Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

VsTank Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:40 AM
thomasjohnmurphy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VsTank Owners

Well, I could actually see the difference in size (it was visibly noticeable)
Old 08-15-2008, 10:01 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: thomasjohnmurphy

Well, I could actually see the difference in size (it was visibly noticeable)
Hi thomas sounds like you are using Airsot elite bb's these are good bb's i use them in my high end airsoft target guns along with KSC and marui , excel ...

Thomas just because a bb gives you a little FPS more reading don't mean it is a better bb... i have had brand bb's that i tested chrono and target with my airsoft guns and some had a lot more FPS but guess what those bb's where not as accurate when shooting.... the TSD .20 Bios shot very good in my tests .... just as good as the top name brands bb's and for the little differance to me it's just not worth shooting the non bio bb's all around in the yard and at the parks polluting the earth for just a few more FPS!

Do some searching on the web on bb tests you will find out that more FPS from a bb don't mean it's better at all....

Also try some bioval BBB bio bb's these are very good also...
http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/b...degradable-bbs
Old 08-15-2008, 12:12 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

I see the problem. The standard high quality bb has a diameter of I believe 5.98mm +/- .02mm where as the bio ones have a diameter of 5.90-5.95. That's like going from a 6.03mm barrel to a stock 6.08. Now I can see why they don't fire as hard. getting my guns to fire as hard as they do is litterally an obsession. There is no way I would want to reduce the power of my guns. I'm hoping to get to the 200 feet mark soon. I need to get my chrono out and see what fps they are.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:39 PM
shenlonco

yea the airsoft elite are like the biggest bb's there are and they are made well also... all manufactures bb's have different specs....Guy's like the hair smaller bb's better this is why most are a hair smaller so they don't jam up in there expensive AEG guns.... But like i said for the few extra FPS wich is not much over the TSD bio 180's from using the airsoft elite bb's i would rather not make a big mess in the yard or whare ever i bring my tanks or not get in trouble or get a fine when in a park or something from messing up the grounds with plastic bb's piling up all the time when you keep bringing your tanks back to run in the same spots...and it's better NOT to pollute the earth any more than it already is for probably 10 or so FPS gains....
Old 08-21-2008, 05:31 PM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick thoughts on the Type 90:

-Good coloring, nowhere near as bright and obnoxious as the pics make it look.
-Same electronics as my 2008 Leo 2A6.
-Has fast/weak motors.
-Drives incredibly smooth, turns like a sports car.
-Sound volume is much lower, explosion and gun sounds have nice bass to them.
-Detail is incredible.
-Completely different antennas.
- Has front lights, red reverse lights and working rear turn signals!
-Black in front of tread in plastic, not rubber, already scuffed to hell.
-Suspension is super soft.

Thats all for now, I'll let you know more when I've had it a bit longer.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:31 PM
TWHTALMT

ORIGINAL: pcsguy88

Quick thoughts on the Type 90:

-Good coloring, nowhere near as bright and obnoxious as the pics make it look.
-Same electronics as my 2008 Leo 2A6.
-Has fast/weak motors.
-Drives incredibly smooth, turns like a sports car.
-Sound volume is much lower, explosion and gun sounds have nice bass to them.
-Detail is incredible.
-Completely different antennas.
- Has front lights, red reverse lights and working rear turn signals!
-Black in front of tread in plastic, not rubber, already scuffed to hell.
-Suspension is super soft.

Thats all for now, I'll let you know more when I've had it a bit longer.
Care to take some videos of it?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:16 PM
gbergevin

Awesome! I want one.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:20 PM
pcsguy88

I've driven the Type 90 for almost 2hrs now and have some things to add.

- Engine noise volume is less (yes, same tiger sound), but cannon, machine gun & explosion are loud and clear.
- Clutch grinding is much better than 2007 Leopard. All performance seem to be equal to the 2008 Leopard I also received today (It was a good day). On looped carpet or textured driveway concrete, neither of them can turn in reverse #1 and barely in forward #1. The motors just don't have the juice. Both cruise smoothly on all flat surfaces in 2nd gear, especially using turn #2. The control you have at this speed murders the T-72 since they turn sharper and smoother. You can actually slalom like the Leopard with the HL guts. I threw a pair of T-72 motors in the Leo and still have the same control, just more power and less speed. (Leo now turns on carpet in 1st gear). Currently debating if my next set of T-72 motors will go in Type 90 or in the Abrams that they are shipping with.
- Still can't get over the flashing yellow turn signals. They blink at the correct speed and match the direction of the turn.
- Type 90 IR sensor is small and hidden between the commander's hatch and the machinegun. It is not an easy target.
- 1st gear button on both controllers is finicky. Sometime you need to push hard to get it to respond. T-72 controller and tank seem more in sync.
- Range on Type 90 kills the other 4 VsTanks I have. Sitting in the back of my garage, I usually get interference 3ft outside the garage. Type 90 ran halfway down the driveway before it freaked. The new (old Marui) antennas are nice.
- Plastic on Type 90 feels better, not sure how to desribe it. Leo 2008 feels better than Leo 2007, but it could be the weathering. It just looks sharper.
- Type 90 rear tow hooks will not last long, they are the first thing to hit going of a ledge.
- Suspension is so soft on the 90, the first 2 road wheels do not touch the ground when standing still. Rear battery weight actually lifts them of the ground. Must stiffen the rear springs. Looks like a speed boat when you cruise thru the grass.
- Did I mention the motors were weak? Can't even superspin #1 on carpet.

That is everything I can think of at the moment. I will try to get video up, but I doubt it will be anytime soon. Maybe I'll have time after Labor Day. Post any questions and I'll try to answer them.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:03 AM
shenlonco

Hi One ? for ya... what kind of batteries you using?
Because rechargables give the tanks more power.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:39 PM
pcsguy88

I use Duracell NIMH 2650mh in all of my tanks. My tanks with the T-72 motors in the old gearboxes can turn on short carpet in low gear, standard old gearboxes with old motors are worthless, sometimes not being able to turn at all and the standard T-72 turns well enough it throws it's tracks. All work well on smooth garage floor cement, but on the textured driveway, old gearbox suffers once again. I plan on making a video of all my tanks to show strengths and weaknesses for future buyers. Hopefully I get time soon.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:06 PM
gbergevin

My 05 Leo turns on carpet all day....maybe you've got a anit-tank carpet. All my other tanks run just fine, too.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:09 PM
shenlonco

can't wait for the vids!!
I guess it all depends on what type of carpet you have.....
Old 08-23-2008, 04:17 AM
pcsguy88

My 07 Leo runs great on carpet. Same with my T-72. Not sure why the 08's with old gearboxes will not do a 1st gear tight turn on high traction surfaces. The clutch isn't slipping but the motors have that high-pitched whine, crying for mercy.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Panzerfaust77

Guys do you know where I can get a 'sparkling' VS Tiger from in the UK? Not the IR one or the BB one but the one that recoils with a light?

I can only find the BB and IRs ones on ebay.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:20 PM
pcsguy88

Panzerfaust77,

Toyeast.com is the same company as VsTanks and the have all series. Looks like only the Abrams and Leopard are being produced at the moment. Keep checking their site, they always get new stock first.

To the rest,

After spending a ridiculous amount of time gluing foam pads to my new Leo tracks, I beat the hell out of it for 3hrs. I managed to shread 2 tabs on the rear sprocket and possibly some gears. I am having difficulty getting the Leo to track straight with the plastic tracks after the first 2hrs. I think 1 of the T-72 motors is slower than the other. I will be putting the original motors back in and see how it performs. T-72 motors were great with the rubber tracks, but I suspect they are not needed with the plastic upgrades. Leo ran like a dream for the first battery charge. Hope I can get it running like that again. Type 90 was severely neglected today. Anyone know where to get Marui Type 90 plastic treads?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:32 PM
pcsguy88

Toyeast has T-72 parts instock now. The main boards are over $40! Am I tripping or is this turret different:
Old 08-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Panzerfaust77

Panzerfaust77,

Toyeast.com is the same company as VsTanks and the have all series. Looks like only the Abrams and Leopard are being produced at the moment. Keep checking their site, they always get new stock first.

No man I said for the UK. That's a US site...
Old 08-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Aslvrfrost98csvt

good luck finding a sparkling tiger anywhere ive been looking for one forever it seems and toyeast is part of Vstank (same company)
Old 08-24-2008, 05:35 PM
gbergevin

Toyeast is not a US based store...They're in China.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:11 PM
pcsguy88

Update:
I put the original motors back in my 2008 Leo with padded plastic tracks and evrything works great. It is now a true offroad climbing king and runs like a champ on carpet or wood floors.

I put a set of M1A2 plastic tracks on my Type 90 and they fit perfectly with 84 links. This tank is a race car now with precision handling and unmatched speed & control thru level grass. Without the pads on the tracks, it can't go uphill in grass or climb any smooth surface. The pads really slow down the Leo, but give it unmatched traction.

I really like how each tank is taking on a unique personality, not just identical performance with different shells. My Abrams is flying over the Pacific at this moment and I can't wait to work on it. Since it will be my only IR with 1spd reverse, I will put T-72 motors in it to smooth out the jumpy turning (tried it in my 2007 Leo with great success) and add plastic tracks to it. Not sure if I will add pads to the tracks yet. My next purchase will be an IR T-72 and I eagerly await the rumored metal tracks. Once I have these 4 tanks setup, I'll be done until some new modern armor makes it into the lineup.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:16 AM
shenlonco

Hi here is a place that sells custom pads for our tanks...I used them on my abrams and they work great!! i only used a few i did not do my whole tracks and they worked awesome!
LOOK
[link=http://www.geocities.com/xbdparts/]1/24 custom rubber track pads for plastic link tracks[/link]

Update:
I put the original motors back in my 2008 Leo with padded plastic tracks and evrything works great. It is now a true offroad climbing king and runs like a champ on carpet or wood floors.

I put a set of M1A2 plastic tracks on my Type 90 and they fit perfectly with 84 links. This tank is a race car now with precision handling and unmatched speed & control thru level grass. Without the pads on the tracks, it can't go uphill in grass or climb any smooth surface. The pads really slow down the Leo, but give it unmatched traction.

I really like how each tank is taking on a unique personality, not just identical performance with different shells. My Abrams is flying over the Pacific at this moment and I can't wait to work on it. Since it will be my only IR with 1spd reverse, I will put T-72 motors in it to smooth out the jumpy turning (tried it in my 2007 Leo with great success) and add plastic tracks to it. Not sure if I will add pads to the tracks yet. My next purchase will be an IR T-72 and I eagerly await the rumored metal tracks. Once I have these 4 tanks setup, I'll be done until some new modern armor makes it into the lineup.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Aslvrfrost98csvt

toyeast just got some sparkling series tiger 1 tanks in 2 early tiger styles and 1 late tiger1 .I just ordered this one to add to my large collection of tanks.

http://toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02103580
Old 09-13-2008, 01:39 AM
pcsguy88

Toyeast has just listed new radio bands #7-#13 and the new metal tracks for early production Tiger I's. The tracks are very reasonable at $49, just wish I had the cash available. Will the metal tracks destroy the plastic wheels? I've already broken 2 sets of rear wheels on my Leo with the plastic tracks.

The addition of 7 new bands is something we had not heard before. The possibility of running 13 tanks at a time adds an excuse to collect beyond 6 tanks and opens up amazing combat scenarios.

VsTank's future just keeps getting brighter and brighter.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:30 AM
condor11

Hehe
I have just received those metal tracks for my Tiger (I had to be really nice to ToyEast to get it earlier).
They fit very well, so I don't think they will destroy anything. And the tank runs great with them!
Old 09-13-2008, 09:49 PM
pcsguy88

Read your review and thank you for it. Keep us posted because I worry the wheels will not last long. Did the tracks slow your Tiger down? How does it climb? I am very tempted to purchase a set, but the plastic ones are already great (when you don't have to climb). I would purchase a set of T-72 tracks in a heartbeat. Hurry up 2009!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.