Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya sounds

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 03:44 PM
DAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya sounds

No doubt someone has been around Tamiya Tigers, Panthers and Jagdpanthers. Are they all using the same engine sound recording? Or. Maybe someone with El Mod experiance knows if they can be adapted to a 24 volt system?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya sounds

You would be best advised to look into the Bennedinni sound systems. They have the correct sounds for your vehicles and are the most realistic. It is a pricey system but you may be able to afford it with the Armortek vehicles you have. dont have a link handy sorry. I'm sure someone around here does.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:22 PM
blitzkrieg65

EL MOD is coming out with a large tank system 12 and 24 volts we should hear more in the next few months! Not sure if i was surpose to spill the beans but, I don't know a whole bunch of Large tank tankers so if would be good to see if there is interest for me to carry these units!

The Blitz

RCTankWars.com
Old 03-13-2009, 05:37 PM
RCCOMMAND

Here you go...

[link=http://benedini.de/Home_E/home_e.html]Benedini site[/link]
Old 03-13-2009, 06:24 PM
pattonrocked45

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bennedinni=$$$$$$ elmod is a little more useful i think, with all of its features!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats good too know blitz. I was not aware of that. The El-mod would ad a lot of nice features to the large scale tanks
Old 03-13-2009, 08:00 PM
DAP

Yes I know about Benedini. With all the recent interest in tanks I figured there may be new options out there. Appears El Mod is something I should look into.
Who would I talk to at El Mod? I could use sound for the SDKFZ7. Also a HST Im building. Add to that the assorted vehicles in SWAG.
Theres also an Armortek Jagdpanther comming my way soon.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Monotheist

The one thing that really annoys me about the Tamiya (and what i have heard from Elmod) are the samples are so short that it sounds like a skipping CD to me. Not organic sounding at all. duh-duh-duh instead of a continuous note. Another thing that destroys the realisim is the engine shouldn't be able to rev up and down so fast. If you jerk the throttle full forward the engine should slowly rev up to full speed same as when you release the throttle. You can compensate by being gentlle on the throttle but still. Also it would be great if the engine revved a little before take off like a little blip or something.

I am looking at the Benedini system for my Sherm as too my ears sounds a lot more natural then the competition. Whats putting me off though is the TBS-5 system is a bit inflexible in that from what I understand comes pre-loaded with a tank sound that you specify so if you want to put it into another tank you would have to send it back for a new sound to be loaded. I am also not entirely sure how one would hook it up to something like an Tamiya.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:26 AM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: DAP

Yes I know about Benedini. With all the recent interest in tanks I figured there may be new options out there. Appears El Mod is something I should look into.
Who would I talk to at El Mod? I could use sound for the SDKFZ7. Also a HST Im building. Add to that the assorted vehicles in SWAG.
Theres also an Armortek Jagdpanther comming my way soon.

Dap

I am your North American, Australian EL MOD Distributor; I will keep you posted on when the design is finished and what sounds are coming! But as you know we can get and implement many sounds our self and working on even more flexibility in this area!

Monotheist,

I really need to get the EL Mod sounds recorded in a sound studio, or at least a good room! I don't agree at all with your assessment, the Thintankdrive even picks up on when yourmaking a turn in your tank,, it senses the turning of only one sprocket moving slow and has its own unique sound for that! And in that sound it has the ability to make sounds in multiple stages by how slow or fast that you are turning and that is different from the normal drive sound! Now it is possible that you have heard the original Pershing engine sound that was terrible, but that has been changed to an entirely proportional sounding engine!

I am sure that any EL MOD owner can attest to the sound variation that goes along with the drive, it is very impressive and allows a realism that makes driving your tank, an experience,,, not just a rock and roll!

Keep an eye the Website in the coming weeks it may be down for a few days but, changes are coming, and coming fast now!

The Blitz[sm=shades_smile.gif]

RCTankWars.com
Old 03-14-2009, 07:50 AM
jakeand

Hi,

Tested some new El-Mod sounds made by our fellow tankers in germany. Not recorded with a videocamera, just a regular digital camera, so sound is better in real life

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S08PxZCxp1s[/youtube]

Regards

Jake
Old 03-14-2009, 08:19 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds pretty good to me.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:17 AM
pattonrocked45

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree monotheist, it does not sound organic at all. if i understand how the elmod it works it takes half second clips of a sound byte and streams them together. then speeds up playback of the clips the faster the rpms on the motor go.thats the major problem with all these sound systems. i propose a vender out there makes actual gas engine/driveline so we can have a healthy engine sound plus a realistic smoke system.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:22 AM
calvinlo

ORIGINAL: jakeand

Hi,

Tested some new El-Mod sounds made by our fellow tankers in germany. Not recorded with a videocamera, just a regular digital camera, so sound is better in real life

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S08PxZCxp1s[/youtube]

Regards

Jake
Hi Jake,

The new Tiger sound seems to be quite good...at least good enough for me. Any chance for this new sound to be made downloadable?
Old 03-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Monotheist

I have to admit that video was much better than what I have heard in the past however what bothers me is still evident. The idle for example during the 1.18-1.35 minute mark has that characteristic "skipping" sound as does the full speed run between 1.55-2.05. Please don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the product at all and in fact I believe it to be a massive improvement on the highly regarded Tamiya system but for me the actual sound plays a substantial part in the overall experience and as I do not battle or typically drive with other tanks it is a very important aspect and one that i would like to be as good as it can be.

I do however love the way the engine revs at the beginning and the turret and track sounds are very cool.

What would be great is to have say 10-20 multi-tracks at various running speeds each with a duration of greater than 10 seconds to enable you to listen to all the nuances of an engine running constantly. As engine speed increased or decreased the system would jump to the appropriate sample. Having a longer sample would make the loops less noticeable in my opinion instead of having perfect repeats every second of the sound heard before.