Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Where is RCCOMMAND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Where is RCCOMMAND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Darksheer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where is RCCOMMAND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

ORIGINAL: googlydoogly

The only thing that seems off is how come some people think that RCCommand is the only retailer that deserves a break when they don't ship out items for months, or when they refuse to answer inquiries about the status of orders, or when they they don't tell customers that their items have been backordered, and they may have to wait for a while.

Many e-tailers have been criticized for these things. BYA? Yup, contacting them about your order is impossible. And if they don't have what you ordered in stock (and you don't know since they don't update their stock status on their website), you have a loooooooooong wait ahead of you. Tankzone? Same thing. Unresponsive customer service. Raidentech, etc etc?

Including making false claims of orders that where said to be made on such and such date with no response or e-mail when in fact it was a bogus claim in the first place. I am not saying this is the case here nor can I prove it isn't but I have personally seen it.
If you've personally seen it...does that mean you're the one whose done it?

I also assure you that if Bill gets sick and tired of all the crap he just may call it quits, and THAT WILL HURT THE HOBBY FOR ALL OF US.
I don't see how. Will Tamiya stop producing 1/16 tanks if Bill quits? No. Will Heng Long stop making tanks if Bill quits? No. Will Mato? Will Asiatam stop making aftermarket parts for our tanks? No. Will Etoarmour close shop if Bill takes his ball and go home? No. Will RCTankwars sudden stop selling RC tank stuff if RCCommand quits? Will Welshdragon? I could go on and on. So exactly how will it hurt this hobby?

Someone should update the stickied FAQ about which retailers people should go to. Raidentech has a big note about their customer service problem next to their name, I don't see why RCCommand shouldn't have one as well.
this pretty much sums everything up quite nicely

all of this could have been avoided with a simple "I have had a family emergency and will be unable to process orders for (insert time frame here) please bear with me and i will be in contact with those of you who have already placed orders as soon as I am able" post on his webpage and him turning off the ordering system till he resolved the issues at hand but nothing like that happened.

Bill has not posted once here that i am aware of
his friends have numerous times defending him so obviously bill knows whats going on

this entire situation could have been handled much differently
in the end people must be held accountable for thier actions or lack there of
consumers wont tolerate this in any industry why should we with models.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yawn, Another RCCommand thread. Can we just get it put in the sticky that RC command does not see necessary to answer calls and answer e-mails. I'm getting tired of seeing these. And yes, some will make any excuse for him and defend him to the death.

Perry
Old 12-26-2009, 08:35 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I agree. Can we just put a sticky on this mentioning some people have experienced delays and poor communication, and be done with this
Old 12-26-2009, 10:41 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two guys in this thread who actually have orders due them from this vendor.I don't mind people posting good or bad about a vendor,that is their right.I have stayed out of this as I don't have any order pending from this vendor.But I also know there are people here who just keep sturing the pot and it is a bunch of bull****.Most of this garbage stems back to this stupid battle unit but the main instigators are to cowardly to come right out with it.They keep sneeking around the back door and seem to get pleasure out of sturing this up on a continual bassis.You know who you are and I know who you are.Lets get off this kick and go back to making this a fun place to build and post models.We are all tired of it and it does not make any new potential member just want to join in and post his or her builds or questions when this stupid slanderouse crap continues day after day.

Hang it up and get a life....................

BIGMIG
Old 12-26-2009, 10:55 PM
YHR

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

Two guys in this thread who actually have orders due them from this vendor.I don't mind people posting good or bad about a vendor,that is their right.I have stayed out of this as I don't have any order pending from this vendor.But I also know there are people here who just keep sturing the pot and it is a bunch of bull****.Most of this garbage stems back to this stupid battle unit but the main instigators are to cowardly to come right out with it.They keep sneeking around the back door and seem to get pleasure out of sturing this up on a continual bassis.You know who you are and I know who you are.Lets get off this kick and go back to making this a fun place to build and post models.We are all tired of it and it does not make any new potential member just want to join in and post his or her builds or questions when this stupid slanderouse crap continues day after day.

BIGMIG

Yes and the guys waiting on orders started this thread, the rest of us have clearly stated we are tired of the RCC command threads, and wish the same thing you do. The rest of your comments......................????????
Old 12-27-2009, 12:51 AM
Perry S.

BIGMIG

uh oh. He knows who you are.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:08 AM
ksoc

TO BIGMIG,

Nice job of accusing others of talking trash and calling people cowards, THEN telling everyone else to be quiet, the mighty MIG has spoken.

The only reason I keep coming back to these threads is when people keep falling all over themselves to stand up for a vendor who lacks the RESPECT for his customers to respond to ALL his clients in a timely manner.

The problems with RCC go back farther than Xmas, farther than the DBU. (BTW - if you type in www.rcscalemodel.com you will be taken to www.rccommand.com)

All it would take to shut everybody up would be a few TIMELY and well written e-mails from RCC - Then we can get back to what we REALLY like talking about.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:23 AM
pcsguy88

The Panther G has been up for preorder on RC Command since November which is why you can order something that is not instock. Problem is, I don't think writing code for the webpage was Bill's specialty and it really has not been updated since he got screwed. The only reason I knew about new products arriving was by emailing him thru the instant chat, then placing my order that way. Things look pretty dang rough right now for Bill and I hope he pulls thru. I don't know why his regular email doesn't work, but I know none of mine got answered unless I send it directly thru his site, then they all get answered in a day or two. It could be his ex-partner setup a rule for all emails to be deleted or something. None of us know. Maybe someone here is net savy enough to lend a hand to Bill and keep the site up to date. And yes, losing RCCommand would be a blow to the hobby in the US because they are the only ones who carry a wide assortment of aftermarket parts and they are far cheaper than importing from even Welsh. For straight HL or Tamiya peeps, no impact, but for people like me who hop up our HL's, RCC is the only US source for now. Yes, I know ETO and Blitz carry some stuff, but RCC carries a wide selection of expensive items.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Saxondog

We all have so much to be thankful for,were hung up on debating service from vendors over parts for a hobby.Look at all the new stuff coming out,the quality is improving and we have the time and some the money to spend on a hobby when many people are really struggling just to get by every day,This is where we should be coming to relax,and really be at peace with ourselves not going on and on about something beyond our control,just looked in the mirror and decided how fortunate I am. Enough said
Old 12-27-2009, 04:57 PM
darkith

Easy Bigmig....get your blood pressure too high and you might end up storming off the board again. Not sure who this "cowardly" shadow-organization you refer to is, but the RCC discussion wasn't spawned by the controversy over battle units, but by the customer service (or lack thereof) reported by several people who bought from RCC (or have pending orders). A few people (myself included) have mentioned the cloning of my battle system as a "character reference", but the real controversy remains between those who have experienced poor customer service from RCC and are pissed off, and those who insist on forgiving Bill at any cost and insist that all others must be as forgiving as them.

If you truly want these threads to stagnate and die, perhaps you shouldn't jump in and sling mud with the wrong facts, eh?

D.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:28 PM
BIGMIG

I do understand how the guys who ordered and paid for items are very upset at not getting their items,as I would be too.This battle unit freenzy is between you and bill.If he stole something from you get a lawyer and take him to court...............Don't fight it out here on a hobby forum.This is all nickle and dime stuff and we are not looking at big dollars down the road.This is all old news and only applies to a hand full of end users if you look at the big picture.How many members here on this forum and what percent of them even have or use these units.????? Most of the guys on here have the airsoft versions of these tanks and could care less about these battle units.( Me included ) When a person has a business of their own it is up to them how they run it, and you can like it or don't buy from them.......................Just that simple.Why not end this witch hunt and let this die off onto the back pages of this forum where it belongs.[&o]

BIGMIG

P.S. If you want to try and kick me around,get a bigger pair of boots I've been around the block a few times
Old 12-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Perry S.

P.S. If you want to try and kick me around,get a bigger pair of boots I've been around the block a few times
And kicked off every other forum....Don't start again here.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:02 PM
BIGMIG

ORIGINAL: Perry S.

And kicked off every other forum....Don't start again here.

Well mr. cheap shot would you let us all know which forums I have been kicked off.??????? Why don't you get yourself a hobby

Larry
Old 12-27-2009, 06:16 PM
YHR

Merry Christmas
Old 12-27-2009, 07:09 PM
darkith

@BIGMIG,
Meh, No law against letting people know about the company they're buying from, and that the company may not understand their own technology because they stole it. And hey, I thought all you Americans were "pro-freedom of speech"? Heck, I didn't even post in the last few threads until after somebody had already said something about me or the ripped-off RCC units....in this thread, it was *YOU*. I probably wouldn't have said anything, since I didn't feel I had anything to add.

And hey, if you don't care about battle units, feel free to not rant about them or IR battlers. I seem to recall you got in a tizzy because everyone didn't appreciate your hacks of various RC military toys...so why turn around and pull the same trick against people who use IR???

Lol, Merry Christmas YHR!

D.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:18 PM
chinito_03

guys cool off now... its the week of forgiving....

to: moderators care locking this thread so that it'll stop...

happy new year to all!

daryl
Old 12-28-2009, 12:03 AM
mrunktonkey

Well mr. cheap shot would you let us all know which forums I have been kicked off.??????? Why don't you get yourself a hobby

Larry
You post like someone who's been hit in the head with a sock full of door knobs. You're the one who thinks RaidenTeck poops rosebuds, so why do you GARA about RCC anyhow? Take your own advice and get a hobby. In the interim, pay attention and try to keep up. Your flacid attempts at 'net repartee are freakin' laughable.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:59 AM
pcsguy88

Would be nice if people only spoke of their personnal experiences, good or bad. If you have not had a bad experience with RCC, you have no reason to pile on them. The battle unit is an entirely seperate topic from customer service of RCC and deserves it's own thread, but I think we all know the two positions from previous threads.

Please guys, let the wronged customers complain, offer them suggestions of how to contact RCC and tell them what your personal experience has been. Just keep it constructive. If we get 10 people in a thread who have all been wronged, we might have a real problem, but all I see is one person (maybe 2) per thread with a real problem, then a whole bunch of other's jumping in on their side just to take a swipe. From an outsider, it really does seem personal. And of those people who have been wronged, I don't remember any that have not been resolved. The guy across the pond who waited 6mo before getting a refund is the one issue that truly alerts me and needs to be shared. The rest seem to be about communication and are eventually resolved.

Is there anyone reading this that has been ripped off or unable to contact RCC about a paid order that is past a month old? Anyone get something broken or missing and it's been a month with no response or resolution? These are the stories that carry real weight.

I'm done reading the bickering and sick of looking like a sympathiser when I share my past and current experiences with RCC, good and bad. I only add to the threads to share what forms of communication have worked and still work with RCC, since the people who are experiencing difficulties want help, not just crap piled on. Somehow presenting fact and offering suggestions gets one labeled as a loyal person who is too blind to see the truth and will sink with the ship. Couldn't be further from the truth. If I get ripped off, I will certainly not cover it up and continue speaking of sunshine and rainbows being delivered from RCC. But give me 1 reason I should stop shopping there when I've had 5 successful orders this year? Should I go pay 1.5x's the price plus ungodly shipping to get the same parts from Europe just because this boards opinion of RCC is unfavorable? Sorry, not a sheep, I will go with personal experiences over opinion every time.

By the way, I've had 2 recent transactions with Welsh Dragon and highly recommend them. Much cheaper than Tankzone and they ship ridiculously fast. Seriously, 2 orders delivered from England in 5 business days each? That's great customer service. The same size order placed within 30min of an order from Welsh took over 3wks to receive from Tankzone and cost a lot more.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:09 AM
ejwosu

ORIGINAL: pcsguy88
By the way, I've had 2 recent transactions with Welsh Dragon and highly recommend them. Much cheaper than Tankzone and they ship ridiculously fast. Seriously, 2 orders delivered from England in 5 business days each? That's great customer service. The same size order placed within 30min of an order from Welsh took over 3wks to receive from Tankzone and cost a lot more.

Good info. I'll make amental note ofthat. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:00 AM
timslocum

Yes, good info, I'll be checking out Welsh Dragon.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:18 AM
YHR

Agreed, Welsh Dragon is one of the best. I don't know how they do it , it is like they have a connection to Santa Claus or something. I've had the same experience with them. Mato can put something in the mail in Eastern Canada, and it will take 10 days to find it's way to my door. Using the same mail service, Welsh Dragon can get something from England to my door in 5 days. I don't understand it, but it happens.

I also hear the message about RCCommand. I feel for the guys who are worried about their transaction, and for the record in this particulair thread I was not piling anything on RCC, and in fact was telling people to relax about their orders. I still think people who are having issue with retailers need to bring it up, and of course when the retailer makes things right we need to hear about that too.

I also understand the position of those of you who have had no issue with RCC command. Why would you, everything has always gone on as it should. It wasn't that long ago that Bigmig came on hear and was raking Mato over the coals over something, and I took a very supportive Mato position for the same reason guys defend RCCommand. My personal experience with Mato has been flawless, and I know they try to make things right. So I fully understand guys supporting RCcommand. Where it starts falling off the rails for me is when we are asked as consumers to ignore known poor customer service for the greater good. Greater good of who I might ask????? Business is Business.

If people are having trouble with a retailer, I want to hear about it. I can read between the lines and get the truth, and then make my decision on where I am going to be spending my money. As much as I hate seeing another RCC thread, if it is a new case or the resolution of an old one I think the information presented is worthwhile.

I reread this thread an no one is piling anything on RCC, and that is why I am questioning Bigmig's outburst. There were more darts thrown in then one post then the whole thread combined.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:33 AM
BIGMIG

Well this is the last thing I have to say on this post.You are one of those people who is going to have the last word no matter what,you are not going to quit as long as people keep replying to this posting.When you take away all your smoke and mirrows it all boils down to this Darkith battle unit and weither it was stolen by RCCommand or not.You tried many months back to bring this same crussade over to RCTankWarfare where you was asked to stop as we did not want a battle going on there over this battle unit.You still tried posting this stuff knowing it was going to start a dispute and again we asked to to stop and we pulled your posts and told you this would not be tollerated.You followed this up by sending PM's to us who were Modderators and still trying to argue
with us by means of PM'S.We talked about this amoung the modderators and what to do about it and came to the conclussion you would not quit and you was thus banned from that forum.End of story there,but you still continue on here.???????? Why ????
What is to be gained from this that is going to make you let it end.I have nothing more to say to you as far as I'm concerned you do not exist.

BIGMIG
Old 12-28-2009, 11:49 AM
YHR

I logged on to RC tankwarefare.com this morning and copied my last post there

"Thanks.

As a free thinker, and a man of principles I thought I would add a final comment to my time on this board. There are a lot fine modelers on here and I think this board is one of the best around. I strongly believe that it is the members that make the board and many of you have great ideas and show some real talent. I particpated because I like to share, and help people out.

I am however very principled. Apparently that is something that causes some concern for the moderators here. I have had a post removed for doing nothing more then challenging someone's opinion with my own. This I feel was unjust. I have always tried to remain civil, and polite. I don't however lay over and play dead, and apparently the moderators have determined that harmony is more important then principal.

It seems I ran into trouble a couple of weeks ago when I challenged the moderators over some silly little joke that automatically added text to one's message. They agreed and this practice was stopped, but apparently I ruffled some feathers, as now I have been accused of thread hijacking and a pot stirrer for doing nothing more then standing up for principles I believe in.

I am intersted in this hobby and am active behind the scenes. I wish all of you well, and even though I won't be active on here I do like RC tanks and will continue to model and be as innovative as I can to bring low cost solution to this hobby. I have no real axe to grind with any moderator and they do the best they can. I wish them and this forum well.

Thank you

Dan"

I am not banned from that forum, and the rest of what you write is as credible as as well.

I have no idea why you choose to disrupt this fine forum with its civil debate and free flow of opinions that are encourgaed and respected. The RCU rules are clearly spelled out in every text box. You have violated them on more then one occasion in this thread alone.

Now that you have brought it up I feel compelled to be frank and to the point. I left that other forum because you were a moderator over there. Your subjective viewpoints and the habit you have of reading something into a post that isn't there is bad enough as a forum member but as a moderator it was unbearable. I never threw mud at you, as that is not my style, and left that forum wishing them well. I have not thrown any dirt on that forum, and respect the membership over there. As I am not banned from that other site it was ironic reading you go off on that forum membership over there, and bad mouthing the lot. THey were all left scratchng their heads over what you were going on about as well.

You should take you own advice, calm down and enjoy this hobby. The personal insults you throw at people are unpleasant. I am probably not the only one that feels this way.

Cheers

Dan

PS Thanks for a great start to the day!!!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

popcorn anyone????????????????
Old 12-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Saxondog

see revised message

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.