Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

1/16 StuH 42 with Upgraded Airsoft

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/16 StuH 42 with Upgraded Airsoft

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 06:19 PM
removeb4flt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/16 StuH 42 with Upgraded Airsoft

I've talked to Creepingdeath often they have helped worlds with my wifes m41 bulldog. we spent quite a bit of late nights going through wiring and boards. I put the thunder sound module in it and they were very quick to give tech advice. I know are they are seeking a patent on the new airsoft gun. thats a very smart thing to do. lol my years with a certain softdrink company and all the overseas idea grabbers tells me its the wise thing to do. thats a good word of advice to any vendors out there.PATENT PATENT PATENT!!! they are very tight with any details which i can understand. hey thats life though, and i'm a patient guy.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:15 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: removeb4flt

I've talked to Creepingdeath often they have helped worlds with my wifes m41 bulldog. we spent quite a bit of late nights going through wiring and boards. I put the thunder sound module in it and they were very quick to give tech advice. I know are they are seeking a patent on the new airsoft gun. thats a very smart thing to do. lol my years with a certain softdrink company and all the overseas idea grabbers tells me its the wise thing to do. thats a good word of advice to any vendors out there.PATENT PATENT PATENT!!! they are very tight with any details which i can understand. hey thats life though, and i'm a patient guy.
Well glad to here they are still making a powerfull gun... I was promissed by them one to do a test reveiw on so well see.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:42 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

if creeping death can get an airsoft unit that can shoot 300fps+ then i applaud them and agree, they should patent it. All I know the the HL unit have a certain limit to then and I think I am reaching it. I still think 300fps is possible but only with a 6.01mm inner diameter barrel.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: removeb4flt

I disagree. You just cant patent, patent, patent everything. Patents are expensive. Expect to pay $10k for a US patent then add another $5k for the countries you want to protect it in. Then there are renewal fees. The 'patent it yourself' scams you see are weak and you end up with claims that can easily be worked around. I guess if you think there is a lot of money in a new Airsoft design for tanks then it might make sense. Then again patents don't mean a thing to the Chinese. I have worked with some big Chinese companies that still use pirated software as corporate policy.

I don't know what CD is planning for their new gun. Chances are it is not a new way to propel a bb. Not a new gas instead of air. Not a new aiming device instead of a barrel. What we need is just a tight bore gun with better components and some decent quality control. That would solve 99% of the woes and none of it is patentable. Make all the parts that keep breaking on us out of metal or thicker plastic, fix the little rubber seal that always flies out, and add some decent gears. All this is within the capabilities of CD and no new nuclear fusion has to be invented.

The HL airsoft gun is what it is. The simplest design that can be manufactured for under $5. Seriously, think about it. I know we all would be willing to pay $20 for a really good one. Imagine if the original design budget for the gun was 4 times higher. You would probably have a decent gun we all would be happy with.
Perry
Old 11-04-2009, 09:56 PM
removeb4flt

from what i take it in emails its something we have not seen done. look at the battle systems out there and if the one particular battle system was in the books there would not be another. thats just an example. patents can be bought and sold much like everything else in the world. perhaps they are thinking of airsoft market in general. I know from email correspondance that they are very confident in the gun. what i can tell you from my particular experience is even one patent can pay for itself 100 times over in the course of a few years. International Patent Applications apply to china also. i never had to deal with software compromises but logos and physical properties fall into international laws that even China most of the time had to abide by. so thats why I say patent patent patent.by the way superb STUG TJM!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

I agree, you can make a decent gun for about $20 ($5 for the unit, $2 for the upgraded internal parts (spring, spacers and washers), $10 for the tightbore barrel, and $5 for overhead as not all gun upgraded take and end up in the recycling bin. Then add your time (about 1-2 hours of work - measuring, cuting, grinding, fitting and testing) and presto, you have yourself a real tank killer. I have a gun made that I will be putting in my new Panther when it comes. It can shoot a 0.20g bb over 200fps
Old 11-05-2009, 01:20 PM
jpvert

I hope to upgrade my gun but I know I will have a hard time to find all the hardware needed especially spring and barrel. So if anyone is ready to put altogether and sell a kit, I will be the first to buy one. What is the best way to get a barrel ?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

Send me a PM. What tank are you looking to upgrade?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
jpvert

PM sent. It's a Bulldog.