Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

BK1125 Bronkater "Tank Ship" Armored Gunboat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

BK1125 Bronkater "Tank Ship" Armored Gunboat

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:22 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BK1125 Bronkater "Tank Ship" Armored Gunboat

Herrmill:

37.5 inches is too big? Thats what a 50' LCM-3 runs at in 1/16 scale.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:49 AM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

No, I just don't have any plans to build anything larger than 1/25 scale since I already have one with 2 others pending including a 3m long Type VIIc/41.

The fleet can't get any larger at this point.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:09 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Herrmill:

I have finally gotten the LCM-3 plans scanned. Has all the frames, and the side view too. Scan is at 400DPI, and printed at 200% it would be exactly 37.5 inches long. I'm trying to clean up the 'dirty' scan (original was far from a clean b/w copy) but I have it in *.tif, *.bmp, *.jpg and could save it in any format Corel 7 can handle.

I plan to use the Italeri 1/35 kit as a building aid, as its better than the Trumpeter in scale, and probably 'fudge' the width enough to get as many other tanks inside it besides the Sherman.

If I had the dinero, I'd buy the KMB hull, but I don't have that kinda cash to blow on JUST a hull. If that was a wood kit, w/ motor, drive-shafts, prop, and cast detailing, I'd buy in a second. I don't mind building up to save $.

As for size, I've only got one bigger, the Dumas 52" 'American Enterprise' drill rig tender, and intend to have an alternate deck for 1/16 accessory use. I'm also thinking of getting the Dumas Dauntless kit as well... many places have it now at $140, and with a balsa planked, epoxy coated hull, it would FLY. Looks a lot like the SS Minnow... shame I can't find a scale Skipper & Gilligan... and mebbe Ginger sunning on the front deck.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:54 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks. I'll be in contact regarding the plan set.

Regarding the BK1125, I've been told that discussions are almost complete for a kit to be produced in the States, & that a kit may come with several weapon options.
Old 10-06-2022, 11:46 PM
momos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello herrmill,
sorry but my english is not that good. I'm from Germany and already a bit older (70). Some times ago I had the idea to build a Russian armored cutter. I came across this forum on the www and your post. Very interesting and I'm always popping in and "stealing" ideas for my project. I build my ship as a standing model. I don't get along with the electrics/electronics, as I said, I'm a bit older and that's enough for me. Great build report !

Many greetings !

Dietmar
The following users liked this post:
herrmill (02-23-2023)