Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 1:16 Mato Toys RC M4 Sherman Tank

The only thing that looks odd to me is how the sprockets are situated where the final drives would be. Looks like the gearbox wouldn't fit so they extended the glacis or moved the sprockets back a touch. I could very well be wrong though. Regards,JZ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

Is it just me or does it look fake looking? toyish out of perportion?
    You're not alone. I can find a lot wrong with it, but right now we'll just call it a prototype and wait 'till the actual one is ready. I don't want to be "hatin'" anything. [sm=lol.gif] Besides, I'm with Tomas. All I care about is a functioning suspension.
    "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does this mean we'll see swarms of Shermans (and their variants) on Rc battlefields

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It does appear the transmission housing extrudes out past the tracks at the drive sprockets, even more than a Jumbo. The barrel dia is larger as stated for airsoft, but the mantel is off also. It appears they might have placed the barrel a little higher to allow the airsoft gun to clear the turrent ring when it is at supper elevation. The front corners of the cast hull also look to be a little off. As stated, if the suspention and track are good they will sell a billion of them. This tank should have been out years ago; bad for Tamiya, thank you HL.

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[:-] looks like the end is near for us Kraut Tanker's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh Boy!!! I really want one of these!! Im on a waiting list, so maybe I'll get one in a reasonable amount of time. The demand is definetly going to outstrip supply for a while, especially with people getting multiple units. Maybe they should limit it to one per customer for a while. Now we need a release date.
    HL Tiger I, HL Pershing and Mato Sherman....so far.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The pictures are not very good and it is hard to tell the proportions, but I think we can deal with everything else if the VVSS works!

Thank you YHR. Your timing, as you predicted, was impeccable.[sm=omg_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif]
    Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but he usually manages to pick himself up, walk over it, and carry on.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: blitzkrieg65

It is definately coming and almost here,,,, who is making it,, Heng long, Matorro??

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/20...rman_Tank.html

The Blitz[sm=shades_smile.gif]

RCTankWars.com
    ON the Mato site there are a couple of dialog boxes that show a sherman on a Matorro graphic. I do not know if ths is an indicator but!!!!!!!!

Ken
    KT,T1, JPIV, Pnthr F, Stug III, JPntr, T34-85, SU85, SU76i, SU100, KV1, KV85, JT, JP-2, Elefant,T55, SU152, IS-2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dugster

The pictures are not very good and it is hard to tell the proportions, but I think we can deal with everything else if the VVSS works!

Thank you YHR. Your timing, as you predicted, was impeccable.[sm=omg_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif]

You are welcome, and yes I agree. No show stoppers. As long as the VVSS and track is good they will have a winner. I want to turn one of these into a Kangeroo with a belly full of infantry men. For war gaming it will be who can deliver the troops to the objective wins the game.

Kangaroo

Grizzly

Here is the same tank model in a different scale

So from this there is an issue with the back half of the tank. It needs to be sculptured, but not a show stopper. Just a little work.

The tires have writing on them. I think they say Firestone and Mato Tire. If that's so this wouldn't be a Heng Long but a Matorro product.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. - Ronald Reagan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

The tires have writing on them. I think they say Firestone and Mato Tire. If that's so this wouldn't be a Heng Long but a Matorro product.

That might mean plastic gears and a twice the price. I hope not.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not a fan of the mantlet, but hey, its a vvss sherman, can't go wrong there. If its really matoro, do you think the sales will not be as good?

Some styrene and Mr. Surfacer will take care of the mantlet! They'll sell big time, this is what we've been waiting for! (not that other guy) hehehe
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under. - Ronald Reagan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This'll get the econemy back on track.

I've never been a big fan of the Sherman but I want at least three of these.

Just wait till they release the other versions! I can think of at least 16 different ones including the TDs to build!

Since my own collection focuses on North Africa, an early M3 Lee, M4A1 with M3 bogies and early M10 TD would be my favorites! Right now my Axis tanks have nothing to go up against. I'm eyeing doing a conversion of a Trumpter M3 Halftrack to a TD.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hmm now i think i found a use for the Sherman....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec87589.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	1109629  

That's a lot of scratchbuilding from a M4A1 to a M4A4 Firefly!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL I couldent find a pic of any other captured shermans in my quick search on google [:-]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Wozwasnt

This'll get the econemy back on track.

I've never been a big fan of the Sherman but I want at least three of these.

I know what you mean. To me they were just an ugly inferior tank to just about everything else. Now I love em, and respect the crews that had to fight in them. So many variants.

The Sherman had many advantages over it's adversaries. First was reliability, ease of maintenance and simple construction. Knocked out tanks that didn't burn were quickly returned to service. The 75mm was a great HE gun and held it's own against the earlier PZIIIs and PZIVs and related Stugs, etc. The turret turned the fastest, much faster then the Tiger for instance. The late HVAP ammo for the 76mm was great, able to defeat Panthers and Tigers with relative ease compared to the earlier ammo. The Wet ammo stowage turned the burn rate from 70% to 20%.

Drawbacks were plenty, the gun ring hatch had to be modified so it wouldn't smash the TCs head, the narrow driver's and assistant driver's hatches made egress take longer, the VVSS suspension gave a rough ride, the tracks were too narrow for muddy terrain which was only helped by the late addition of the EECs or Duck Bills. The ultimate HVAP ammo was introduced too late and in too few quantity to please the crews and save more lives. The gunner's optics were inferior to the Germans. The spark plugs on the bottom cylinders of the radial engine were a pain to access and remove for cleaning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well it appears the vaporware has turned into reality. Its good to see it finally making an appearance.

Given Mato's announcement on their website, I'd think they'll be controlling the market for this tank whether or not they make it in their own factory or having someone such as HL produce it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just want Donald Sutherlands sherman and I will die happy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I contacted Mato Toys here in Canada, they say it is made by Mato Toys (???) and will be available next month. They would not tell me if it is Airsoft or IR Battle ready or price (probably because they don't know any more details than us), but at least we know when it's available (in theory).
    Dmon1996
    Tamiya Sherman & 3 KingTigers, HL Pershing, PIV, Bulldog, Panther, Jagdpanther, Tiger I, Mato Sherman, 21st Century 1/5 scale Stuart, Baja 5b, Frog, Bruiser, TT-01, RC10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wonder if Bill at RC COMMAND will carry these? Hope so!
    "Best Job I've Ever Had"

RCCOMMAND,

TIME to sound off ... DO you have any relative and sound information for us?

WE are all ready to hand over our $$$$$$$$ Will you be able to order these with METAL GEARBOXES???

"TANKS IN ADVANCE!!" (they are SHERMANS)!!! VVSS at that!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

-TOMAS
    TX ARMOR
    R/C WARBIRDS / RC TANKS ENTHUSIAST
    VQ WARBIRDS, KMP, & RCV

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast