Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heng long troubleshootin

hello fellow tankers!! recently purchased the heng long panzer 3 from matomart.com. it has the metal upgrades, gearbox, tracks, etc. after less than one hour of run time the gun barrel started to cycle continuosly. then the turret started to rotate on its own. with the transmitter off and battery on, it does it, so i know ive eliminated the transmitter as the problem. i unplugged the wires for turret function...the tank still drives well though. any ideas?? im thinkin something took a dump in the circuit board...ive heard these boards are fairly flimsy. does anyone make an upgraded board with quality electronics on it...or am i stuck replacing it with more stock heng long hit or miss boards?? thanks for your help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: heng long troubleshootin

ORIGINAL: afmatt130

hello fellow tankers!! recently purchased the heng long panzer 3 from matomart.com. it has the metal upgrades, gearbox, tracks, etc. after less than one hour of run time the gun barrel started to cycle continuosly. then the turret started to rotate on its own. with the transmitter off and battery on, it does it, so i know ive eliminated the transmitter as the problem. i unplugged the wires for turret function...the tank still drives well though. any ideas?? im thinkin something took a dump in the circuit board...ive heard these boards are fairly flimsy. does anyone make an upgraded board with quality electronics on it...or am i stuck replacing it with more stock heng long hit or miss boards?? thanks for your help

You might wanna try upgrading to the RX-18 board. It's more durable than the 14 which is what you likely have now. MatoToys sells them and so does RC Command.
    Airboss says: Down is up and up is expensive!!!! Blade CX2 Blade MSR, T-Rex 450se V2, Tamiya Subaru Impreza, Heng Long ZTZ-99, Flyzone Super Cub, Flyzone Cessna 182, Easystar2 FPV, Beast UMX...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the question I have is can the RX18 board be used in an airsoft application? If so how do you eliminate the tank jerking when you up the right up stick?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks ssrc........can i keep the airsoft application with the rx18 board?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hallo new to the forum try the antenna take the top of and check the antenna connektion inside i had the same problem whith my tiger 1
    h.l.tiger 1 s&s ultimate tank h.l.bulldog non s&s late tiger1 from asiatam with el-mod www.panzerteam.dk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

had the tank apart...antenna connection was good. im pretty sure that whatever controls turret function in the board probably fried. does anyone know what would be involved in converting the electronics over to tamiya?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does anyone know what would be involved in converting the electronics over to tamiya?

$$$$$$$

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

had the tank apart...antenna connection was good. im pretty sure that whatever controls turret function in the board probably fried. does anyone know what would be involved in converting the electronics over to tamiya?

Or you can upgrade to EL MOD..... The tank below still uses the HL elctronics and radio, but you do not have too that is just an option, EL MOD actually perfroms best when you pull all the HL eletronics and use a Hobby radio! Plus the sounds go way beyond Tamiya..........

http://www.youtube.com/user/RCTankWars

The Blitz
    RCTankWars.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hmm freid bord sems to be happining a lot i installt acpu fan connectet to the power cords this cool things i usually run the tank for a long time (35000 milliamps)
    this works[8D]
    h.l.tiger 1 s&s ultimate tank h.l.bulldog non s&s late tiger1 from asiatam with el-mod www.panzerteam.dk