Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tiger 1 Div. GroBdeutschland Winter 43-44

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tiger 1 Div. GroBdeutschland Winter 43-44

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:51 AM
Pzjgr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tiger 1 Div. GroBdeutschland Winter 43-44

Thanks Streetsquid (Craig) for the awesome whitewash and weathering! Your right when you said it pushed me to the limit but my goodness it just looks great! And it battled great, I had the Tamiya Panzer IV electronics in by mistake (it's going into my Stug III G project) and the sound was just cool, no turret sound...Allies didn't hear me aiming at them. Craig is going to do other commissions for me I hope, my Panther is next. I'll post back here with the pic with what I'd like.

Thanks Again Craig!
Duane
Old 11-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Dugster

Hey Guys,

As great as this new Tiger looks in these pictures, they do not do it justices compared to seeing it in real life. I go to watch it in action on the DAK battlefield this last weekend and it is stunning! Craig (Streetsquid) you are the man!

Doug
Old 11-23-2009, 11:26 PM
streetsquid

Doug,
Thank you very much you are entirely too kind sir.

Truth is the winter Tigger was a huge experiment to see if the hairspray weathering method used in small 1/35th scale armor would translate into 1/16th successfully. I think the overwhelming verdict is that it does work just as well on 1/16 scale tanks.

Now I'm gonna kick it up a notch on the group build of Bastogne Shermans. For those tanks I'm starting with flat black primered tanks and then adding the olive before hairspray and whitewash. You can see more on that painting technique on my Accurized M4A3 (75mm) W build thread. I may also do a dedicated thread on how to produce a white wash finish. My goal is to try and have all of them done by the December battle. With so many new Shermans showing up for the first time maybe the tide will turn in favor of the Allies on the DAK battlefield for once!

Thanks again!

Craig
Old 11-24-2009, 12:16 AM
CountChocula

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That tank looked awesome! Duane, I'd leave the the PzIV electronics in that thing... that engine sound was really cool and really set it apart from the rest. Between your Tiger, Jeff's Panther (hope to see it back after that idler snap!), and the soon to be Bastogne Shermans, our landscape is starting to shift from the landscape of the desert, to the Ardenne! Very cool.

We need to find a way to put down some sort of white snow looking substance to battle on! How cool would that be?

Nice shot of your white cat on top of that bridge embankment taking out my HL Pershing! []

Craig, can't wait to see what those Shermans are going to look like.

Dave