Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

None for the Tamiya Tigers?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

None for the Tamiya Tigers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 06:02 PM
GTRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default None for the Tamiya Tigers?

I seen many ball bearing sets for many Tamiya tanks on ebay, but there are none for the Tiger 1(#56010) or the King Tiger(#56018). Is there any for them? Do you need to buy ball bearings separately for them and see if they fit? Can the Tamiya Tiger tanks use ball bearings or not? If they can't use ball bearings, then I'm guessing that's why there is no ball bearing sets for them. But there should be ball bearing sets for them, since there are ball bearing sets for the other Tamiya tanks.[&:]
Old 11-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: None for the Tamiya Tigers?

Here's for the King Tiger:

http://www.etoarmour.com/product_det...roductID=ETO16

Email [link=http://www.etoarmour.com/]ETO Armor[/link] and ask Bob about the Tiger I, I'm sure some can be assembled or prepared for you.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Pzjgr

I did the bearings in one of my Tiger I's, had to take the road wheels apart (should do it when building), here is where I got them:
http://www.mitosal.com/bearings.html
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 PM
GTRice

Thanks for the links! So there are BB sets for the Tiger tanks. Should of did more searching.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 AM
EugeniRUS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as I heard, the Tiger I (in fact also the KT, Panzer 4, KV-1) cannot accomodate normal size and shape ball bearings, as Tamiya uses some special metal bushings for the roadwheels.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:35 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

That is true, Eugene, for the Tiger 1. With him, you have to bore out the wheels where the stock bushing goes. On the Kings, both versions, the bearings are a simple installation, just drop them in. I have instructions on how to do that for the Kings. Pz 4, I don't have one yet, so I don't know.
When boring the plastic wheels on the Tiger 1, you have to be very very accurate in the bore process. A little off centre and you will either destroy the wheel or have a wheel that wobbles, in other words it will be off centre.
Will you be coming to the Meet at Kubinka this summer? Lean'chka and I will be there. Alexei from Mockba is doing the coordination for it. Do you know him? If not, I can put you in contact with him.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
GTRice

So that means it's going to be a bit difficult for the Tigers also the KV-1 (I was also wondering if there was BB sets for this tank too) to have ball bearings installed in the wheels? I guess the wheels can stick with bushings and have the inner tranny gearboxes using ball bearings then. That would be good enough. I know it may be a bit difficult to modified the holes of the wheels for the tanks to make them just the right size to use BB's. I guess this is why some of Tamiya tanks or I think all of them barely used BB's or not and most of them comes with bushings. But BB's are a nice upgrade.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Panther F

Let's see, so far I have bearings in my T34, Pershing and my second Sherman ... the M4A1E8. The Sturmtiger has the aluminum steel rimmed wheels from WECOHE and I just left it with bushings in it. The rest are just a press fit or drop in. As far as I know the Tiger I is the only one that needs to be turned on a lathe for a perfect hole.

- Jeff
Old 11-03-2009, 01:02 AM
EugeniRUS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: sevoblast

Will you be coming to the Meet at Kubinka this summer? Lean'chka and I will be there.
Certainly, I will!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:52 AM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

That will be wonderful!!
Old 11-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: EugeniRUS

ORIGINAL: sevoblast

Will you be coming to the Meet at Kubinka this summer? Lean'chka and I will be there.
Certainly, I will!
Posts some pics when you can! You guys have some stunning tanks over there.

- Jeff