Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

HL 1/30th scale Sherman...comments?

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL 1/30th scale Sherman...comments?

Old 01-26-2009, 05:59 PM
timslocum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL 1/30th scale Sherman...comments?

I ran across on of these online for $25, does anyone have one? Do you like it? Problems? Opinions wanted.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:40 PM
killick64

Default RE: HL 1/30th scale Sherman...comments?

I've got one! (I was planning to convert it into a BREN carrier but decided to leave it alone). Fast, lots of gear noise, and the "muzzle flash" is toylike, -but it has nice detail and handles pretty smartly. And the VVSS suspension actually WORKS, though the travel isn't that great. It's a hoot!!
Old 01-27-2009, 06:34 AM
killick64

Default RE: HL 1/30th scale Sherman...comments?

I should have added...ditch the machine gun you get with the tank. It's German !! I sawed the "muzzle brake" off mine and "unwired" that red LED; when it lights up it makes the little tank look like it's doing a "Rudolph the Reindeer" impersonation .

I'm in the process of decorating mine to represent a Canadian Sherman using scale Aircraft decals. And much as I love chasing Anna around the house and watching it nip her ankles, I mostly keep it on a shelf. I don't know if it's all that easy easy to find replacements for those rubber tracks..... !

But for $25 you can't go very wrong. You'll easily pay TWICE as much for a 1/32 die-cast Sherman from 21st Century!