Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Taigen metal leopard

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 04:55 PM
Autotek79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taigen metal leopard

Hey y'all.. I'm Tim... I've been wanting an rc tank for years and I finally ordered the all metal version with v3 electronics from taigen.

. What voltage does this run on? I would like to have more power for faster speed and torque.... are there aftermarket electronics to run 3 or 4s? I'm totally new to these but not rc...I just installed an fpv system on my losi super rock rey and it's freaking awesome.... will eventually install a system on my tank.... any info or do's and don'ts from you guys is much appreciated
Old 03-17-2021, 10:08 PM
Michal_Kaczorowski

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi. Taigen and Heng Long runs on 2S / 7,4V. Only need to rememeber if you use Lipo, to use buzzer as those boards don't have low voltage cutout. Some aftermarket boards like elmod could run on 3S baterries.

PS. it is good custom to say a few words about yourself, i.e wheare are you from and what experience with RC you have
Old 03-18-2021, 06:15 AM
Autotek79

Well I'm 41 I grew up in rural Arkansas and I'm currently living in El Paso Texas... I've been an avid rc enthusiasts since I was 14... so I got some years in it lol.. I've been an autotech for about 21 years and I love to work on stuff..... this is my first tank after wanting one for so many years....I did order a heng long leopard but when it got here the track was broken so I sent that back...I found this taigen metal leopard brand new for 350 including shipping and insurance.... I was highly disappointed with the first tank that arrived and I'm hoping this will be a much better experience....I currently have a losi super rock rey with fpv... just starting with that stuff and it's freaking awesome...I just sold an all carbon fiber and aluminum drag car that I built.... although I love this hobby I just don't have time to tune and race.... I'm eventually gonna put fpv on this tank and go on some adventures

Old 03-18-2021, 10:13 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm actually from Hot Springs myself, you?
Old 03-18-2021, 10:23 AM
Autotek79

Lepanto..... I've been rc crawling at the off-road park in hot springs.... awesome day and weekend for that matter...I haven't been in Arkansas since 2010 tho...I miss it for sure
Old 03-18-2021, 10:39 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Autotek79
Lepanto..... I've been rc crawling at the off-road park in hot springs.... awesome day and weekend for that matter...I haven't been in Arkansas since 2010 tho...I miss it for sure
Yea AR is one of the nicest places I've been to and I've traveled the US a lot. Just enough land to be away from everyone and enough Walmarts around to never be too far from a quick run. Funny as 2010 was about my last trip as well. If/When I do end up leaving Florida, Arkansas is on the very top of my list though I think I would go NW AR this time.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:11 PM
Tankster

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome aboard! My step dad is from Pine Bluff. Rough town.
I had that Leopard but I wish the roof of the turret wasn’t metal. Way too heavy and harder to modify. Other than that it kicks ass. It definitely begs for aftermarket electronics and sound though.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:31 PM
Autotek79

Well I received my taigen metal leopard... first long run a bearing in the gear failed and took out two teeth on a gear.... do you guys know where I can purchase the v3 gearbox and motor upgrades? I've looked online and can't find any in stock
Old 03-26-2021, 05:17 AM
Imex-Erik

Originally Posted by Autotek79
Well I received my taigen metal leopard... first long run a bearing in the gear failed and took out two teeth on a gear.... do you guys know where I can purchase the v3 gearbox and motor upgrades? I've looked online and can't find any in stock
If you got it from us or our dealers we will take care of that for you. The V3s are out for a bit, trying to figure out exact dates on next order. Things are backed up everywhere. Hit us up on the website if you haven't already.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:06 AM
Autotek79

I didn't get it from a dealer sadly...I found it on Facebook marketplace for $350 shipped... from my understanding that's a pretty good deal....I did email you... [email protected]..... that's me and I always have a million questions coz I just have to know everything lol..... someone mentioned you might wanna take a look at the failure ... I'll be more than happy to send pics or even the transmission if you'd like..... as I stated in the reply I did take it apart..... I am trying to get it going somehow but there are no bearings that size in El Paso lol.... I'm your opinion which is better...v2 or v3 and why... if you don't mind that is