Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

The Shermans are in at Mato

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The Shermans are in at Mato

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 11:49 PM
timslocum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Shermans are in at Mato

After trying and trying to get ahold of RCComand to order a Sherman, I placed an order with Phil at RCTankwars. I tried to give Rccommand my money as that is who I've done all my tank buying from. I've had excellent service, he even sent me some free parts, but he wont answer emails or phone calls. Now Im hoping I got my order in with Phil in time, or I'll be waiting for whenever the second batch comes.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:52 PM
pcsguy88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It saddens me that I had to buy my last tank from Mato instead of Bill. I hope he recovers soon.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:24 AM
The_Stuff

i spoke too soon! just got the email now. no info on the tracking # yet.

now it works. says its comming out of markham. so i assume ontario.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 AM
The_Stuff

im thinking they sold really well. the delivery date just got bumped from friday till monday the 2nd.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:58 AM
hdbeast

ORIGINAL: The_Stuff

im thinking they sold really well. the delivery date just got bumped from friday till monday the 2nd.
Stuff, That's going to be a long weekend, I hate it when they do that to me when it's something I'm looking forward to. UPS removed my Estimated delivery date of Friday for a couple days until it cleared Customs I think, but it was back on track this morning for a Friday delivery. I'm one of the last drop offs on his route and they are working late hours with all the cutbacks, last Friday he didn't deliver until after 7:00pm so that will be a long day for me. [:@]

YHR, do you have an earlier delivery date? or anyone else?

Gary
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 AM
The_Stuff

HD Beast - cause they will ship from Mississauga to Toronto, to Winnipeg. then at the peg, they will divide from western Canada and international shipments there. the peg has a international depot for mail there. although it might be swamped or shutdown lately. everything has been coming out of Vancouver, which might make your delivery longer if it has to go out to Vancouver rather then hop the border at Winnipeg.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:50 AM
chinito_03

ORIGINAL: timslocum

After trying and trying to get ahold of RCComand to order a Sherman, I placed an order with Phil at RCTankwars. I tried to give Rccommand my money as that is who I've done all my tank buying from. I've had excellent service, he even sent me some free parts, but he wont answer emails or phone calls. Now Im hoping I got my order in with Phil in time, or I'll be waiting for whenever the second batch comes.
bill is having techncal problem on hs email server... best way to contact em is to PM him here in the forum...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Hmmm...

With the 'rush' to get one of these, I think I'll wait until Mato puts it even lower. They will... they've usually dropped their initial 'sale' price to be their normal price, and then the new 'sale' price was even lower. Besides, I'll have the advantage of having had all you guys test the buggers to destruction, and perhaps someone'll even created fixes for 'em.

I'm not inna rush, even though I know I'm running outa time (medically)

Got way too much as it is, with two 4' boats topping the bill (Dauntless & American Enterprise) 5 tanks (M4, M26, 2x Leo 1A4's, & T34, & a bare M41 chassis) right down to 5x Kyosho LAV and 3x Losi MicroBaja's (gonna make underguts for a few vehicles)

Rex... don't stop. Building like yours inspires a lot of us. Will love to see what ya do with the M4 VVSS chassis... another TRV? BARV? A different D-Day 'Funny'?

WhiteWolf
Old 10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: hdbeast

ORIGINAL: The_Stuff

Stuff, That's going to be a long weekend, I hate it when they do that to me when it's something I'm looking forward to. UPS removed my Estimated delivery date of Friday for a couple days until it cleared Customs I think, but it was back on track this morning for a Friday delivery. I'm one of the last drop offs on his route and they are working late hours with all the cutbacks, last Friday he didn't deliver until after 7:00pm so that will be a long day for me. [:@]

YHR, do you have an earlier delivery date? or anyone else?

Gary
Mine is supposed to be hear on the 30th, but usually the post office beats that, so I am hoping I get it earlier..
Old 10-27-2009, 03:52 PM
bubbajoexx

got mine today and what a disapointment that was vvss is a joke on this thing no suspesion it only has rockerboxes no independant wheel movment cant go over the smalest hump without getting stuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13524.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1303111  
Old 10-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Captain Nemo12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Care to post more pics of the suspension?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: bubbajoexx

got mine today and what a disapointment that was vvss is a joke on this thing no suspesion it only has rockerboxes no independant wheel movment cant go over the smalest hump without getting stuck
Oh please, do tell us more about this! I am not buying one with NO SUSPENSION at all! Some detailed pics up close showing what you are speaking of please, I'd appreciate it for sure!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:15 PM
bubbajoexx

there is no suspesion its a rockerbox it rocks side to side moving both bogies one goes up the other goes down so when one wheel trys to move upward the traing wheel pushes downward so no movment up or down as the trailing wheel trys to lift the trank of the ground and also the elcetronics are the same old ones with an updated sound chuip added on and you can barly hear the tank with the volumn to the max and it sounds like a 4 cyl perkins with 2 cyl not firering not a continental radial

Name:	Ge96930.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1303115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40575.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1303116  
Old 10-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Panther F

Thanks, I kinda got what you meant in the first post but wanted to be sure. Maybe we can separate the two wheels so they are independent. I thought James AKA swathdiver assured us there was to be a REAL suspension.

Kind of a let down, especially with the sound too. [:'(]

What's the backside of the suspension unit look like?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:35 PM
SNOWTANK

Hmmm I think I will wait till well into next year before I order one. Hopefully by then it will have improvements made to the suspension.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:37 PM
bubbajoexx

check into that and there is no way to separate the bogies without major reconstuction and when do we ever here the real truth here about a product that is new as far as tanks go they just promote what you want to here so you will buy even the electronics is not new just the sound card that they piggy backed onto the old board and think 205 dollars it cost me I could well have spent on a better tank from HL

Name:	Sq47315.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1303131  
Old 10-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Panther F

Yeah, I agree it's a lot of money to be disappointed right at the start.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:46 PM
bubbajoexx

I am so disapointed that I am thinking of putting it back together and drop kikin it of my 3rd floor balcany for being such A FOOL for thinking matoro would keep its word about building a good sherman
Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
bubbajoexx

GOOD MONEY BAD DEAL
Old 10-27-2009, 04:54 PM
blitzkrieg65

Other then the boggies and those look like it will at least move with the ground! I had planned all along to put new electroncis & gearbox in mine! I use to work in consumer electronics you cannot re invent the wheel when they said it was not going to be heng long or matorro boards I knew the electronics where not going to be impressive!
Sitll worth it too me and I am not even a Sherman's lover!

The Blitz

Old 10-27-2009, 04:55 PM
chinito_03

WOW! guess am pretty lucky for not ordering.. saw the pic of your real tank there.. the plastic hull and its paint is way off compaired to matomart's product picture.. the final product loos lie it has a shiny and smooth surface not like the one they posted that has a rough surface... guess ill just get myself a HL panther by dec and another pershing tank...
thanks jax for the info...
also i thin 150 or 145 is too much for that kind of quality....

daryl
Old 10-27-2009, 04:58 PM
BarkingSquirrel

Calm down a bit there tiger. Sounding a bit like a 10 year old. The frustration is understandable, but thake the time to properly express yourself. The more pictures you can share, the better. I personally would like to see the artwork from the box/instructions.

Swathdiver expressed a concern to me that his suspension system might have been overly simplified. He knew they simplified it from what he made for them, but he didn't know they simplified it THAT much.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I could live with the colour (i'd repaint it anyway) and the electronics but the suspension has put me right off.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:02 PM
chinito_03

ORIGINAL: Wozwasnt

I could live with the colour (i'd repaint it anyway) and the electronics but the suspension has put me right off.
paint is not a big issue for we all now were used to repainting our tanks... and changing electronics... but the main downside of the tank si the suspension.. as what jax said it cannot be fixed....... thats the sad part and all knowing alot of tankers ordered already... and the promise of a real suspension from MATORRO... lets hope HENG LONG will make one sherman with a real working suspension...

daryl
Old 10-27-2009, 05:19 PM
cheap tank

is that the matorro plastic gearbox with the small motors to. i am glad i did not order one before seeing it for the price i would be dissapointed to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.