Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Challenger III.???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Mr Terminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger III.???

I dot know if any of you guys have come across this but its certainly interesting reading and insight...[link=http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Rifts/Rifts-Pre-Rifts-Vehicles/British/British_Challenger_Mk_III_MBT.htm]Challenger 3[/link]

Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Challenger III.???

Man, we're looking at Star Wars tanks. [X(]I've been in a Challenger and was very impressed, but this one is beyond comprehension. So is the price. Bad enough that a set of tracks for the abrams cost 1 Mil and the Army wants to get ride of it as too expensive, but the cost of some of these systems will have a hard time getting through the polititians watching the money. [&:]
Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Mr Terminator

Would be cool to see plasma weapons and lasers on a proposed Abrams M1A5 and Leopard III.The insight the guy who wrote this has is very easy to envisage,I thought i'd had one too many painkillers when I read the dates and of the German goverment and revolutions and stuff.Even down to he dimensions and how the weaponry works and how the tanks are propelled and fuelled is awesome.Nuclear powered tanks hey,with an unlimited range for 5 years.Bring em on I say....
Old 05-20-2008, 08:59 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Not too far from the truth at least in the R&D arena. Rheinmetal (and others) are looking into the railgun technology and many of the anti-missle systems i.e. T95 already in limited use and testing.

The fusion/nuclear powerplants would be the major challenge for another generation.

The Rift game is great for its technical merit.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:20 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will second that motion of refueling.. Anyone who has even had to refuel a tank in winter at night, with 5 gallon cans (230 gals) or wrestled a couple 55 gal drums onto the back deck and direct gas into a 2 inch filler neck with no provision for air escape, would be eternally greatful for any fuel pod or nuke system. [:'(][&o] RC tank "vets" missed all the fun.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:55 AM
arhumphreys

Well , I for one dont relish whats coming in new tanks. Picture an army of robotic tanks intelligently but heartlessly pounding you into dust . Now picture trying to surrender to a robot tank? I dont think so!!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:01 AM
dragon245

refuelled a Challenger 2 with 20 litre "jerry Cans" in similar conditions -Nuke fuel sounds good to me