Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-25-2009, 01:13 PM
streetsquid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Thanksgiving

Hi all,
Just wanted to wish you all a Happy and safe Thanksgiving. I know this is an American holiday, but for me it's a great reminder that we should reflect on our lives and all the things we have to be thankful for. 2009 was definitley a challenging year for me personally, the down economy, I was recovering from emergency spinal surgery, nealry lost my mom to cancer, got divorced, lost my job, and my teenaged daughter totalled my car.

But I'm thankful, I live in a free country, I still have my health, my mom is doing great, found the love of an incredible woman, have several prospective job opportunities, my daughter wasn't hurt in the accident, and perhaps most importantly I have a lot of good friends in my life. And although I have not met some of you face to face, I feel like I have a network of friends here on this great forum................................and for that I am thankful!

I wish you all a very happy and safe holiday season, whether you celebrate this holiday or not!

Be well and best wishes

Craig (Streetsquid)

And a very special thank you and prayer goes out to those men and women in our armed forces who are away from their families, and are risking their lives to protect our freedom and the freedom of others in the Middle East and around the world.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:31 PM
moonshadow5739

Default RE: Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving...or..."Tanksgiving"..gentlemen (and ladies)..and I would like to extend the well wishes to all of our brother tankers north and south of the border and across BOTH ponds east and West..
I will keep ALL of you in my prayers tomorrow (Thursday).

-Mike (aka: Moonshadow) Maloney
Texas Armor Assc
Commander-South Texas Panzer Kompanie
Old 11-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy American Thanksgiving (we had ours a month ago) to all of you US Tankers!

Be thankful for what you have. Being unthankful for what you don't causes your life to seem worse than it is, whereas being thankful for what you do have will fill you life with joy and peace.

Keep on Tankin'!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:57 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

HERE , HERE,,,

HAPPY TANKSGIVING to ALL..... It has been another great year of celebrating history, hobby, comradarie through all our events held here in the Americas as well as all over the World... It has been another great year where we have seen Giant strides in NEW PRODUCTS for our R/C ADDICTION, and more to come in the future... But most of all I give thanks for our families, friends and freedoms.... and especially,, I give thanks for all our ARMED FORCES and the work they do to serve our Countries...lest they never be forgotten, EVER....

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
TX ARMOR
VQ WARBIRDS
www.warbirdradio.com
www.vqwarbirds.com
www.bomberfieldusa.com
www.magicstx.org
Old 11-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Dugster

As my good friend Craig(Streetsquid) said, "I wish you all a very happy and safe holiday season, whether you celebrate this holiday or not!"

Happy Tanksgiving Everyone!![sm=regular_smile.gif]

Doug
Old 11-25-2009, 03:12 PM
girltankette

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all - I believe we all have things to be thankful for!

Karen & Natasha
Tank Museum
Old 11-25-2009, 04:08 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 05:03 PM
kclank

Everyone chow down on their favorite protein tomorrow and remember to give thanks that a turkey, cow, sheep or pig died for your right to stuff yourself.

For you Vegans, a carrot may have gone missing.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone
Old 11-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Flyn Chris

Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a good "Turkey Day" everyone and want to thank our Men and Women who are serving our country to keep us safe and free.

BIGMIG
Old 11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you also. Wow that time of year already, I wonder if now is a good time to tell my fiance I want a tamiya for christmas Or maybe a DX5 might be more reasonable.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 11-26-2009, 12:06 AM
swathdiver

Thanks Craig and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

Despite all the hardships that my own family has weathered this year, we too give thanks to God on this day as the Pilgrims did so many years ago. Each day that I wake and spend watching my children grow is a blessing as are each of you, my fellow tankers! God Bless you all and have a wonderful feast with your families!

George Washington's Thanksgiving Proclamation

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be That we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of His Providence which we experienced in the tranquility [sic], union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which He hath been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn [sic] kindness onto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease [sic] of science among them and us and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York
the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789
George Washington

Old 11-26-2009, 12:14 AM
ArmChairGeneral

Happy Thanksgiving all !
Old 11-26-2009, 02:30 AM
204sailor

Happy Thanksgiving All,

Charlie
Old 11-26-2009, 09:12 AM
militarymight

Hi all
happy Thamksgiving to all our American cousins. Still not sure what this is and why it is celebrated will have to google it.
Anyway any excuse for a celebration and im up for it

Best wishes from the United Kingdom.

Andy
Old 11-26-2009, 10:43 AM
blitzkrieg65

Happy Thanksgiving Tankers!

I am Thankful my family, my health is still good enough to stay in tanking, and thankful for all you guys, what great Hobby, and its only getting better!

Sincerely,

Phil Plueger ( The Blitz )

RCTankWars.com
Old 11-26-2009, 10:49 AM
chinito_03

happy thanks giving to you all of you.. stay safe and healthy!

daryl
Old 11-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

ORIGINAL: militarymight

Hi all
happy Thamksgiving to all our American cousins. Still not sure what this is and why it is celebrated will have to google it.
Anyway any excuse for a celebration and im up for it

Best wishes from the United Kingdom.

Andy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(United_States)

Happy Turkeyday,
Wade
Old 11-26-2009, 01:03 PM
moonshadow5739

Again, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Guess what I'm having?! (yep, thats me)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87405.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	1321076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44074.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	1321077  
Old 11-26-2009, 01:29 PM
pcomm1

moonshadow: Are those carcasses "organic"?

Seems a long way around the block, though fun, for something that often sells for way less than 38 cents per pound.

And you better get moving because if those birds ain't in the oven around now, your going to be eating pretty late tonight, or did you stop at McDonalds on the way home?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

John
Old 11-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Panther G

Happy ThanksGiving everyone. Much love too all of you.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:29 PM
swathdiver

Moonshadow,

Awesome! The perfect ingrediants for a fantastic feast! Is that an M700 BDL?