Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Panther 2

Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Panther 2

ORIGINAL: bowlman

Well I posted these pics a month ago to show what can be done did not think it was going to be a problem and from the reply's still dont see a problem the model was nicely done and would like to be that good some day myself a few of use belong to other forums and want to learn from other members on how to better do this hobby of tanks from time to time there will be some heated posts a few eggs get broken thats life move on im still new at this hobby and want to learn to better my tanks and skills when I joined a year ago this and other forums was the place of a welth of info and some of the pics and articals were posted here and there did not see that as a problem there was know rule saying you cant do that now I wonder if I should just keep to myself and just look .

Jimmy
Over sensitive, over-reacted ... what else is there to say? Most creative people cannot take anything less than "WOW, great job!" Splash some brown paint on a store bought tank "Ooh! Great weathering job! How did you do it?" Don't 'criticize' these, oh NO WAY!!! But a fantastic build like this one gets one little thing pointed out and we're all a bunch of rivet counters.

I still think it's a very fine build, way over the top on every point.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Panther, I have to agree with you entirely, work done by this person excellent as it is and his crony side kick are only to be worshiped the fact that he has listened to and profited from the constructive criticism is testament by him changing the tracks otherwise why would he have done so if he was so offended by correct comments, as for rivet counters the two of them are in a model club full of 1/35 modellers and there is no bigger bunch of rivet counters than the 1/35 guys, personally I welcome criticism of my models as it means I can correct the faults after all there is no such thing as the perfect model.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Panther F

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I don't surf google then come on here to impress everyone with extreme knowledge of these tanks, I just share with what I know. The person in question has NEVER worked on a Panther II so what does he know? If you back track his age, during Korea he would have been about 15 or 16 years old. Besides, working on tanks and driven' 'em don't mean a thing. I worked on BMW's and Japanese cars for a freakin' longtime, doesn't qualify me as an expert does it.

I've been building tank models long before most here even took up the hobby. I was about 8 or 9 years old when I first started and I just turned 50 2 months ago. Still doesn't qualify me as an expert now does it. I don't want to indulge into making master pieces, I want to run the crap out of my tanks and when I get the opportunity, battle it. So no shelf queens for me but I will say this Sherman I'm about to finish is pretty damn close to be being an anal build ... at least for me. [sm=lol.gif]

Now back to work! I gotta pay for my tank fix ya know!

Old 09-10-2009, 08:30 PM
bowlman

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Same here still say it was a nice build but am not posting pics from other sites any more with out asking if its ok from the poster first that way he or she dont get bent out of shape over it my apology to anyone I have pist off in the past .

Jimmy
Old 09-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Panther F

You did nothing wrong Jimmy, for your heart is always in the right place and never say a cross word to anyone. You just witnessed how ugly things can truly get with those type of people.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:20 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Relax Bowlman. Your heart was in the right place, and this wouldn't be the first forum cross post!!!!!!!. I have had many pictures "phished", some give credit some don't. Doesn't really bother me too much. I also don't know what the fuss is about. Post pictures and expect to get comments. Many people on here have pointed out inaccuracies in my models. I am appreciative, and usually try to make the necessary corrections. Is all part of getting better and improving.

The Irony is this gentleman actually made the changes suggested on this forum, and made the model better, and somehow this forum is painted with the "unfriendly brush" once again. Kind of bizarre. All I heard was some friendly discussion about known facts about this particulair beast, and no real negative comments about the model itself. UNlike Star Trek this machine actually was more then a paper panzer, and there is some real history to back up the RC universe rivet counters comments!!!!!!!.

So again I am amazed by the "storm" this banter created
Old 09-10-2009, 10:33 PM
bowlman

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks Guy's

Jimmy
Old 09-11-2009, 03:37 AM
rivetcounter

Darn this is nice would like to build mine like this .

thanks
Jimmy

If the language used in your first post is offensive then I’m truly shocked as for posting his pictures there is no harm in that you never claimed them as your own work the pictures where not copy right protected and they where posted on a public forum end of that argument, and to say “How do you know you where not there” is a joke especially as there is one surviving in the US the one aspect of the tank that is an unknown which no one criticised is the turret though it was discussed.
If something is wrong then it’s wrong and the owner does not have to take any advice given.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:32 AM
edelweiss3945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rivit counter.... what do you mean by crony? just asking because if you mean who i think you mean, i would rather not get involved in any acrimony you harbour.personally i try to stay out of feuds. as far as my PII goes i made the changes not as a result of this forums critique but because in the course of installing full RC i wanted metal tracks and to be honest it was economics and the cheapest i could find were from manheader on ebay and they happened to be transport tracks. i will concede tho..... they look much better!! thanks anyway.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10655.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1278068  
Old 09-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Panther F

The Shift key can be your best friend.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:28 AM
pcomm1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here still say it was a nice build but am not posting pics from other sites any more with out asking if its ok from the poster first that way he or she dont get bent out of shape over it my apology to anyone I have pist off in the past .

Jimmy

From my point of view, that difficult modeler's Panther 2 looks great and is a superb build and the bottom line it was not a mistake to let the forum know about it.

Tip: When sharing others content and images, next time just give a link and some credit, but with that said, right or wrong, images once posted on the world wide web are in actual practice up for grabs.

Rights are pretty much given away when posted online and certainly the protection is harder than heck to enforce when claimed to be protected.

Cranky chap or not, thanks for the post.

John
Old 09-19-2009, 11:32 AM
rivetcounter

Past arguments are where they belong “in the past and forgot” as for our friend I think he has a bigger problem with me than I have with him, he’s undoubtedly talented but takes things to heart personally if and when I make a mistake I would rather have people tell me so it can be corrected what I wouldn’t want is people saying isn’t it brilliant but thinking this that and the other is in the wrong place because they are afraid of offending, after all if we are never corrected then we will never learn nor progress.
My initial comments where not designed to offend just known facts on PII I think you have don a Stirling job on this subject and that you should be proud of your achievements and as you say it was your own decision to add the transport tracks and I think the tank looks better for it but that it only my opinion, keep up the good work.