Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

blown rx-13 repair

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:06 AM
j z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blown rx-13 repair

Hello men, I have a question about repairing rx-13 boards. I recently popped one of the transistors on an rx-13. I have reverse to both motors and forward to the left motor. Does anyone know which transistor controls forward to the right motor? I have quite a few bad rx-13's , so I thought I could scavenge from the others, but I don't know what controls what. Thanks. Regards, JZ
Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: blown rx-13 repair

here ya go, this is for when board is hooked up for FWD, not Pershing/BullDog RWD.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40108.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1105506  
Old 01-08-2009, 01:56 PM
madbadger

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

same thing here, i had 3 burnt boards, tried the same thing, swopping out transistors......never worked!!!! gave up, i suggest you invest in a RX14 board, they are much better.

Kev
Old 01-08-2009, 03:17 PM
j z

Yes Madbadger, thats exactly what I did. I found a brand new rx-14 I had tucked away and forgotten about, and will be ordering more shortly. Besides, my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be and those little solder joints are more than a match for me ,even with my reading glasses. My wife doesn't call me Mr. Magoo for nothing. Regards, JZ
Old 01-08-2009, 03:24 PM
kotori

one of my more electronically-oriented friends tried repairing a non-S&S board that had symptoms of blown transistors. He replaced the transistors several times, and never worked. He did a bit more diagnostics, and found out the chip that controls the transistors was blown, giving the illusion of toasted transistors. Without a replacement for the transistor controller, he gave up on the task as impossible. I have since upgraded to RX-14 and the other S&S gear, and that's been working great.