Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Sud Texas Armor Kompanie Award Presentation

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Sud Texas Armor Kompanie Award Presentation

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sud Texas Armor Kompanie Award Presentation

Ok ladies and gentlemen,

Drum roll....

This past weekend we had our TEXAS ARMOR BATTLEDAY at our new 6500 sq ft Battlefield... which we have been constructing at Bomberfield....

Within our great club is a German Armor Division called the South Texas PanzerKompanie (yahoo group is here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SouthTexasPanzerKompanie/ )

The Axis/German division of our Club is led by
Mike Maloney "moonshadow"
Oberbefalshaber der SudTexas PanzerKompanie

During our Club Meeting Moonshadow passed out new Battle Pins, Awards and Medals... Check out some of those authentic Uniforms and the great order... GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!!

Here are some photos of the ceremony... I am sure Mike Maloney the Oberbefalshaber will be with us soon to explain!

Until September... WE HOPE TO SEE ALL YOU TANKERS from the EAST Coast to The West coast for our 2nd Annual EPIC BATTLE WEEKEND! http://www.texasarmor.com/meetings.html

CHEERS!

-TOMAS
"nemesis4u"
www.texasarmor.com
www.bomberfieldusa.com
www.vqwarbirds.com

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98912.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	958564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14204.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	958565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29273.jpg
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	958566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dw65143.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	958567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep85617.jpg
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	958568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pg63059.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	958569  
Old 05-28-2008, 04:45 AM
pcomm1

Default RE: Sud Texas Armor Kompanie Award Presentation

Jabo Breaking News: Nitro Powered Scale Model P-47 visits kraut award ceremony.

Name:	Tr51948.jpg
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	958688  
Old 05-28-2008, 05:58 AM
steenv

he he, you guy's really do have fun

cheers
Steen
Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 AM
moonshadow5739

Yes, we just like to have fun. The Sud Texas Panzer Kompanie is a collection of all German tankers within the Texas Armor Assc. , whereby we study and employ German armor tactics, use radio communication, and as you can see by the pics, we have an award system where each member can be awarded the Iron Cross 1st & 2nd class, Panzer Assault badge and so on. The use of uniforms as seen is not really needed, but a basic tan/khaki "dickies" brand shirt with insignia ads a bit of kameradship amongst us.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:00 AM
steenv

I agree I actually will try to implement a award system in our team also. Do you make the awards by your selves or shop them on the net? We have battleday June 15, and I will make the introduction of the award system there [8D]

In terms of clothing, we just have khaki stuff and caps with a panzer logo, and/or t-shirts and jeans if we forget to bring the other stuff

cheers
Steen
Old 05-29-2008, 08:39 AM
pzrwest

Looks like I'm not the only nut here that wears german uniforms when running my tanks lol. Some may think it's a bit over he top but just all done in fun.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:49 AM
blitzkrieg65

I am a little concerned about the discipline of the line up, that lack of bearing will show on the battle field....

the Blitz[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 05-29-2008, 11:25 AM
pcomm1

90 days on the "grinder" should help those Texas boys and look what a few weeks of forced marches did for this local tank club.

Cool weathering on that Panther too.

Name:	Da83400.jpg
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	959547  
Old 05-30-2008, 06:09 AM
moonshadow5739

Steenv-
The awards that are presented were cast from the ORIGINALS that I have in my collection, mold being RTV, then cast in resin. If you would like, PM or e-mail me and I would be glad to send you a copy of our regulations on the awards.

Blitzkrieg65,.. come on down to our September show and we'll show you bearing...

Pcomm1,.. our "grinder" is 90+ heat with 100% humidity ( just like the day of the pics ) and wearing a black panzer wrap!

Ahh,.. its all just for fun, and I don't take anything said seriously, but I do invite ALL of you to come on down to our September battle, and let us enjoy the comeradery of being r/c tankers and I'll even fix you guy's my infamouse bloody mary's![:-][&:] After one of those, you'l won't care about forced marches or disipline!!!![8D][&:]
Old 05-30-2008, 06:10 AM
pzrwest

Well the officer above has me wondering to what he's trying to be.... Oh Oh! nitpick time .... lol
He's wearing a Heer panzer wrapper with an SS cufftitle(left sleeve, Heer was right sleeve) white piping on the collar is incorrect. He's wearing an SS peaked cap with the Heer wrapper
But still it's cool
Old 05-30-2008, 10:27 AM
pcomm1

ORIGINAL: pzrwest

Well the officer above has me wondering to what he's trying to be.... Oh Oh! nitpick time .... lol
He's wearing a Heer panzer wrapper with an SS cufftitle(left sleeve, Heer was right sleeve) white piping on the collar is incorrect. He's wearing an SS peaked cap with the Heer wrapper
But still it's cool
pzrwest: Those infamous SS German tanker troops, I guess, were all just all down home Beverly Hillbillies at heart, and well, that defending tanker army was clearly letting the uniform regulations slip that French summer of 1944. Kinda reminds one of the ragtag southern troops during the US Civil War, 80 years earlier and the Texas tank club guys today.

moonshadow5739: Now order your T/Cs to try some jogging in that heat and humidity.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 AM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

You know, It gets scary when you are minding your own business in this hobby and suddenly out come the UNIFORMS! It was tough enough when battling with SCAT and out came the hand signals from the former tank commanders! How are us Allied operators to survive these shenanigans!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:27 AM
pcomm1

Well maybe the Sherman and Pershing guys could display a 40 foot US Flag and do General Patton's "s**t through the goose pep talk" at the start of each event. Pretty sure at least some SCAT T/Cs knows it by heart. That should do the trick.

What happened to just building a cool model, I think the WWII German military uniform presence will clearly increase most US tank club memberships, mostly with FBI and ATF Agents though.

I wonder if the agents will build their own model tanks or out source the work?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:08 PM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

ORIGINAL: pcomm1

I think the WWII German military uniform presence will clearly increase most US tank club memberships, mostly with FBI and ATF Agents though.

I wonder if the agents will build their own model tanks or out source the work?
You can call them out by the cheap sunglasses![8D]
Old 05-30-2008, 03:19 PM
pcomm1

Seems that at least 3 agents are already in that Texas club (based on sunglasses) and also, I suppose, one should look for skinny ties, black suites and the US Senate has mentioned jack boot apparel for the ATF people, more than once in the last 20 years. Seems like a good time for everyone, all in all.

Well back to building Tamiya Buggies.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:38 AM
pzrwest

It is cool thought to see them dress up and battle.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:16 AM
pcomm1

ORIGINAL: pzrwest

It is cool thought to see them dress up and battle.

Do a re-read, seems it is pretty hot and humid where they play dress up and pretend to be sandbox fighting soldiers.

Pretty weird stuff if your not 10 years old and has nothing to do with building and playing with rc models.

And perhaps they should consider switching to rc German race cars and wear nomex driving suits with air conditioned helmets.

The intended and or unintended political statement will appear far less obscene and they will be truly COOL.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Ern

[/quote]Pretty weird stuff if your not 10 years old and has nothing to do with building and playing with rc models.[/quote]

For you, maybe... to each their own.

While it's not quite my cup of tea either, and I doubt that I will ever do any more than enjoy the modeling aspect when time allows, and occasionally running a tank in my back yard by myself shooting the airsoft at targets of some sort, if someone enjoys competitive tanking & IR battling so be it. And, if putting on a tunic or hat, and issuing awards for performance heightens the experience for them and adds to the team concept the more power to them... there's nothing wrong with being passionate about a hobby or interest.

Insults really aren't necessary, if you think something is juvenile, just roll your eyes and move on to the next thread. I'm not even going to touch the "political statement"...
Old 05-31-2008, 01:06 PM
pcomm1

ORIGINAL: Ern
Pretty weird stuff if your not 10 years old and has nothing to do with building and playing with rc models.[/quote]

For you, maybe... to each their own.

While it's not quite my cup of tea either, and I doubt that I will ever do any more than enjoy the modeling aspect when time allows, and occasionally running a tank in my back yard by myself shooting the airsoft at targets of some sort, if someone enjoys competitive tanking & IR battling so be it. And, if putting on a tunic or hat, and issuing awards for performance heightens the experience for them and adds to the team concept the more power to them... there's nothing wrong with being passionate about a hobby or interest.

Insults really aren't necessary, if you think something is juvenile, just roll your eyes and move on to the next thread. I'm not even going to touch the "political statement"...
[/quote]

Hardly an insult, just facts. So, you sleep through your HS Level World History Class or what?

Mixing modern day retro hate gear with the fun of rc modeling is way more than weird.

Get real and take a stand and a enroll in a logic class.
Old 05-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Ern

Tamiyas Pershing, Panther G, Tiger IE, Jadgpanther, DAK Kübelwagen, HL Pz3 Tamiya DMD Conversion & Soon Tamiyas Pz4

Hmmm... to the casual observer, it would appear that you have quite a collection of "hate gear" yourself. [X(]

The hostility is really not necessary.

Just a difference in how one enjoys the hobby of RC tanking. This is obviously just a group of guys that enjoy getting together to play with their RC combat vehicles... while you are one that, I am sure, would rather stay at home and play with yourself.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:52 PM
pzrwest

I guess he should never go to a Rhineback or a Byron rc aircaft fly-in meet, they really get all decked out in period costumes. The rc pilot, his ground crews, even the pilots' girl friends get dressed up they arrive in period cars. And I'm not just talking German but guys that fly ww1 american, british, and french planes, same for ww2 aircraft they make it a whole weekend of flying and socializing with NO political talk just the love of the hobby and how they can improve the next years meet. I see no difference between what rc aircraft guys do to what we rc tank guys do.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Ern

Harold, I'm really shocked that someone would dress in a US uniform and fly around in a RC B-29... do they not think that they may offend someone of japanese heritage because of what we did in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? They must have been asleep in their HS level class as well...

"HS Level"... I guess PComm thinks he's more educated than everyone else here. Let me guess... Berkeley?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:28 AM
pcomm1

Harold, I'm really shocked that someone would dress in a US uniform and fly around in a RC B-29... do they not think that they may offend someone of japanese heritage because of what we did in Hiroshima and Nagasaki? They must have been asleep in their HS level class as well...

"HS Level"... I guess PComm thinks he's more educated than everyone else here. Let me guess... Berkeley?

Another and my last 2 cents.

"While you are one that, I am sure, would rather stay at home and play with yourself". Well Erin, you just told the forum "way" to much about yourself, but nothing to feel to bad about, seek medical help and or move to Berkley, Northern California where it may be alright.

The issue, this "WWII German military uniform costume stuff" is political, no escaping that point and it does not belong with rc tank model building and TBU battle games.

And I see the problem now, Erin, you've never studied any form of WWII history.

WWII Nazi SS and or German Tanker Army WWII "death head gear uniform costume display" at rc private/public events is not at all supportive of the rc tank hobby in general and nor is it harmless fun.

Those WWII uniforms and uniform symbols have very clear meaning and purpose and are completely political and evil and offensive in almost all nations.

Perhaps, your lack of a true understanding of WWII history causes you to brush these costumes off as harmless fun, but most would suspect far worse of your beliefs, and that is another inescapable point.

Even in Germany wearing WWII Axis death head gear is frowned upon and most often against the law for good reasons.

Again, there is a big difference between donning WWII "evil" military gear and the good/fun/skill found in model tank building and playing TBU tank backyard/tank club skill battle games while using "both" Allied TBU Pershing/Sherman tanks vs Axis TBU tanks.

I run/build both types of tanks and true it is fun to fight the bad guy tactics, but again, donning the bad guys evil symboled uniform does take matters, unavoidably, into the political and legal world. Bad idea.

Plus, if you have ever worn a real uniform on military active duty, for any nation, you would understand just how stupid this fake soldier dress up thing is, while playing with "your rc toy".

As to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, your either to young and or worse, to understand what drove WWII and the bitter end results for both Allies and Axis sides.

And if you had done any reading on the subject, you would know the giant Mitsubishi Corporation (Samurai code based WWII trading export company) apologized to the "world in 1985" for starting WWII in the Pacific and took responsibility for the outcome.

Let me help you here, that means you have no point and no need for a worried conscience, anymore.

Truly, in that decade, both nations, Germany and Japan received their just retributions from the armies of Russia, the UK, the USA and all the other allied armies.

But, I respect your 50's era "Ern the Peacenik" lets get along thinking, it just isn't valid.

pswest is a lost military costume wearing cause, but at least he does build nice models and is a pretty good armchair uniform historian. Anyway, I think I read most WWII German Sailors were "Mischlinge", so, perhaps he isn't all that bad, just confused.

John
Old 06-01-2008, 05:43 AM
Red_Rabbit

ORIGINAL: pcomm1

Another and my last 2 cents.

"While you are one that, I am sure, would rather stay at home and play with yourself". Well Erin, you just told the forum "way" to much about yourself, but nothing to feel to bad about, seek medical help and or move to Berkley, Northern California where it may be alright.

The issue, this "WWII German military uniform costume stuff" is political, no escaping that point and it does not belong with rc tank model building and TBU battle games.

And I see the problem now, Erin, you've never studied any form of WWII history.

WWII Nazi SS and or German Tanker Army WWII "death head gear uniform costume display" at rc private/public events is not at all supportive of the rc tank hobby in general and nor is it harmless fun.

Those WWII uniforms and uniform symbols have very clear meaning and purpose and are completely political and evil and offensive in almost all nations.

Perhaps, your lack of a true understanding of WWII history causes you to brush these costumes off as harmless fun, but most would suspect far worse of your beliefs, and that is another inescapable point.

Even in Germany wearing WWII Axis death head gear is frowned upon and most often against the law for good reasons.

Again, there is a big difference between donning WWII "evil" military gear and the good/fun/skill found in model tank building and playing TBU tank backyard/tank club skill battle games while using "both" Allied TBU Pershing/Sherman tanks vs Axis TBU tanks.

I run/build both types of tanks and true it is fun to fight the bad guy tactics, but again, donning the bad guys evil symboled uniform does take matters, unavoidably, into the political and legal world. Bad idea.

Plus, if you have ever worn a real uniform on military active duty, for any nation, you would understand just how stupid this fake soldier dress up thing is, while playing with "your rc toy".

As to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, your either to young and or worse, to understand what drove WWII and the bitter end results for both Allies and Axis sides.

And if you had done any reading on the subject, you would know the giant Mitsubishi Corporation (Samurai code based WWII trading export company) apologized to the "world in 1985" for starting WWII in the Pacific and took responsibility for the outcome.

Let me help you here, that means you have no point and no need for a worried conscience, anymore.

Truly, in that decade, both nations, Germany and Japan received their just retributions from the armies of Russia, the UK, the USA and all the other allied armies.

But, I respect your 50's era "Ern the Peacenik" lets get along thinking, it just isn't valid.

pswest is a lost military costume wearing cause, but at least he does build nice models and is a pretty good armchair uniform historian. Anyway, I think I read most WWII German Sailors were "Mischlinge", so, perhaps he isn't all that bad, just confused.

John
Oh well, my first and last try:

"Truly, in that decade, both nations, Germany and Japan received their just retributions from the armies of Russia, the UK, the USA and all the other allied armies."

You mean retribution is justified when you are "on right cause", hmnn.. I think it doesn't go by the law book.
How you justify USAF and RAF mass bombings of German cities in WWII - those killled many hundred thousand of sivilians, mostly child and women.
And how explain the second A-bomb - first one make thinks quite clear to Japanese.

Oh, and by the way. As you know the history so well, did you forget the causes that drives Japanese to that desperately act - I mean sea blockade that USA used agains Japan. As you know, they were/are dependent of import. When you harrast someone to corner, he might do something to get out of there...

I have to give you a gredit for studying history, it's only way to stop making same mistakes again. But I also suggest that you study more, because I think your readings has been little one-sighted.

History is always worth of studying,

RR

Old 06-01-2008, 06:30 AM
pzrwest

by the way the wearing of ww2 german uniforms etc is not illegal in germany today just displaying of the swastika and the ss runes. There are many events on re-enacting in germany and europe. in france, france, belgium, and holland it is also illegal to wear the swastika but they do hold large events there. There will be a large event for the anual d-day landings where mock battles will be held. and they are allowed to wear the swastika on the uniforms but only during the event. they are not allowed to roam around outside the event wearing the emblems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.