Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

KV POWER = TAPS for CATS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:12 PM
RSEA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KV POWER = TAPS for CATS

The IR battlefields will no longer be safe for those pesky Panthers and Tigers. Join the Great Patriotic cause Comrades! Kill the Cats!

I'm seeing GREEN baby! And its looking real GOOD!

Old 05-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: KV POWER = TAPS for CATS

ILIKEIT!! Where do I sign at to join up?
Old 05-16-2009, 07:35 PM
RSEA

ORIGINAL: Panther F

ILIKEIT!! Where do I sign at to join up?
This summer at a Tamiya reseller near you? lolIts really a world-wide cause. So manycats to slay....especially at D.A.K.! The Russian onslaught grows near, as the cats are filled with fear!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:11 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RSEA,

SIGN ME UP! !!!!  GOT ONE APPROVED FOR ME !!!  I AM GETTING ONE FOR SURE!!! Need to make a trip to DAK and slay some KATS!

-=CHEERS!

TOMAS
TX ARMOR

Old 05-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

All thats missing on the KV2 is the big bulleye on the sides of the turret.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:03 PM
pcomm1

Welcome commie dogs!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45780.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1199911  
Old 05-16-2009, 09:34 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

ROLF!!!Why does that old saying"it takes a big hammer to drive a big nail"come to mind?

Name:	Sq45982.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1199967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94789.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1199968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47637.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1199969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn32239.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1199970  
Old 05-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Olifant Mk 2

How about renaming it:

"Overweight undergunned (some turrets effective only on a level surface) asses all wrecked against state of the art bad cats" ??

Only joking!!!!!!

Oli

Old 05-17-2009, 11:37 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can also do battle and see how history might have been different had Patton taken the 3rd Army to the Russian border! Watch out for the Shermans and TDs baby!
Old 05-17-2009, 12:22 PM
edoubleaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

As one who has upheld the Eastern front at my own club and at SCAT, I will say this... welcome comerades! My days with the only running T34/76 and Su-122 are soon to be backed up by some bad assed KV-1s.

Name:	Wu60312.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1200277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26154.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1200278  
Old 05-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Olifant Mk 2

Looking at the inputs on that magnificent and state of the art  AFV, the KV-2, one can only wonder and be mystified by the following decision of the Soviets: When production shifted to the Ural Mountains, the KV-2 was dropped. While impressive on paper, it had been designed as a slow-moving bunker-buster. It was less useful in the type of highly mobile, fluid warfare that developed in World War II. The turret was so heavy it was difficult to traverse on non-level terrain, and it was expensive to produce. Only about 250 KV-2s were made, all in 1940-41, making it one of the rarer Soviet tanks

Old 05-18-2009, 08:26 PM
RSEA

ORIGINAL: edoubleaz

As one who has upheld the Eastern front at my own club and at SCAT, I will say this... welcome comerades! My days with the only running T34/76 and Su-122 are soon to be backed up by some bad assed KV-1s.
Yes they are comrade Ethan! No longer will the Pershing be the only heavy iron poised against theAxis forces atyour field, which seem to be about 90% Panthers and Tigers (cats)..

Победа Будет За Ðами!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:12 PM
RSEA

ORIGINAL: Olifant Mk 2

Looking at the inputs on that magnificent and state of the art AFV, the KV-2,one can only wonder and be mystified by the followingdecision of the Soviets: When production shifted to the Ural Mountains, the KV-2 was dropped. While impressive on paper, it had been designed as a slow-moving bunker-buster. It was less useful in the type of highly mobile, fluid warfare that developed in World War II. The turret was so heavy it was difficult to traverse on non-level terrain, and it was expensive to produce. Only about 250 KV-2s were made, all in 1940-41, making it one of the rarer Soviet tanks

There were only 1354 Tiger and 489 Tiger II tanks built compared to 8544 Panzer IVs and 5976 Panthers.Those nasty Russianscranked out about 5219 KV-1 tanks. On the IR battlefield (at least the one I've been to), the German forces have more Tigers than any other type and I don't see that changing any time soon. Matter of fact, nobody in the entire club seems to have a Tamiya Panzer IV.. One member referred to this tank as a "German Sherman". He seemed to be implying that, as such, why would anyone want to buy one. Especially if your normally on the Axis team andcan drive one ofthose 9-hit Tigers instead.

Thereality of the IR tank battle scenario is that all these real world specifications and history have no meaning whatsoever on the toy battlefield. The Tamiya KV-2 will have no trouble traversing its turret on unlevel terrain.For the most part, itwill be as fast as any of the other tanks on the field, including the Sherman. It won't cost any more to obtain than a panther or panzer IV and Tamiya will make far more than 250 of them, so I don't imagine it will be that much of a rarity on the IRbattelfield. And it most likely will be more state of the art than the current F/O Tiger I kit And may very well not need any upgrades to make it "reliable" on the IR field (unlike the Tiger II). The only advantage I see theKV-1 having is that its TBU apple will be lower to the ground allowing it to hide better behind obstacles.

No mystification about the cancellation of the KV-2. The SU-152 replaced it. A big gun like that was obviously more effective in an assualt gun configuration. As such it was more of a "beast killer" than the KV-2.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 PM
killick64

Another little known "Cat Tamer" serving with the Red Army was theM4A2(76) Sherman.....both VVSS(Europe) andHVSS(Manchuria).As for "Tank Commanders"..... Tamiya's "Bundeswehr"Figures will, with very slight mods to the helmets, make excellent and relatively cheap "Russian" Tankers ! .
Old 05-18-2009, 09:24 PM
RSEA

ORIGINAL: herrmill

ROLF!!!Why does that old saying"it takes a big hammer to drive a big nail"come to mind?
Your last picture there is of a tank of the Russian 2nd Armored Division. This lone tankmanaged to hold up large elements of the 6th Panzer Division on June 25, 1941 (all afternoon and into the night). Panzer III and IV attacks did not disturb it. An88mm flak gun was set upto attack it and failed toput it out of action. A 105mm Howitzer finally manage to immobilize the tank, but the crew continued fighting until the KV-2 was out of ammo. Other accounts of this battle state that the Luftwaffe was contacted to send in Stukas to take out this stubborn KV-2, but they refused to dispatch a Stuka sortie against a SINGLE enemy tank.. ROLF indeed! I do find that quite funny.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:46 AM
ManMachine

Hehe I like the comersial! And I like green tanks! But, I will stick to the cat's It's best for my economy, investing in green tanks will be a most expensive deal.

Gabriel
Old 05-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Olifant Mk 2

I can see the attraction of the Tamiya KV-2 because of its unique profile, butfunding being tight,
I'll have to save my shrinking budget for either a SU 152, an Elefant or a Merkava.
Naturally, I wish I have could have all of them!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 02:52 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Well, now you done it, RSEA. VCO saw your post, and now allows as how she wants the KV1...she then went rummaging around in the Tank Fabrik and laid her little hands on a spare T34/85 turret. I know what's coming now. The little stinker has even drawn up how she wants it painted (winter white but scruffy) and is admiring my lowered apples in the Cats. When I asked her what slogan she wanted, she just gave me that "you poor little boy" look. Sigh, Time for some hops based spirits methinks.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Gereke

@sevoblast...Do I smell a KV-85??

Thereality of the IR tank battle senario is that all these real world specifications and history have no meaning whatsoever on the toy battlefield. The Tamiya KV-2 will have no trouble traversing its turret on unlevel terrain.For the most part, itwill be as fast as any of the other tanks on the field, including the Sherman. It won't cost any more to obtain than a panther or panzer IV and Tamiya will make far more than 250 of them, so I don't imagine it will be that much of a rarity on the IRbattelfield. And it most likely will be more state of the art than the current F/O Tiger I kit [img]{akamaiimageforum}/image/s45.gif[/img] And may very well not need any upgrades to make it "reliable" on the IR field (unlike the Tiger II). The only advantage I see theKV-1 having is that its TBU apple will be lower to the ground allowing it to hide better behind obstacles.
+1 as the forum saying goes.

I think any and all new additions to this hobby should be welcomed with open arms (as long as a standard of quality is met!!). RSEA brough up another point which is the number of "Heavies" out there. That is one thing that's kept me away from being too interested in taking part in the "IR Battle" aspect of this Hobby. I would love to see a more balanced field out there, and of course it's not entirely the fault of the "end users".... There isn't a huge selection out there, but thankfully it's getting bigger.

I'm super excited to see the KV-1 and KV-2 coming down the pipe. It makes for more variety, and the more it piques my interest into jumping in to the world of IRBattles. But then it'll be up to the hobbiests to be willing to forgo the "IFA" and be willing to hit the ground with a medium/light tank. Ifor one, as much as I like the "Cats" have no interest in buying or building one in 1/16th. My first 1/16th is a Stug III. I'm in a rough spot for deciding my next choice.. Torn between a T/34(With possibility of doing assault gun conversions), the KV-1 (either HLor Tamiya, just depends on budget) or a Pz III or IV.

Given the nature of IR Battle rules, what is carrying the "apple" is a matter of aesthetics, and I'm all for a wide variety of eye candy.

The 1/16th R/C market would really benefit fromt he additons of some lighter vehicles, and also it would be nice to see some British, Italian, and French additions. However of course all of this depends on an interest by the consumer.

So for now.. these new Russian tanks are looking mighty good.......

Edit:

For anyone who's interested in the Russian side of WW2 here is a pretty good website..

www.battlefield.ru/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/lang,en/

Old 05-19-2009, 05:04 PM
HG1980
Banned

i cant wait for this KV 1 AND 2
Old 05-19-2009, 05:37 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

thanks to KAREN at the AAF MUSEUM...  http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/
I have my KV-1 on order... #7 on the list... LUCKY #7 !!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!

-TOMAS
TX ARMOR

Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 PM
HG1980
Banned

ORIGINAL: nemesis4u

thanks to KAREN at the AAF MUSEUM... http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/
I have my KV-1 on order... #7 on the list... LUCKY #7 !!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!

-TOMAS
TX ARMOR

number 10!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:18 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I would think so, but then why should Vco tell me, dastardly little plotter that she is?
Iagree on the tanks. The more the better. Iremember when the T34 first came out and having to wade thru swarms of them at Danville, so much so that Icaptured a Sherman from the Sovs, upgunned it to a P4 7.5cm, and the German side then had a medium. Also had a captured T34 85 for grins.
We fight different here. All tanks are set to light, except Tigers and Pershing, which are medium. Only heavy is JT. KV will be medium also. Seems to work better that way.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 AM
RSEA

KV-1 being put through its paces.. Getting ready Comrades.. Ever so ready..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFzJzHiRSbU[/youtube]

Old 06-03-2009, 03:15 AM
RSEA

The Kremlin is quite pleased with KV projekt results! Final testing phase commencing..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6M58hop3gE[/youtube]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.