Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

hl tanks

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 05:21 PM
tankinstein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hl tanks

hi all

I would like to know which HL tank 1/16 Pershing or Tiger 1, is the best tank to start with, basiclly which one hase less problems, track, elec., etc.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: hl tanks

The Pershing is the best straight out of the box. I've had mine for about two years and had no problems (running indoors on carpet). The Tiger is more prone to problems and needs a bit of tweaking to make it run well.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:48 PM
chinito_03

pershing.. pretty strong and solid.. tiger I needs to be upgraded for it to be a good outdoor runner... thats based on my experience..
daryl
Old 10-24-2009, 07:48 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Pershing is the first choice. Good runner, tough tank, pretty dependable. The M-41 Walker Bulldog is also a good runner and the German Pz III is also a very popular nice runner. If your model or historically correct mided, all need a bit of cosmetic work to make them look like what they represent, but out of the box runners, any of the 3 are good. HL has had some bad times in the past but are constantly upgrading and improving the tanks. On that basis, new KV-1 should also be pretty good. Good luck. You know, that you will never[&:] stop with one.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:30 PM
pcsguy88

Panzer III is a wonderful little runner and has unlimited paths for upgrades. The Bulldog is my best off-road kick around tank.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:40 PM
The_Stuff

my 2 cents - bulldog / panzer 3 / pershing are the best out of the box and go tanks.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:46 PM
pcsguy88

After buying and slowly upgrading the Panzer III over the past 6 months, I now narrow down my tank choices by upgrade options and then personal preference. I just got a Jagdpanther because I know Asiatam will fully support it and the Panther will eventually follow. With the Asiatam lower hull, it makes converting the Panzer III into a Stug III a 5min process and hopefully the same will be true with the Jagd & panther. 2 tanks for the price of fully upgrading 1 lower hull.

My Bulldog was my first and holds a special place in my heart, but it irks me that you can only upgrade to metal tracks, steel gearboxes and speed 400 motors. This tank screams for all metal suspension that will never come without a large group of us promising way too much cash for it to be produced in small quantities.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:31 AM
swathdiver

The Walker is my best runner too. If you wait about a week many of us will have received the new Mato Sherman and begun to wring them out. Well, except for kids, nobody has just 1 tank! Buy what you like, it won't be your last!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: pcsguy88
My Bulldog was my first and holds a special place in my heart, but it irks me that you can only upgrade to metal tracks, steel gearboxes and speed 400 motors. This tank screams for all metal suspension that will never come without a large group of us promising way too much cash for it to be produced in small quantities.
Same with the Pershing. I think the kit could even do double duty- I think that the suspension is the same for both, just one extra idler for the Pershing. I love my Pershing, but think it falls short without metal suspension....
Old 10-25-2009, 07:18 PM
starskey

Hi

I have had my P III for almost two years and had on trouble out of it.

It just keeps on going and the amount parts and upgrades for it well it's great.

have only just got my pershing so am not sure about it's reliability.

I'll have fun trying it out though.

Jon
Old 10-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Gereke

I'll throw in a good word for the Stug III. But I'm biased.

As for only having one tank... I only have one. That's it. No more, no less. That is, if you only count 1/16th. We won't talk about the four 1/35th kits I have sitting on a shelf, and the two completed 1/35th sitting on my desk.

We also won't count the wish list I have that includes one of each 1/16th tank that's being offered on the market.

......and the 1/6th

.....and the 1/4th

....and the 1/1.

Lets not get carried away though!

Old 10-25-2009, 11:19 PM
timslocum

I own both the Tiger and the Pershing. I would say the Pershing is diffinetly a more reliable runner. Right out of the box, the Tigers suspension is not as reliable. If they stop comming out with new tanks, I will go back and upgrade my Tigers suspension.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:22 PM
pcsguy88

1 word about the PIII, Stug III and I'm guessing the PIV, the skinny little tracks are great for manuevering in dirt and pavement, but hinder it in suburban grasslands. If you live in the suburbs with 100% lawn and concrete, get the Pershing, Bulldog or Jagdpanther. I'm sure the Tiger runs as well as the Jagd in grass since the tracks are so wide, but have no personal experience.