be crazy!

- It's a mother beautiful tank!

- It's a piece of junk! The smoke system leaks all over the place, and the main board is actually smoking! It's a piece of junk!

- Always with the negative waves, Moriarty. Always with the negative waves!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34150.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	960418