Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clark Model??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:00 AM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clark Model??

Never heard of these [link=http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prod_csc/index.html]these guys[/link] but I like what they've done with [link=http://www.clark-model.com/eng/prj_1_24_leopard2a6/index.html]VsTanks.[/link]

Anyone have more info or experience dealing with Clark-Model?
Old 10-18-2008, 07:57 AM
971wright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clark Model??

Hi pcsguy88 Very interesting I like it as well some of the modules may be very handy for converting some thing like a halftrack shame theres no prices on the items .

regards pete
Old 10-18-2008, 09:26 AM
fv432
Banned

heres a link to an early post i made about them http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7926922/tm.htm

have heard mixed reviews the worst being no communication on anything E-mailed them myself a few years ago but got no reply[&o][&o]
Old 10-18-2008, 09:50 AM
modeltank

here's the experience that I had.
Reply came only after about 6months later, after repeatedly sending about 5times.

When bought a set, send Clark with some question, the answer will be a tone of "problems? ...not possible", "my system is the best, there shouldn't be any issue", etc.
To sum up the after sales follow up => extreme pain.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:24 AM
calvinlo

About one year ago I had tried to contact them to enquire about their products and how to order. Here's my experience.

1) They hardly reply your emails at all, even when you express genuine desire to know or buy their products. It seems that they don't read, or not interested to reply. I wonder what will happen if I buy their products and later on discover some problem...
2) Their stock is always very low. Tried to order twice on different months, and they told me they are out of stock
3) Only accept wire transfer, no paypal.

Besides this, I notice from their website that their sound effects is still limited to the jagdpanther after two years. The potential list of sounds effects that they listed on their website e.g. M1 Abram is still under developement. I wonder what take them so long?

I hope I'm wrong, but all these problems and observation give me the impression that Clark (or whoever he is) is not really interested to market his product outside Taiwan at all.

After waiting for a year, I gave up the thought of upgrade my 1/24 tanks and switched to 1/16 tanks and elmod instead...
Old 10-19-2008, 01:59 AM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad. I was willing to upgrade one of my VsTanks to see how good they were.